Another scenario

I am still 100% on the Shazor Train, but what if we went Thomas Davis/Barrett Ruud/Chris Spencer in 1-3? Anybody have any huge objections to that?

I like to see Merriman,Shazor,and Thurman in the first 3 rounds. Luis Castillo and Sione Poula would be good pickups in the later rounds. I also would love to see Robey wr in a Bengals uniform. He runs a 4.32 forty. That would stetch the field and let Warrick loose in the middle. Dan Brown c also would be a good pickup on day2. Do you guys think we should pickup a kicker for kickoffs. Graham is automatic on fg,but it sure would be nice to pinn the other teams back on kickoffs. REDSFAN2510

I like all three.

Davis is a big time hitter.

Ruud makes tackles all over the field.

I don't know much about Spencer -- but he is a Center and we must get a good center is this draft.

Only position not being helped early by this draft would be the D-Line -- we need a DT and a DE.

all these players i would aprove

rd1. Shawne Merriman OLB Maryland, Heath Miller TE Virginia, Channing Crowder MLB Florida, Roddy White WR BYU, Justin Tuck DE Notre Dame

rd2. Ernest Shazor SS Michigan, Josh Bullocks SS Nebraska, Donte Nicholson SS Oklahoma, Odell Thurman MLB Georgia

rd3. Kevin Everett TE Miami, Ronald Fields DT Mississippi St., Fred Gibson WR Georgia, Chris Spencer C Ole Miss

rd4. Jason Jefferson DT Wisconsin, Darren Sproles RB Kansas St., Jason Brown C North Carolina, Kirk Morrison MLB San Diego State

Draft stocks being what they are right now, you guys are kidding yourselves with some of these scenarios. Chris Spencer should be off the board in the 2nd Round, same with Odell Thurman. It's very unlikely that Luis Castillo will be available on Day 2. And why would we draft Munoz? Levi's still plenty young and Stacy Andrews still has great upside. Also, Thomas Davis will be a good player, but it'll be at LB, not at safety. I personally like to see S/TE/C/DT, but I could live with any combination of WR/DE/S/TE/DT/C, maybe even a cornerback.

My Bengals dream draft for 2005

Round 1

--------------

DL Sean Cody, DE Shawne Merriman (now bulked up to 275) , TE Heath Miller, and SS Thomas Davis all remain available when pick 17 comes up. Bengals trade down 3-4 spots, picking up a late 3 or an early 4 in the process, and still get one of these 4, preferred in the order stated.

Round 2

--------------

DT Luis Castillo of Northwestern. Very underrated player, check out his profile, this is a top character guy, a leader.

Round 3

--------------

C Chris Spencer or C Ben Wilkerson, preferring Spencer but still happy with Wilkerson. Neither will most likely have to play early this year, so Spencer's relative inexperience and Wilkerson's health will not be big issues.

Pick from trade-down

--------------

Best available TE, DL, SS or LB, with emphasis on speed, character, and production.

Round 4

--------------

DT Jonathan Babineaux or DT Sione Pouha, or WR Terrance Murphy if we've already picked up a 2-3 DL's at this point.

Rounds 5 through 7

--------------

high character athletes, experience is of less concern. Need to be guys who can play special teams now. Would be nice to pick up a OL who is a long-snapper at this point as our long snapper (Brad St Louis) is getting long in the tooth. Also, can we consider gettign a guywho can put kickoffs in the end zone? bengals special teams were otherwise suprisingly good this past year (Thankee Mr Wilkins and Mr Myles)

I don't know why this combination of players came to me, but if we don't take Shazor for our need at SS I want to see Davis in the 1st. I saw Ruud play a couple of times this year, and he was one of two guys who was giving his all for an awful defense (Bullocks being the other). I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bengals uniform. Spencer is a C, and he's good, and what more do you want?

I still want Pollack/Shazor/Spencer, though.