Trades already Happening.

Everyone should know this by now, but in case you don't.

The Broncos have traded away the 25th overall pick in the first round to the Washington Redskins. The Redskins will give the the Broncos pick # 76 in the third round to Denver this year along with their 1st and 4th picks in '06.

The Broncos will have no first rounder, but will have a 2nd ( # 56) and 3 third round picks, including 2 supplemental picks.

I would like Cincy' to trade down and add some second and third rounders, I'm really hoping it's the Eagles that come a calling with some of those 13 picks they have.

* However * Guys worth staying around for at # 17.

1. Derrick Johnson

2. Carlos Rogers

3. Erasmus James

I would like Cincy' to trade down and add some second and third rounders, I'm really hoping it's the Eagles that come a calling with some of those 13 picks they have.

The Eagles are holding the cards, no doubt. Surely, they'll make their move in the next day or 2 rather than waiting til draft day. Plus whatever picks they give up in a trade they can get back by trading Corey Simon if they want.

No offense, but you know DAMN WELL, that Derrick Johnson won't be there at 17.

Today I watched as Kiper and Mayoch both tried to explain today why there's no consensus opinion on DJ and the short version from both men goes something like this.

Some teams see a Brian Urlacher type of playmaker who will have to be protected but is still worthy of a high pick. Other teams see the same playmaking skills but don't play a scheme that can protect a player who can't hold up at the point of attack and prefers to run around blocks instead of engaging and defeating them. Teams willing to protect Johnson give him a top ten grade, perhaps even top five....and it's likely that at least one team will draft that way. However, teams unwilling or incapable of protecting him in their scheme grade him much lower. How low? Both of the self proclaimed gurus claimed to have knowledge of several teams who have Johnson ranked as a 2nd round pick on their boards.

As for me, I'm guessing we'll never get close enough to get a sniff of the guy.

ESPN just reported that the Raiders traded Philip Buchanon to the Texans for their 2nd and 3rd round picks in this years draft

I told you guys the Raiders weren't happy with Buchanon. They've been bad mouthing him for a couple of seasons now.

That said, it sure feels like there are alot of trade winds blowing. Lots of veteran talent twisting in the breeze.

Below is a link to East Coast Sports...a good draft website. They say the Raiders could be looking to trade up into the 1st Round by packaging their 2nd round picks. The trading partner is listed as the CINCINNATI BENGALS!!

WHO DEY!!! Make it happen. That would give us three picks in Round 2.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2005PreDraft.html

Below is a link to East Coast Sports...a good draft website. They say the Raiders could be looking to trade up into the 1st Round by packaging their 2nd round picks. The trading partner is listed as the CINCINNATI BENGALS!!

Cincinnati's history of draft day dealings with the Raiders in the past haven't been that great, if not combative. I think Al Davis may still harbor some ill will towards Mike Brown and his draft committee. I forget the particulars...

They say the Raiders could be looking to trade up into the 1st Round by packaging their 2nd round picks. The trading partner is listed as the CINCINNATI BENGALS!!

A small complaint. For those who don't have the time to follow the link, the blurb didn't claim the Bengals were the targeted trading partner....only that the Raiders picks now have enough value to get them as high as the #17 slot.

They say the Raiders could be looking to trade up into the 1st Round by packaging their 2nd round picks. The trading partner is listed as the CINCINNATI BENGALS!!

A small complaint. For those who don't have the time to follow the link, the blurb didn't claim the Bengals were the targeted trading partner....only that the Raiders picks now have enough value to get them as high as the #17 slot.

Boy you are splitting fine hairs...here is the quote from the site:

.off to Oakland where the Raiders dealt starting CB Phillip Buchanon to Houston for the Texans second (pick #47) and third round picks in this year's Draft...by making the deal with the Texans the Raiders now have two picks in the top 47 of the Draft and could package them both to get back into the first round...according to the NFL Trade Chart the Raiders have enough ammunition (950 points) to move up to the Bengals pick (#17 overall) in the first round...the

Raiders are also shopping CB Charles Woodson...but have found no takers up to this point...if the Raiders are successful in trading Woodson

then the team will be looking to replace both of their starting CB's in this Draft or through Free Agency......off

Also, they are talking about trading BOTH 2nd round picks to move up to 17. I would take that trade in a minute.

To trade from #38 to #17, the Raiders better be packaging their 2nds and 3rds for the Bengals to bite (I would hope)

IF and I do say ( IFFF ) that trade were to take place, I don't have a problem with having picks #'s 38, 47, and 48.

