Pro Bowl Bound!!!

kingwilly

Congrats, especially to Willie. He should have gone years ago. I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed Takeo made the pro bowl....Oh well, It'll be the only post season game he'll be playing in for a while :D

Peter Warrick is the 2nd alternate for kick returns and Kitna is the QB alternate. Most likely both will be there since most of the players that go annually don't give two hoots about playing.

Kitna is the second alternate QB...Behind Tom "I'm the most overated QB EVER, on the most overated team" Brady

I don't see 2 QB's sitting...a lot will depend on the playoffs. McNair may not play because of his health, and one of the others may sit because they made it to the SB...But I just don't see it...I have to admit I was a little shocked to see that P-Dub was an alternate for the return job....But then, he did out Dante when they played the Chiefs so that probably helped....

kevnz,

i'll agree with what i think you were trying to say...kitna is playing better than brady. definitely deserves the 1st alternate spot.

but overrated?

brady's a hell of a quarterback. maybe not the best numbers, but look at his leadership, winning %, and clutch play. i don't know why i'm defending brady, it's ironic it's a week we play the rams, b/c last time i was pulling for brady was in the super bowl. i was living just outside of st. louis at the time and i hated the rams and their fans ego about their team. me in a room with 12 rams fans pulling for the pats in the super bowl. i was like the guy in that commercial with all the jets fans wearing the zach thomas jersey.

and the patriots themselves underrated? i don't see anybody knocking these guys off come playoff time. 7-0 against teams with winning records!!! 7-0??!!!??!!!

brady's a hell of a quarterback. maybe not the best numbers, but look at his leadership, winning %, and clutch play. i don't know why i'm defending brady, it's ironic it's a week we play the rams, b/c last time i was pulling for brady was in the super bowl. i was living just outside of st. louis at the time and i hated the rams and their fans ego about their team. me in a room with 12 rams fans pulling for the pats in the super bowl. i was like the guy in that commercial with all the jets fans wearing the zach thomas jersey.

and the patriots themselves underrated? i don't see anybody knocking these guys off come playoff time. 7-0 against teams with winning records!!! 7-0??!!!??!!!

Brady is a good game manager...He just doesn't light it up when it comes to pure QB performance...I also think the Pats are a good team...However a lot of people are making them out to be the greatest thing outthere...Just don't know about that. I do see them going to the Super Bowl, but only because they don't have to leave Foxboro for the playoffs...Maybe it's just because they don't have any real standout performers, but good quality from top to bottom....I just see them setting themselves up for a big letdown though...I just don't know...I don't think they are as good as the Chiefs, or the Colts....(I know the beat the Colts but that game could have gone either way, along with several other games they won)

Hell, I don't think they are as good as the Bengals. But then I'd think that wouldn't I? :D

Congrats, especially to Willie. He should have gone years ago. I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed Takeo made the pro bowl....Oh well, It'll be the only post season game he'll be playing in for a while :D

You and Joisey Cat have an uncanny ability to post what I was going to say. This one is no exception right down to the TKO reference.

I'm going to go back to what I was doing a couple of weeks ago ............. quoting you guys and then just adding " yeah. what he said". :lol:

Right, of course. I forgot the other threads here that explained how Ray, Boulware, Reed, and McAlister were going to find a way to get into a Bengals uniform so they could be with Marvin again (even though Reed has never played for Marvin).

On a serious note, you guys could actually end up with Adalius Thomas. I don't think we're going to resign him since we just drafted T-Sizzle to play the same position. That would be a great pick up for you guys. Along that vein, I hope he goes to the Rams, or Vikings, or anywhere in the NFC.

Right, of course. I forgot the other threads here that explained how Ray, Boulware, Reed, and McAlister were going to find a way to get into a Bengals uniform so they could be with Marvin again (even though Reed has never played for Marvin).

On a serious note, you guys could actually end up with Adalius Thomas. I don't think we're going to resign him since we just drafted T-Sizzle to play the same position. That would be a great pick up for you guys. Along that vein, I hope he goes to the Rams, or Vikings, or anywhere in the NFC.

No disrespect to the Ravens, they're a fine organization. I know Ray Lewis has a couple of fans here, but as far as myself, I like your players right where they are. There's nobody on the Ravens that would make me jump up and down if I found out they were coming to the Bengals. If there is a guy on your team I'd like to see in stripes, he's one that never gets mentioned and he's on your O line.

Before you do the Ravens haters schtick, remember I said all the guys on your team are good players. I just think they would be a bit pricey for what we'd be getting. Think we can do as well developing our own or shopping elsewhere in the FA market.

Right, of course.  I forgot the other threads here that explained how Ray, Boulware, Reed, and McAlister were going to find a way to get into a Bengals uniform so they could be with Marvin again (even though Reed has never played for Marvin). 

On a serious note, you guys could actually end up with Adalius Thomas.  I don't think we're going to resign him since we just drafted T-Sizzle to play the same position.  That would be a great pick up for you guys.  Along that vein, I hope he goes to the Rams, or Vikings, or anywhere in the NFC.

No disrespect to the Ravens, they're a fine organization. I know Ray Lewis has a couple of fans here, but as far as myself, I like your players right where they are. There's nobody on the Ravens that would make me jump up and down if I found out they were coming to the Bengals. If there is a guy on your team I'd like to see in stripes, he's one that never gets mentioned and he's on your O line.

Before you do the Ravens haters schtick, remember I said all the guys on your team are good players. I just think they would be a bit pricey for what we'd be getting. Think we can do as well developing our own or shopping elsewhere in the FA market.

I agree Redsfan, I think we'd be just as well picking up in the draft and filling in needs to surround the foundation Lewis has laid. I honestly don't want big name free agent pick ups only because the expectations by me and everyone else would be so high. Like Hardy, I know he's not the best MLB in the league, but I always thought highly of him. I have been disappointed in his play this season, but it doesn't mean he's not doing well for what Lewis wants of him.

I think that rumors were starting to rule our thoughts and what ifs. Yea it would be nice to bring over the whole Ravens defense, but I'd rather the Ravens keep everyone so we can beat them with their great players.

I agree that the best way is to draft. I was just poking fun at the threads I've found where people, who apparently don't understand anything about the business of football, kept mentioning that all of these players who played under Marvin would love to play for him again. I made my noise on that thread, but it's such a ridiculous comment I need to keep bringing it up.

Don't worry, Ogden is not underappreciated around here.

Lastly, those four players I've named are some of the best at their positions. They are all difference makers. I can't imagine that you see them as overvalued. Can you overpay for Ray? and before you say that all you would be able to surround him with would be late round draft picks and undrafted free agents and the team would suck, I would like to point out that that is exactly what we did, and he's got those kids playing like vets.

I agree that the best way is to draft. I was just poking fun at the threads I've found where people, who apparently don't understand anything about the business of football, kept mentioning that all of these players who played under Marvin would love to play for him again. I made my noise on that thread, but it's such a ridiculous comment I need to keep bringing it up.

Don't worry, Ogden is not underappreciated around here.

Lastly, those four players I've named are some of the best at their positions. They are all difference makers. I can't imagine that you see them as overvalued. Can you overpay for Ray? and before you say that all you would be able to surround him with would be late round draft picks and undrafted free agents and the team would suck, I would like to point out that that is exactly what we did, and he's got those kids playing like vets.

Over valued would be one way to put it, but that may be overstating the matter.

Takeo provides a good example. Coach Lewis was able to get 4 players .... one of which was Spikes replacement for what it would have cost to resign him. Are any of the players we got as good as Spikes ??? No probably not, but the sum of the 4 is of greater value to the defense than what he was alone.

Buffalo went whole hog on defensive players, and what did it get them ???? Spikes says they may finish up with the #1 rated defense. Great! You still got a losing record though. Give me a bunch of also rans that are willing to put the team ahead of their own interests any day. They may not get the flashy numbers and the #1 ranking, but they are going to make the contributions necessary to get the club a winning record.

We had a Spikes and went 2 and 14. Now we don't have him and we're on track for a winning season. I like it this way better.

Ogden ??? I didn't mention Ogden. Now that you mention it though, he is pretty good huh !