Ratliff Replacing Delta? Geathers, Andrews

Conspicious by his absence from this report : Matthias Askew. His development or lack thereof could have trememndous impact on this season and next.....

Good to hear someone is talking about Andrews, there's been almost no talk about him anywhere.....I get the idea he is more targeted to RT than LT though.

Conspicious by his absence from this report : Matthias Askew.  His development or lack thereof could have trememndous impact on this season and next.....

I'm worried more about Askew's attitude, than I am his skills.

While watching one of the game tapes from last year, I saw an incident where Marvin appeared to be having a conversation with the D-Line. Askew was sitting next to Langston Moore. Moore was very attentive, while Askew appeared to be bored and staring off into space.

I really like Askew's "potential" and hope he listens well enough to development that potential into plays.

From the Mel "the Hair" Kiper report last year "He (Askew) has loads of raw talent, but needs technique work, and a higher sustained intensity level."

If Askew can develop, I think we have found BIG help for our D-Line. IMO in college, he looked better than any of the current top DT in the draft.

Wasn't Askew coming out to support his family?

Thats a good reason, but dog, cmon now.....just because you got drafted doesnt mean youre all set. If you wanna make the BIG bucks, you better start playing like you want a career.

I'm always excited about Stacy Andrews. Last year, back when Drew Boylhart's Huddle Report was free, he RAVED about him. Stacy and Madieu, I specifically remember. Dude just gets bigger and bigger doesn't he? I thought I remember him being about 6-5, and that report lists him as 6-7. I don't think he be groomed to be a RT, whoever said that. The war room didnt bring him here to play RT. His athletic ability is better than that (even better than Shawn's). He'll learn, and then most likely will be able to spot or supplant Levi and Willie.

I didn't like the knock on Geathers for being big enough. I don't buy it. I think this dude can be something special. I'm all for seeing this guy more frequently on the D-Line, in some type of rotation with Clemons. I hate hearing this tweener bulls**t these draftniks and scouts spout about.

Prime example: At 6-5 292, Travis Johnson can be suited for DT, but Shaun Cody (who is about identical in height, weighs just as much and is faster) is too SMALL to play DT? WTF is that about? And I always thought that 6'2 and under was too small to play LB, supposedly. Robert McCune is too small at 6'1, but at 6'2 Channing Crowder and Thomas Davis are perfectly sized? That's f**king ridiculous. The NFL wants f**king prototype mutants playing football, give me a break. Just plow into the f**king guy and end the down already.

I doubt that Ratliff replaces Deltha any time soon. When healthy last year, O'Neal was very stout, and probably out played Pro Bowl Corner Tory James towards the end of the season. - One thing that I have noticed about James, has to be how he falters towards the end of the year. If anything, I would imagine Ratliff challenging James first.

* On another thought, while we definitely didn't miss Dennis Weathersby last season, his size and athleticism once had him projected as a first rounder. Cornerback is still an option for the Draft, despite what Marvin and his infamous "poker-faced" statements lead one to believe. ;)

I doubt that Ratliff replaces Deltha any time soon. When healthy last year, O'Neal was very stout, and probably out played Pro Bowl Corner Tory James towards the end of the season. - One thing that I have noticed about James, has to be how he falters towards the end of the year. If anything, I would imagine Ratliff challenging James first.

Absolutely Keiwan replaces James not Deltha.

WTF is Chick talking about :wacko:

Deltha would've made a run at a Pro-Bowl last year if not for the pre-season ankle injury on a PR and IIRC a knee sprain vs. Steelers 2nd game.

Absolutely Keiwan replaces James not Deltha.

Totally agree ...

O'Neal is only 28 and still has outstanding natural ability ...

By the way does anybody know if James has ever played any at FS ?

I didn't like the knock on Geathers for being big enough.  I don't buy it.  I think this dude can be something special. .

I have to agree here to ...

Not big enough ?

He is every bit as big as Justin Smith.

I would Love to see Geathers develop into a three down Player ...