Scottish person trying to get tickets!

izzi

Hi, I'm a long-time Bengals fan living in Scotland UK. I'm hoping to have a holiday over in Cincinnati this autumn to take in a game - the Bengals Packers one on Oct. 30th. But I called the ticket office and it sounds as if single game tickets may never go on sale for most games! I am quite ridiculously keen to get to this game as it might be my only chance for a long time to see a Bengals game live (here in the UK I don't even get to see them on TV very often..).

Does anyone have any suggestions? What are the chances of buying tickets on the day? Worth travelling all that way in the hope of that or are they going to be reaaally expensive?

Hi Izzi - in what part of Scotland are you based?

My experiences are that there are always people with signs "tickets wanted" - which means they've got tickets for sale (a quirk around the law I believe) so you should be able to pick up tickets but at what price I don't know.

Alternatively, make a welcome announcement on the main board and mention you're after tickets - a lot of people drop by the main board but don't nose around in other places. Just a suggestion.

Welcome aboard, good luck and Who-Dey!

• 4 weeks later...

My experiences are that there are always people with signs "tickets wanted" - which means they've got tickets for sale (a quirk around the law I believe) so you should be able to pick up tickets but at what price I don't know.

No, the brokers really want to buy tickets, at a fraction of face if they can get you to accept it. Those are licensed ticket brokers holding signs along the streets. So if you want to buy tickets, you are right, a broker will be able to provide as well.

Bengals ticket sales of single games did not happen last year,

they sold out in package sales where you had to purchase seats for groups of games. That all happens in late July, early August as I recall.

Posting a "wanted to buy" will likely draw response from season ticket holders with extra tickets.

You can always get tickets to any game,

it is really a question of how much you want to pay

and when you want to pay it.

Many season ticket holders sell seats the weeks before the games on eBay.

I transitioned jobs Sept last year and sold tickets to six home games on eBay (ensured $$ for this year's tickets ;-). I sold mine on three day auctions, up on Monday 5p, closed Thu 5p, game on Sunday.

BTW I sold my Steelers tickets to guy in central Illinois who brought his son. He offered me the same amount of last year's winning auction (4x face value). He is a Steelers fan. I haven't accepted his offer, I am taking Mr Lewis' words to heart, my Steelers tickets WILL go to Bengals fans or I will sit there. (I still attend home games, just less choice seats than my own last year.)

• 1 month later...

thanks for the replies. I'm still trying to get tickets - for the Packers-Bengals game at the end of October. I'm unsure whether to buy on ebay or to travel and hope to get tickets on the day. I just have a feeling it's going to be difficult to get tickets for that particular game! There are tickets on ebay now but I don't know if it's a good deal to buy now - but prices might only go up.

I tried to get tickets on ticketmaster today - the ticket packs - but they sold out in about 3mins. I can only assume they didn't have that many available!

Scottish bengal I'm from Stirling :)