CRUNCH TIME

KYBENGALFAN

they need to get the early lead and build on it today against the 49ers, so maybe Carson Palmer might get a few snaps later on. He really needs to see some action -- what would happen if Kitna got injured and then had to rely on Shane Matthews.. Ugh. I was in Chicago when Shane Matthews was a backup and it wasn't pretty. Well, if the Bengals lose today, it's time to turn over the reigns to Carson Palmer, if not against St. Louis, then in the final week against the Browns. I've got my tickets for the Browns-Bengals, and sent in my deposit for playoff tickets should the Who Dey Crew turn things around and win the division, thus hosting a first-round game. Today's game is do-or-die and put-up or shut=up for Marvin Lewis and his Bengals... GO BENGALS.. WHO DEY !!!

Cadiz, KY :rolleyes:

I'm not worried about Palmer getting snaps right now. Pennington got 25 snaps his first TWO seasons. As long as he gets his snaps in practice, he'll be ready. I'm really worried about the team feeling pressured from the fan base and media to put in Palmer. I know that he's the future, but lets look at right now and deal with what's left in the season.

There are reasons why Palmer is the #3 QB right now. We should trust Lewis in knowing what he's doing with Palmer.

Anyway, I'd be more worried if we put Palmer in during a losing effort and throws 2 INTS and gets sacked 3 times. That hurts the psyche.

I think it's VERY important to fully, and without question, have faith in Marvins decisions on the Q.B.'s situation. I think in the past with all our highly drafted Q.B.'s, they got pushed into action too soon. What happened? They had what could be termed a "No Confidence" builder. Next game...same ugly thing. When you string negative experience after negative experience, who can function at their full potential!?! :blink: