Peter Warrick

jjakq27

It is funny how different the spin was on each of these articles. In Hobson's version it presented a more positve picture of PDub. In Curnutte's article he came across rather selfish. It sounds like it came from the same interview though.

http://bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCurPage=0&news_id=2820

Realistic Warrick shows up for work

4/4/2005 - 4-3-05, 12:15 p.m.

BY GEOFF HOBSON

Wide receiver Peter Warrick isn’t lobbying to get out of Cincinnati. In fact, he thinks he can exist in an offense with Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

But, he also wouldn’t be surprised if the Bengals let him go and wondered if a change might be good for him.

“Everybody is talking about them letting me go,” Warrick said as he arrived for Monday’s first day of off-season workouts at Paul Brown Stadium. “If that’s what they’re going to do, don’t get mad about it. It’s already in the making. You never know. It could be best for me somewhere else.”

But Warrick also said “all the great teams have three great receivers,” and, “I don’t have any problem with Cincinnati. I’ve enjoyed my time here. I love the fans, the coaches are cool, the players are cool.”

Warrick, scheduled to make $2.2 million in the last year of his contract, wouldn’t elaborate on his physical condition, except to say, “I’m cool.” He played in just four games last season after a broken leg ended a season that had already been plagued by rehab from arthroscopic knee surgery.

As for the four-year deal signed by Houshmandzadeh last month that gives him more than $5 million this season, Warrick said, “I signed a contract, too.

“They talk about T.J. He had a good year last year,” Warrick said. “But my focus is on me. I’m worried about Pete. He’s his own man and I’m my own man.”

Warrick reiterated what he said when he left last season. He doesn’t consider himself a No. 3 receiver. But he does think there is room in this offense for Johnson, Houshmandzadeh, and Warrick.

"Everybody is used differently," Warrick said.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/504050360

Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Bengals notebook

Warrick wonders about his future; Wide receiver 'ready for anything'

By Mark Curnutte

Enquirer staff writer

Wide receiver Peter Warrick vented frustration Monday regarding his health and uncertain status with the Bengals on the first day of the team's offseason strength and conditioning program.

Warrick, the subject of rumors that the Bengals would release him to save salary-cap space, said he still had not been cleared physically to participate in on-field passing drills that begin later this month.

Warrick was limited to four games with one start in 2004. He suffered knee and shin injuries.

He is prepared to accept whatever decision the Bengals make.

"I'm cool, man," he said. "... I'm ready for anything.

"With everybody talking about them letting me go, if that's what they're going to do, I can't get mad about it, if it's already in the making.

"And you never know, man. It could be best for me (to be) somewhere else. Change is always good."

Warrick was the fourth overall pick of the 2000 draft by the Bengals. He is entering the final season of a six-year contract that would pay him a $2.28 million base salary in 2005. He also has a $200,000 workout bonus in his contract.

The Bengals re-signed free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh to a four-year contract in the offseason.

Houshmandzadeh had a breakout season filling in for Warrick in 2004 with 73 catches for 978 yards.

"Man, my whole focus, they talk about T.J. and all that, I'm not worried about T.J.," Warrick said. "I'm worried about Pete. T.J. is his own man. I'm my own man. That's all I'm worried about."

it looks like he is going to be released. He'll save the Bengals $2M, and for a No.4 receiver behind Johnson, Houshmanzadeh and Washington--5 if they draft a WR in the first two rounds--that's a bit excessive.

Looks like the writing is on the wall. I think in the right situation, he can be a very productive No.2. He just has been unlucky with the injury bug.

I know we have to think long-term here, but I really wanted to see what Peter Warrick,T.J.,Chad, and Kelley Washington could do against those superior defenses in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. - I have to think, that the biggest reason we lost the second Pittsburgh game, other than the fact we didn't run the ball that well, had to be we had no under-neath outlet for Palmer.

If Warrick goes, make someone give up a draft pick for him. Other than that, keep him in fold this year, and see if Palmer can't have a Peyton Manning type season, with all those weapons. :player:

I know we have to think long-term here, but I really wanted to see what Peter Warrick,T.J.,Chad, and Kelley Washington could do against those superior defenses in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. - I have to think, that the biggest reason we lost the second Pittsburgh game, other than the fact we didn't run the ball that well, had to be we had no under-neath outlet for Palmer.

If Warrick goes, make someone give up a draft pick for him. Other than that, keep him in fold this year, and see if Palmer can't have a Peyton Manning type season, with all those weapons. :player:

yeah, what he said.

I think P-Dub has something to prove.

Sheit, if TJ can have a career year and get that much coin, I'm thinking P-Dub has to be licking his chops.

P-Dub is as tough as they come. Him coming back the last game of 2003 w/ a real shot at playoffs on the line to play a week after getting his knee scoped was an act of balls and heart.

I'd love to witness what he, Chad, Housh, and K-Dub could pull off in 1 year. But if P-Dub is to be cut, then cut him now and let him get on with what he needs to because he deserves that act of respect.

we have to keep p-dub this year. if we release him and tj or chad gets hurt were in real trouble. i like p-dub and he is a better w/r than tj and we really struggled on 3rd down and in the red zone without him. p-dub to me is a key piece to get to the playoffs and not some young first year player. a young guy can't bring what peter does. we are a better team with p-dub than we are without him

Warrick is on the Bengal basketball team....they played in my hometown the other night agaisnt the police for charity..

Warrick has a noticable limp.. Cant see him being very fast anymore. Palmer likes to shoot threes and isnt bad... Askew has no muscle tone whatsoever.. The guy is soft everywhere. chad is the man.. best player on the team.. can jump outta the gym... they won..

Warrick is on the Bengal basketball team....they played in my hometown the other night agaisnt the police for charity..

Warrick has a noticable limp.. Cant see him being very fast anymore. Palmer likes to shoot threes and isnt bad... Askew has no muscle tone whatsoever.. The guy is soft everywhere. chad is the man.. best player on the team.. can jump outta the gym... they won..

If Warrick hasn't been cleared to run routes etc, then why the hell is he playing pick-up basketball....?? :angry:

to get to the next level we need something to improve. if peter and tj have good years that might do it for the offense. 3 solid receivers we havent had in ages. we havent done much to improve the team, yes we have the draft still but we also need players, our players, especially ones we have counted on in the past that have either had a setback or an injury to step up.