Probation for fans in Pacers-Pistons brawl!?!

BengalszoneBilly

Well I've seen it all now! I nail one a**hole with a single punch in a bar, and it's assault. These guys induce pure bedlam at a NBA game, and it's probation. I just don't get it. :wacko: At least I didn't get 75 hours of "Community Service!" And the "Felony Assault" for throwing a chair!?! Where were these charges when Geraldo Reviera's face got "customized?" :lol:

Probation handed down for three fans in Pacers-Pistons brawl. March 16, 2005

SportsLine.com wire reports

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. -- Three men were sentenced to probation and community service Wednesday for their part in a brawl between the Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons.

Alvin Shackelford Jr. and Charlie Haddad had pleaded no contest to violating a local ordinance against entering a performance space. Jeremy Handley pleaded guilty to violating a local ordinance against throwing objects at a sporting event.

District Judge Lisa Asadoorian sentenced Shackelford to a year of probation and 150 hours of community service. Shackelford was hit by Pacers forward Ron Artest after approaching the player on the court during the melee at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

Haddad, who authorities say was punched by two Indiana players, received a sentence of two years of probation and 100 hours of community service, plus an additional 10 weekends of community service.

Handley was sentenced to a year of probation and 75 hours of community service. The 31-year-old resident of Macomb County's Chesterfield Township, in January turned himself in after seeing his face on television as someone for whom police were looking. Asadoorian said Handley threw an empty cup during the brawl.

Four other fans and five Indiana players are charged with assault and battery in the fight. Another fan, Bryant Jackson, has been ordered to stand trial on a charge of felony assault for throwing a chair.