Another rumor listed on one of the Eagles web sites has them talking about moving up to the " middle teens " to grab Mark Clayton or Carnell Williams if he's available. But a trade like this would only happen on Saturday. According to the Eagles site, the three players Andy Reid has supposedly targeted are, Clayton,Williams, and E. James. So Cincy' could be the trading partner. :)

I would much rather have #'s 31, 35 and 94 to go along with #'s 48, and 83. :player:

Of course # 47 could be trade bait to add another 3rd and 4th or 5th, but there I go stockpiling again.. :D

According to the Eagles site, the three players Andy Reid has supposedly targeted are, Clayton,Williams, and E. James. So Cincy' could be the trading partner. :)

I would much rather have #'s 31, 35 and 94 to go along with #'s 48, and 83. :player:

31, 35, and 94 w/ Eagles would be much better than a Raiders deal for 38, 47, 69 and whichever 3rd rounder the Raiders got from Texans IMO.

The Eagles trade should get Bengals Thurman and Spencer. The Raiders trade proly Spencer and Ruud or Blackstock.

Boy you are splitting fine hairs...

Wouldn't that be....splitting fine flaming hairs? Besides, I said right up front that it was a small complaint. I just wanted to make it clear that the blurb doesn't name or claim the Bengals are a likely trade partner. Instead, it simply points out that based upon the trade value chart we're all familiar with the Raiders now have enough ammo to possibly get as high as #17 if they want to.

Do they want to?

Isn't it exciting to know that our beloved team actually has a coach with the rocks to make a trade? In years past the Bengals would have simply plodded along and stuck with their alotted picks (ala Akili Smith). Lewis has shown that he can get the Brown family to pull the trigger on a deal...no small feat. While we may end up staying at 17, it is nice to at least have confidence in the guy driving the bus.

Isn't it exciting to know that our beloved team actually has a coach with the rocks to make a trade? Lewis has shown that he can get the Brown family to pull the trigger on a deal...no small feat. While we may end up staying at 17, it is nice to at least have confidence in the guy driving the bus.

Lewis also has the ability to find guys that don't get any press whatsoever by the scouts, the experts, etc. before the draft, and then when the Bengals make a pick they say oh yeah, how could we forget about him all offseason? He's got talent. (Ratliff and Williams last year for example)

I am excited to watch the draft this year, because I have absolutely NO FREAKING IDEA what Marvin will do when the pick is taken to the podium....

We might as well get three 2nd rounders instead of having a first rounder. Here's a scoring update of how many Pro Bowlers the Bengals have had from each round in the draft:

1st round: 6

2nd round: 11

That's a bit of a telling stat, though I'm sure I'll hear that it's all different now with Marvin in control. Before you respond, though, think last year.

All that being said, I'm a little skeptical about the notion I keep hearing about stockpiling picks.

I would much rather have #'s 31, 35 and 94 to go along with #'s 48, and 83. 

Of course # 47 could be trade bait to add another 3rd and 4th or 5th, but there I go stockpiling again.. 

If we wanted, we could probably pick up the whole 7th round if we kept trading down. When does it stop?

We might as well get three 2nd rounders instead of having a first rounder.  Here's a scoring update of how many Pro Bowlers the Bengals have had from each round in the draft:

1st round: 6

2nd round: 11

That's a bit of a telling stat, though I'm sure I'll hear that it's all different now with Marvin in control.  Before you respond, though, think last year.

All that being said, I'm a little skeptical about the notion I keep hearing about stockpiling picks. 

I would much rather have #'s 31, 35 and 94 to go along with #'s 48, and 83. 

Of course # 47 could be trade bait to add another 3rd and 4th or 5th, but there I go stockpiling again.. 

If we wanted, we could probably pick up the whole 7th round if we kept trading down. When does it stop?

I wouldn't mind getting a few more picks during this years draft and maybe trading them for 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks next year since we can't sign all of them anyway. It seems to give a team more options come draft day, especially if you are drafting in the lower half because of your record. Hopefully after this year we will be drafting 20th or later.

I just wanted to make it clear that the blurb doesn't name or claim the Bengals are a likely trade partner. Instead, it simply points out that based upon the trade value chart we're all familiar with the Raiders now have enough ammo to possibly get as high as #17 if they want to.

Do they want to?

Is it wrong to quote yourself? :lol:

Just thought I'd add something. John Clayton reported that as soon as the Raiders/Texan deal was agreed upon Oakland immediately called each of the teams that draft near the Jets #26 slot.

The flurry of trade activity continues with the Oakland Raiders now back in the first round after sending TE Doug Jolley, a 2nd round pick (#47) and a seventh rounder to the New York Jets in exchange for the 26th overall pick and two sixth round picks (#182 & #185). With the Draft still days away this probably won't be the last trade we will see.