Trotter visits/Trotter in Town

Sox

Well, that was quick. Everyone can go back to sleep now...

Middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter decided to return to the Eagles Friday, but not before he visited the Bengals, according to ESPN.com. Trotter arrived in Cincinnati Friday after visiting the Chiefs, but decided to listen to his heart and re-join the team he helped lead to the Super Bowl this past season. ESPN.com reported that Trotter turned down more money from at least one team to take a five-year contract worth $15 million that included a signing bonus of $4 million. . .

^^^ Webster is a subpar player. He imo was never starter material, i think the coaches finally realized that. Hes a backup/special teamer.

As for trotter...

Trotter was actually visiting with Cincinnati Bengals officials on Friday when he made up his mind to accept the Philadelphia offer. The Atlanta Falcons and Seattle Seahawks also showed interest. The Falcons' staff became enamored of Trotter when it coached him in the Pro Bowl game, but Atlanta never made a contract proposal.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Jeez i didnt know it could be this bad on other teams, i better stay with philly while they still want me."

Give the interest in Trotter, should we be concerned about webster's health?

My thoughts exactly.

Webster is a subpar player. He imo was never starter material, i think the coaches finally realized that. Hes a backup/special teamer.

Perhaps. But he hasn't played a full schedule yet. I'd rather wait and see what he can do before I put judgement like "subpar" player on there. When he did sub for Quarles, he was a stud -- however, a good counter argument to that is he was in a great system with great players.

Give the interest in Trotter, should we be concerned about webster's health?

Yes. That's the issue (not his talent, despite DPM's babblings). ACL injuries were once bye-bye career injuries, for the most part, tho his agent told bengals.com his rehab was progressing.

Even if he does return at 100%, tho, we're still pretty thin at LB. Simmons is fine, Landon Johnson looks promising, but Webster is an injury question mark, Hardy is running down quickly, Caleb Miller didn't impress (at least not me) and Khalid Abdullah is a great special teamer but who knows if he can play on D?