Look into the 4-3 Defense of the future

BlackJesus

Not sure about the Myles, Askew, Langston, Landon quartet. BTW, where is Simmons?

I would hope that by the time we bid farewell to Simons we have a better answer at SS than Myles. Deltha may also get trumped by a young gun.

What do you mean by "future"? If you mean next season -- wrong! If you mean 2008 -- maybe. Probably not though. I would think that if the young LB's work out and the line works out they will definitely grab a safety next draft (or in FA). Myles is not a starter-quality safety. There's a reason KK is ahead of him in the rotation and it's not because KK is a ProBowler.

Edit: Oops, sorry -- just saw your title again (2006). Wrong!

Myles has only played CB for the Bengals I believe, not safety yet (which, as Bengals.com mentions, is where he played in college - for Alabama no less).

Noticing that he's always the first one to get downfield on special teams, I would think that kind of speed would be better used at safety any ways. Plus he can hit/tackle.

I would think the coaching staff's fear is that he would wear himself out if he played safety and not be as effective on special teams, where he could be a perennial pro-bowler/Steve Tasker type if he wanted to possibly. If the Bengals start having winning seasons he'll get noticed soon enough.

I would think the coaching staff's fear is that he would wear himself out if he played safety and not be as effective on special teams, where he could be a perennial pro-bowler/Steve Tasker type if he wanted to possibly.  If the Bengals start having winning seasons he'll get noticed soon enough.

I agree with you Shula. Reggie is always the first one down there to make a tackle wether kickoff or punt. Football is a game of field position and you definitely don't want someone tired out there and then have to play safety also. But I think it would be interesting though to see him play some safety because I believe he's a pretty good player.