Bengals TEs

jjakq27

For a position that we all appear to agree the Bengals don't make much use of...that seems like a waste of space

It really is a disproportionate number of spots on the roster in relation to the actual use of that position in the offensive attack.

Much like if you were carrying 4 spare tires in the trunk of your car to use if any of the other 4 go flat! It's NUTS! :wacko:

We need a good quality tight end who can block and catch. There really isn't one in this draft worth taking in round 1, and there probably isn't going to be one worth taking left by round 2, pick #17.

If we aren't talking about opening up the offense then exactly what are we arguing about? Look, I've got some respect but no real love for a roadgrader like Reggie Kelly nor do I think it would be difficult to draft a replacement for Tony Stewart. And quite frankly, if the Bengals miss out on Miller and Smith...and I think they will...replacing Stewart is what I think the Bengals will limit themselves into attempting on draft day. Finding a backup player who isn't this perfectly balanced block/catch TE, but one who can immediately step in and become the 2nd move guy. Think Adam Bergen. And for those that want more than that you better start hoping that Kevin Everett slips on something big.