KC Royals Home Opener

Oh, wait...I am!!!!! :player: :player: :player:

I know, it's not Reds baseball, but I'm really excited. This will make it three years in a row that I've gone to the home opener. It's unfortunate that we don't get to play the White Sox this time, since we have become fairly adept at dropping them like b**ches on Opening Day, but we'll end up doing the same thing to the Mariners.

I just wanted to share my joy. I now await the obligatory Royals jokes and smack that come with a thread like this.

Young...very, very young. We kept some of the vets from last year, but basically decided to start over in most areas...everything appears to be solid, and our pitching should be better, with Runelvys Hernandez being healthy and "The Franchise" Zach Greinke being one of the best young pitchers in baseball.

The AL Central is always unpredictable, so I am keeping my hopes up that the Royals can at least make a decent run at it. I see something along the lines of 75-87 or 74-88 this year, but some of my friends think that they can make it to 80 wins or even .500, so I am hoping that they are right.

It doesn't mattter...I'll still be rooting like a jackass if they go 0-162...I'm just ready for baseball to start and take away this agonizing time of the year.

The Twins and the Royals. Two good teams. In fact I watched the Royals during spring training out here in the Cactus League last season. They won that game against their ballpark-mates (the Rangers) in Surprise Arizona, where they've built a really beautiful new training facility.

My only regret is I just wish they played BASEBALL in the American League. That whole "designated hitter" gimmick reeks of the sandlot stuff we did as kids. Does anyone remember sandlot football, and the one kid who wanted to be throw for both teams by being "steady quarterback?" Same thing to me. Such a shame. :(

Blasphemer! I will not hear of this talk about the lack of "baseball" in the American League! :D

I personally like teams in the AL having a DH, but I've also grown up focusing on AL baseball and prefer the style of play to that of the NL. I think alot of it depends on who you grew up rooting for and the league that you pay more attention to...I like the NL, but I don't focus on any particular team in the NL, and I've grown up on the Royals. It's all a matter of perspective, I think.

Oh, and the NL has the Atlanta Braves and Barry Bonds, so that always pushes me further into my AL cave. But with Randa being a Red now, and since I don't really have a favorite NL team, I might have to start focusing on the Reds.

And I was always the "steady QB" in sandlot football, mostly due to my inability to catch the ball or run fast...maybe that's why I like the DH :huh:

I think alot of it depends on who you grew up rooting for and the league that you pay more attention to.

I would agree with that 100%.

Oh, and the NL has the Atlanta Braves and Barry Bonds, so that always pushes me further into my AL cave.

In defense of the NL, we can't help it that Ted Turner is so pompus that he calls his organization "America's Team", and forces their games down everyone else's throats on his "Pooper-Station!"

As far as Barry Bonds, I assume you're alluding to the Balco investigation, and I in no way defend him. He's guilty as hell IMO. But don't be nieve to think the whole steroids fad by passed every single player in the American League!

I'll admit, I think the DH rule should be removed. Personally, I think it's a little unfair when doing the AL-NL argument. You have the AL, with some guy that plays 162 games a year and is paid to just hit the ball. While most NL teams would use that roster spot for pitching or depth at other positions, it gives the AL a distinct advantage in most circumstances

Therefore you have increased payroll, more thunder in the AL bats than the NL when teams meet, etc...

I guess I'll always be an NL dog, because I think they play the game like it's meant to be played. Plus you don't have Boston or New York Yankees in it either...

I actually just meant that Barry Bonds is a despicable human being, and I hate him. Oh, and he took steroids.

I know that there are players in the AL who took steroids, and I find it to be a disgrace and wouldn't waste my time trying to defend them. I hope that all of those players who cheated will get what they deserve from both MLB and the fans...it is a slap in the face to those of us who believe in them.

And yes, the AL has the Red Sox and the Yankees, so I can see how it goes both ways. And I think that the AL-NL argument is one that no one can truly win, and I like it that way...I appreciate the diversity in the style of play.

I know that there are players in the AL who took steroids, and I find it to be a disgrace and wouldn't waste my time trying to defend them. I hope that all of those players who cheated will get what they deserve from both MLB and the fans...it is a slap in the face to those of us who believe in them.

Ayyyyeee.