Takeo Spikes

BengalBobNC

With the Bengals post season hopes still very much alive and now that the Bills are officially eliminated from the post season, I wonder what he is thinking!?! Probably something along the lines of !@#$ %^ $#*& @#$%^@ %$#!!!!!!!!

It was hard to blame anyone for wanting out of Mike Brown's disaster, but credit goes to Mike Brown and Katie Blackburn for bringing in Marvin Lewis and letting him run the show. Didn't someone post something about some reporter in Dayton who said Takeo is our MVP...by leaving allowing us to get a handful of players!

hehehe

With the Bengals post season hopes still very much alive and now that the Bills are officially eliminated from the post season, I wonder what he is thinking!?! Probably something along the lines of !@#$ %^ $#*& @#$%^@ %$#!!!!!!!!

It was hard to blame anyone for wanting out of Mike Brown's disaster, but credit goes to Mike Brown and Katie Blackburn for bringing in Marvin Lewis and letting him run the show. Didn't someone post something about some reporter in Dayton who said Takeo is our MVP...by leaving allowing us to get a handful of players!

hehehe

That would have been me. Reporter was Chick Ludwig. Read him all the time.

If Takeo was really the team leader he claimed to be, he'd have told Marvin Lewis .... I'll give you 1 year. After that if we're both happy we can talk long term. He couldn't do that though because he was more interested in his own personal gratification. Also to be considered is that everyone is assuming that Marvin Lewis wanted Takeo to stay. If that really was the case, then how come Hardy was signed 3 days before Spikes signed with the Bills ?? I noticed that on the transactions list where they give the dates of the transactions.

When Spikes got to Buffalo he said "I can smell the playoffs". If he can still smell them, then its beacuse the aroma is being carried on a stong breeze coming out of Cincinnati.

If Takeo was really the team leader he claimed to be, he'd have told Marvin Lewis .... I'll give you 1 year. After that if we're both happy we can talk long term. He couldn't do that though because he was more interested in his own personal gratification.

I don't know about that. Face it, this was Takeo's shot at the big money, and he took it. The "1 year" idea is really a non-starter. The Bills were prepared to throw bigger bucks at him than the Bengals, and if he had done a 1-year deal there was always the chance he could get hurt and would never see that kind of offer again. No, all things considered, I can't blame Takeo for walking away.

What *is* obnoxious is the way he left, the sarcastic, "oh, yeah, I thought about staying for about 30 seconds," or "I can smell the playoffs" type comments. Especially in the first couple weeks when the Bills were riding high, he just couldn't quit talking about how this was so much better than being a Bengal. A real pro just would have said," Hey, I'm done with that chapter, I wish them the best (except when we play, of course), now let's talk about the Bills."

I don't know about that. Face it, this was Takeo's shot at the big money, and he took it. The "1 year" idea is really a non-starter. The Bills were prepared to throw bigger bucks at him than the Bengals, and if he had done a 1-year deal there was always the chance he could get hurt and would never see that kind of offer again. No, all things considered, I can't blame Takeo for walking away.

What *is* obnoxious is the way he left, the sarcastic, "oh, yeah, I thought about staying for about 30 seconds," or "I can smell the playoffs" type comments. Especially in the first couple weeks when the Bills were riding high, he just couldn't quit talking about how this was so much better than being a Bengal. A real pro just would have said," Hey, I'm done with that chapter, I wish them the best (except when we play, of course), now let's talk about the Bills."

What they are really having second thoughts about in Buffalo is passing on Lewis and hiring Williams.

Bull's-eye. I forget where I read it, but a couple weeks back one sportswriter wrote that Lewis "continues to make a mockery of every team that didn't hire him" by winning with the Bengals. I thought that expressed things perfectly.

The real irony here is that Spikes went to Buffalo who are the true dumbasses in this whole situation because they hired Gregg Williams for being the Defensive Coordinator of the Titans in 2000. They failed to realize that Marvin was the coach for the BEST defense that year.

Carolina seems to be doing well with John Fox but Buffalo is by far biggest culprit of bypassing Marvin.

So where does Takeo go??? To Buffalo :D

I bet you guys can't wait to get the Bills in your house now

The real irony here is that Spikes went to Buffalo who are the true dumbasses in this whole situation because they hired Gregg Williams for being the Defensive Coordinator of the Titans in 2000. They failed to realize that Marvin was the coach for the BEST defense that year.

Carolina seems to be doing well with John Fox but Buffalo is by far biggest culprit of bypassing Marvin.

So where does Takeo go??? To Buffalo :D

I bet you guys can't wait to get the Bills in your house now

Agreeing with a Ravens fan? I must have lost it :lol:

Yep Jam31, I thought the Bills were total dumbasses for hiring Williams....He must be an awsome interview to be able to beat out Marvin Lewis....But hey there loss is definately our gain. I'll also agree with you that the Ravens had the best D in 2000, I don't care what the stats were for the Titans....

I can only imagine the reception that Takeo is gonna get when he comes to PBS....Of course considering the Bills will have to go into a rebuilding mode, throw away a heap of players, ditch there good for nothing QB(I'm so glad he didn't come to Cinci when all those trade rumors were swirling...) and try to start again. I have to laugh.