Takeo Spike vs Odell Thurman

cover2

Takeo nuff said. O'dell doesnt even compare.

Because????

Because you have seen Odell play sooooo much already that any such comparisons are meaningless?

Come on, man. Wait a minute or two before writing such things. The people down at the Bengals camp who actually spent years watching Takeo, have looked at Thurman and had a happy flashback. That's a nice start. No reason to piss on their observations at this point from your couch.

Can't make any comparisons yet. Whatever the coaches are seeing to say this, I'm happy with, but until he plays in an actual NFL game, it's not possible to compare. Maybe he will be better than Spikes, NO ONE knows at THIS point. I still am unhappy with the decision to let Spikes go and I don't care about "IF they don't want to be here, let them go s**t" either. You can't just let someone like Spikes go. IMHO, he should have been tagged regardless. Give him another year to see what ML was putting together. Oh well, what's done is done. Lets see something Odell !!! :player:

WHODEY !!!

membengal Posted on May 2 2005, 06:55 AM

(Whur CHad At? @ May 1 2005, 09:05 PM)

Takeo nuff said. O'dell doesnt even compare

Because????

Because you have seen Odell play sooooo much already that any such comparisons are meaningless?

Come on, man. Wait a minute or two before writing such things. The people down at the Bengals camp who actually spent years watching Takeo, have looked at Thurman and had a happy flashback. That's a nice start. No reason to piss on their observations at this point from your couch.

Takeo-Pro Bowler

O'Dell-Rookie

How Can you even compare them. C'mon man be realistic. Odell will be a special teamer this year. You can't compare a rookie and a vet. I have seen Odell play and he is a very good player. But he has no where near the ability compared to what Takeo had when he came out. Be realistic. Don't compare rookies to anyone.

Well since you asked -- I really don't care!

I prefer ODell Thurman, because he wants to be here AND that is more important to me as a Bengal fan than the talent or skills of some player on the Bills.

IMO Thurman will help us get to the playoffs -- Spikes will NOT and did NOT.

membengal Posted on May 2 2005, 06:55 AM

(Whur CHad At? @ May 1 2005, 09:05 PM)

Takeo nuff said. O'dell doesnt even compare

Because????

Takeo-Pro Bowler

O'Dell-Rookie

How Can you even compare them. C'mon man be realistic. Odell will be a special teamer this year. You can't compare a rookie and a vet. I have seen Odell play and he is a very good player. But he has no where near the ability compared to what Takeo had when he came out. Be realistic. Don't compare rookies to anyone.

Well, I don't presume to compare them just yet.

But there are those who saw them both at their same stages of development (rookies starting out), who see some similarities. That's a good thing. It's a nice start. They were not comparing Thurman now to Spikes now. Perhaps that subtlety eluded you...

NOW: TAKEO

ROOKIE YEAR: TAKEO

CAREER: ODELL

b/c ODell will be better coached and he will help us go to super bowl something spikes will not do for anyone unless he becomes a big free angent signing to a team similar to the patriots in the future

NOW: TAKEO

ROOKIE YEAR: TAKEO

CAREER: ODELL

b/c ODell will be better coached and he will help us go to super bowl something spikes will not do for anyone unless he becomes a big free angent signing to a team similar to the patriots in the future

Said the fan of a team that got beat by the Bills.

Get with it man. If Losman can mirror Bledsoes pitiful season minus the sacks from his immobility we will not only beat you again, but we will be in the playoffs.

Our D is ridiculous, we have sick wideouts and Willis will be 100% this year.

xpress- as long buff don't play pitts subs. Buff always chooooke under pressure.

See Bledsoe comments. That was one of three games (BAL and NE) that he personally lost because of bonehead plays.

When the heat is on JP won't stand in and take the sack/fumble/td play. He will be off to the races.

See-ya in DEC.

What are you people talking about?

First, this is not about buffalo, that's a different thread. :unsure:

Second, yes you can compare them. that's the point of this thread.

coming out of college. Not now. Not 10 years from now. TKO's rookie vs Odell's rookie.

Third, TKO had better tools. Odell will make a bigger impact.

Based on????? My opinion, of course. and the fact that TKO didn't have much around him and Odell is more equipted to do the tasks he's been given.