Potential First Round Upsets...

BengalNation1281

My most likely is UNI over Wisconsin in the 6-11 game in the Syracuse regional, since I tend to pick any MVC team no matter who they are playing and UNI can shoot the lights out.

Even though the Wichita State Shockers got shafted out of the tournament and UNI got to go despite having an almost identical record (21-10 for UNI, 20-9 for WSU), finishing behind WSU in the MVC standings (UNI 3rd, WSU 2nd), and getting knocked out of the MVC Tournament in the same round as the Shockers (lost to SMS in the Semifinals, WSU lost to NCAA tournament team Creighton in semifinals). Sorry, I'm still bitter about that.

So what do you guys think?

For some reason, I have picked 3 of the 4 11-seeds to win their games! 11 UTEP over 6 Utah. 11 UAB over 6 LSU. 11 NIU over 6 Wisc. In the other 6-11 game, I have 6 Texas Tech not only winning, but then beating 3 Gonzaga to make it into the Sweet 16.

Good thing that this bracket is just for fun and there's nothing but bragging rights riding on it.

For some reason, I have picked 3 of the 4 11-seeds to win their games! 11 UTEP over 6 Utah. 11 UAB over 6 LSU. 11 NIU over 6 Wisc. In the other 6-11 game, I have 6 Texas Tech not only winning, but then beating 3 Gonzaga to make it into the Sweet 16.

Good thing that this bracket is just for fun and there's nothing but bragging rights riding on it.

LSU losing to UAB!?! No way, Jose!

Remember Billy, it was UAB that knocked out your wildcats last year and they returned a lot of their players. I don't think I picked them, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if they won. C-USA ia a little better than they get credit for.

That's the very reason why I picked them. C-USA is stronger than what people realize and UAB has just about the same guys as last year. Also, I had the winner of this game being defeated by Arizona anyway, so I could go out on a limb with a pick like this and not suffer too much...

C-USA is stronger than what people realize and UAB has just about the same guys as last year. Also, I had the winner of this game being defeated by Arizona anyway, so I could go out on a limb with a pick like this and not suffer too much...

Well, through the first 16 games, I got 14 right which includes this UAB over LSU pick. Not bad. Only wrong predictions so far were that I had Bama deating UWM and I had UTEP upsetting Utah. Now for day 2. :-)

For today, I have 9 Mississippi St upsetting 8 Standford. You really can't call a 9 beating an 8 an upset, but according to the seeding, it is. I also have 9 Iowa St. over 8 Minnesota, 10 NC State over 7 Charlotte, 11 NIU over 6 Wisconsin. And then there's the really big limb I went out on .... 12 New Mexico over 5 Villanova. We saw a 12 beat a 5 yesterday, so maybe it will happen again.

QUOTE (AGrizzlyBaer @ Mar 19 2005, 07:58 AM)

how bout kansas going down. thats pretty crazy 

To freakin' Bucknell no less!  They were due I suppose!

That's what makes it so fun!!!!!!!

I got the Vermont victory . . . but lost on the Alabama upset. I had the tide back in the elite 8 . . As someone said in another post, I'm glad these brackets are just for fun and not for the mortgage!! B)

As someone said in another post, I'm glad these brackets are just for fun and not for the mortgage!!  B)

No s**t. If it were, we'd all be living in a van, down by the river! :lol:

cfarley1a.giffarley.gif

(My apologies to the late Chris Farley.)