First round pick?

Chucktkd

Now that Thomas Davis ran a 4.7 in the combine is Marv still afixed on him? Or are they going to go for Shazor out of Michigan? If not Davis then who in the first round? I can't see them drafting MIller and have another first round pick with a sports hernia. I don't see us drafting a LB this early either....So what about a DE?

My only guess is that it will involve a trade of some kind. I don't see anyone separating themselves at 17, and unless someone falls to them that they like, I look for us to trade down and pick up extra picks.

Don't look for it...count on it!

Trade down, DE in 1, SS in 2, C in 3. DT and WR both 2nd day.

If not a DE, then I would like to see Shaun Cody or Thomas Davis in 1.

If we don't see value at number 17, why would other teams want

to give up draft picks to move into that slot? The only

way I see this happening is a draft-day move. If someone does

start to make a slide the Bengals could get an offer while they

are on the clock.

I loved last year's move. Drop down a few slots and pick up another

selection in the 4th or 5th. That gives you the luxury to grab

guys who may be special teams stars, but don't have a real

chance to contribute as a regular starter on offense or defense.

Now that Thomas Davis ran a 4.7 in the combine is Marv still afixed on him? Or are they going to go for Shazor out of Michigan? If not Davis then who in the first round? I can't see them drafting MIller and have another first round pick with a sports hernia. I don't see us drafting a LB this early either....So what about a DE?

4.7 is not very good for a safety. I was reading Kiper's chat on ESPN and he said Travis Johnson ran a 4.7. Can you believe that, a DT running a 4.7? I think he would be somebody that can collapse the pocket and consistently make plays in the other team's backfield. Kiper pretty much said Johnson or Merriman at 17 and both would be a steal at that point. If we took Merriman he would play DE for us since he is 270 pounds.

Now that Thomas Davis ran a 4.7 in the combine is Marv still afixed on him?  Or are they going to go for Shazor out of Michigan?  If not Davis then who in the first round?  I can't see them drafting MIller and have another first round pick with a sports hernia.  I don't see us drafting a LB this early either....So what about a DE?

4.7 is not very good for a safety. I was reading Kiper's chat on ESPN and he said Travis Johnson ran a 4.7. Can you believe that, a DT running a 4.7? I think he would be somebody that can collapse the pocket and consistently make plays in the other team's backfield. Kiper pretty much said Johnson or Merriman at 17 and both would be a steal at that point. If we took Merriman he would play DE for us since he is 270 pounds.

I definitely wouldn't mind taking another Terp.