Reggie Myles

jjakq27

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/new...al/10998579.htm

Posted on Sat, Feb. 26, 2005

Bengals' Myles hopes basketball event is slam dunk

Benefit pits NFL players against Pascagoula firefighters

By MARGARET BAKER

THE SUN HERALD

PASCAGOULA - Cincinnati Bengals defensive back Reggie Myles is bringing some of his NFL colleagues to his hometown March 5 to take on the Pascagoula Fire Department in a benefit basketball game.

"Everyone on the Coast has been so nice to me over the years," Myles said Thursday. "I wanted to give something back, and I decided I wanted to provide scholarships to students for college. I think it's going to be a success."

The game begins at 1 p.m. at the Pascagoula High gym and will feature Myles along with other players from the Bengals, Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts, Washington Redskins and Tennessee Titans.

Tickets are $2 and will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.

"It'll be a lot of fun, and we'll give out autographed (NFL) jerseys and stuff for door prizes," Myles said. "It should be a good game, a lot of fun."

Myles is hosting the program as part of his Continued Success Program, a nonprofit organization set up to offer scholarships to South Mississippi students. Myles also sponsors a program in Cincinnati that helps single mothers and their children during the Christmas season.

"Everyone should come out early," Myles said. "Once the gym is filled to capacity, we can't let anyone else in."

Other donations may be sent to the attention of Reggie Myles, Continued Success Program, 3704 Corinth St., Pascagoula, 39581. The checks should be make out to Myles or Continued Success Program.

So our best special teams player also happens to be one hell of a good guy. I'm glad that so many Bengals happen to be such good guys off the field...it makes you even prouder to root for the team when you know that they use their fame to help others.

:player: :player: Reggie Myles :player: :player:

Don't forget Rudi! (not that this is charity related though, but you'd be suprised how many Bengals do community related things, Warrick is another one I've met in person at a charity event)

Card Collector Wins Day With Rudi

Johnson's arrival drove the fans into a fervor. Screams of "Roooo-di!" began as soon as Johnson stepped out of the limo. Beyond autographing jerseys, photographs and posters, the player was asked to sign body parts and hold babies.

"It's a great chance to, you know, interact with the fans and see them face-to-face," Johnson said. "They show me a lot of support. You can't ask for anything more than that."

Shula, your sig line kills me every time I read it. :D:D