Trading Down

The Green Bay News-Chronicle reports that the Packers are interested in Georgia's Thomas Davis. The possibility exists that the Packers could parlay their two second-round picks in order to move up and nab Davis, who could play either safety or linebacker.

I would think this would be to huge to pass up !!! Leave us with 3 second round picks !!! Anyway, just something I snagged from NFL.com.

WHODEY !!!

But the fact that maybe not all of our picks this year will make the team due to what our roster looks like this just seems pointless. I don't see us doing this.

I'd still like to see ML get to use his talent evaluation towards more picks and 9 or 10 this year would give him that chance.

There's plenty of players who are on the 53-man bubble.

1. Terrell Roberts

2. K2

3. Larry Stevens

4. Carl Powell

5. Anthony Mitchell

6. 1 DT after a 4-man rotation is set

7. Nate Webster

8. Tony Stewart

9. Alex Sulfsted

10. Scott Kooistra

11. Kevin Hardy

So there should be room for more picks and not all of them would have to stick if they can't beat out anybody.

The Green Bay News-Chronicle reports that the Packers are interested in Georgia's Thomas Davis. The possibility exists that the Packers could parlay their two second-round picks in order to move up and nab Davis, who could play either safety or linebacker.

I would think this would be to huge to pass up !!! Leave us with 3 second round picks !!! Anyway, just something I snagged from NFL.com.

WHODEY !!!

Draft Trade Value Chart

If they wanted to trade 24+58 (value 1060) for 17 (value 950) that would be a good trade.

If they wanted to trade 24+51 (value 1130) for 17 (value 950) that would be a great trade.

If they wanted to trade 24+51+58 (value 1450) for 17 (value 950) that would be an unbelievably huge trade. I don't think we could pass that one regardless of whose there at 17.

As Schweinhart said, there should be room and bottom line, you just can't pass up an opportunity like that. To have the chance to pick up a Center, DT or DE, AND a safety all in the second round is TOOOOOO good to pass up. We could stop drafting at that point, as far as the happy s**tometer goes :) and would do nothing but push the players already there to produce or get the hell out !!! I see the Saints benefitting from this anyway, but it's nice to think about...

WHODEY !!!

But the fact that maybe not all of our picks this year will make the team due to what our roster looks like this just seems pointless.  I don't see us doing this.

I'd still like to see ML get to use his talent evaluation towards more picks and 9 or 10 this year would give him that chance.

1. Terrell Roberts

2. K2

3. Larry Stevens

4. Carl Powell

5. Anthony Mitchell

7. Nate Webster

8. Tony Stewart

9. Alex Sulfsted

10. Scott Kooistra

11. Kevin Hardy

So there should be room for more picks and not all of them would have to stick if they can't beat out anybody.

Don't forget about the Peter Warrick situation..???

Hue Jackson the Bengals wide receiver coach was an active participant at Chris Henry's WR, W.Virginia workout, so he could be the guy if we trade out of the first round.

6'4, 210 4.45 speed -- according to his Espn(mag) interview, he says he can explain his ejections and off the field troubles. ( Mostly bad temper :lol: )

Don't forget about the Peter Warrick situation..???

Hue Jackson the Bengals wide receiver coach was an active participant at Chris Henry's WR, W.Virginia workout, so he could be the guy if we trade out of the first round.

6'4, 210 4.45 speed -- according to his Espn(mag) interview, he says he can explain his ejections and off the field troubles. ( Mostly bad temper :lol: )

As a WVU fan, I hope the Bengals avoid drafting Henry. He has a ton of talent, but may not be coachable. With him, I am reminded of Reggie Rembert :blink: Anyone remember him???

1. Terrell Roberts

2. K2

3. Larry Stevens

4. Carl Powell

5. Anthony Mitchell

7. Nate Webster

8. Tony Stewart

9. Alex Sulfsted

10. Scott Kooistra

11. Kevin Hardy

There's no was K2 goes anywhere. He plays for near minimum salary and was good enough to start at every position in the secondary in a pinch last year. He has a nose for the ball and works harder than any guy in the league at his salary.

As for Sulsted and Koostra, the only way they are going anywhere is if we draft someone else to directly replace them.

Anthony Mitchell isn't on the bubble. He's a special teamer, who showed flashes of sheer brilliance in the return game last year (most of which were called back because of dumbasses holding away from the damned play).