Why Cincy Will Beat SF

Kirkendall

A snidbit from a little research for my ITS article today...

The benefit Cincinnati has in this game, is San Francisco’s horrible road performance (0-6) compared to Cincinnati’s home field advantage (4-2).

Terrell Owens hasn’t received more than 55 yards in any away game, Cincinnati has allowed only one rushing touchdown in four consecutive home games by the feature back (2 total - second by a non feature back), ‘Niners have given up nine touchdowns to wide receivers and an average of 150 ground yards, all in away games. Need I say more?

Yes? San Francisco is 0-2 visiting AFC North teams, are outscored by two touchdowns while away, and injuries to key 49er players have plagued them all season. Also, this could be an overlook issue; the 49er’s still have to travel to Philadelphia and play one more home game to Seattle. Both key games for their playoff hopes.

These are just facts...

Good points Kirk, I must admit that a few things have me worried though. The first is Rehberg, he really needs to step up on the left side and protect Kitnas blindspot. If we give Jon time, we can shred this secondary. Also, Garcia to Owens worries me, I know theyve been horribly inconsistent this year on the road, but "Toast" Hawkins still makes me shake with fear. We must contain Owens and Barlow, and cannot let Garcia run out of the pocket. If we can do all this and have a turnover or two, we will roll.

Bengals 31

Niners 20

The first is Rehberg, he really needs to step up on the left side and protect Kitnas blindspot.

I really expect to see Willie Anderson over there if Jones is considered out, I haven't gotten my morning Bengals fix yet, so I'm not sure of his condition. I bet he's probably Doubtful-Questionable. But either Rehberg, Scott Kooistra or Alex Sulfsted could take up duties, but I expect Rehberg to start above those at RIGHT tackle.

I'm going to give Rehberg the benefit of the doubt. He did come in midway through the game, so you're awfully cold and tight when you enter a football game while the whole defense is playing at a high level. He did have to face probable Defensive Rookie of the Year in Suggs, oh and by the way watch Boulware to come on the outside. That's a lot to ask someone whose probably ill prepared for that D, best D we'll see the rest of the way. Rehberg should be ok, he's on the team on 2nd on the chart for a reason, he just became the fall guy even though Levi was having a bad game also.

Garcia run out of the pocket

Yea we have to put major pressure on Garcia and force him to make plays, not doing it that well this season. If you let Garcia run around and make plays, they could score 40 points against our defense. Hopefully not!

Bengals 27

SF 24

We score early and quickly in the first half and play typical Bengals defense towards the end.

A snidbit from a little research for my ITS article today...

The benefit Cincinnati has in this game, is San Francisco’s horrible road performance (0-6) compared to Cincinnati’s home field advantage (4-2).

Terrell Owens hasn’t received more than 55 yards in any away game, Cincinnati has allowed only one rushing touchdown in four consecutive home games by the feature back (2 total - second by a non feature back), ‘Niners have given up nine touchdowns to wide receivers and an average of 150 ground yards, all in away games. Need I say more?

Yes? San Francisco is 0-2 visiting AFC North teams, are outscored by two touchdowns while away, and injuries to key 49er players have plagued them all season. Also, this could be an overlook issue; the 49er’s still have to travel to Philadelphia and play one more home game to Seattle. Both key games for their playoff hopes.

These are just facts...

A problem the 49 r's have had this year that is unusual for them is inconsistency. Even in games they've won, they can't seem to get everything going in the same direction at the same time.

The one thing they have done with consistency is play bad on the road. The fact that Garcia is back should be offset by Justin Smith. If he can catch Jamal Lewis and Doug Flutie in the backfield, he should be able to deal with Garcia. Owens can't be a threat if Garcia is busy playing hide n seek with Smith and Clemmons. I'd be more worried about the running game if they had Hearst ..... but they don't.

Offensive line needs to give Kitna time this week. If the 49 er's do go blitz crazy, then Bengals have to make them pay with the running game. I'm also not crazy about the idea of using Rudi and CD. Get one of them going and leave it at that.

Think the Bengals are ready to start a new streak.

Bengals 27 ............. 9er's 17.

I swear I had a dream last night that I was advising Rehberg on stopping the Niner pass rush, he promised me that with a full week of practice he felt better prepared to do so.

I think im into this a little to much,..... B)

I don't get to dream very much. :huh:

I spend a lot of my nights staying awake worrying about you and halp <_<

Redsfan:

Excellent, Im glad to see Im not the only one who dreams about the NFL...

I swear I had a dream a few weeks back where Kelly Gregg our DT was playing for the Jetskins!!!!

EGADS!!!!!!! you can imagine my dismay when I woke up since I hate the Jetskins more than any other NFL franchise.

Still have no idea why I dreamt it though..... :huh:

I swear I had a dream last night that I was advising Rehberg on stopping the Niner pass rush, he promised me that with a full week of practice he felt better prepared to do so. 

I think im into this a little to much,..... B)

I don't get to dream very much. :huh:

I spend a lot of my nights staying awake worrying about you and halp <_<

lol :D

btw, your sig is wrong...

What a bunch of weirdos hang out at this sight? :)

The bengals will win Sunday because they are going to score more points than the miners.

I say this because

:angry: the bengals have the best new head coach in football,

:) the game's at home and

B) the miner's aren't as hungry as the bengals.

If the W doesn't pan out then we can start wishing like lambert58 and every other steeler fan for everyone else to lose. Otherwise, we can start thinking about the draft with Browies. :(

I saw a Brownie fan the other day and she says that "they suck!" It's a bad year when your ardent supporters turn on you.

I saw a Brownie fan the other day and she says that "they suck!" It's a bad year when your ardent supporters turn on you.

Life is good B)

I will say that even last year I didn't think the Bengals sucked...I just wondered how the hell they could find so many different ways to lose...Last year, to me really showed that Dick couldn't coach....I mean Mike Brown told him before the season started that he had to win this year....So what happens? 2-12....What a joke, I know MB did lot's of things wrong....But damn...Mike doesn't game plan, Mike doesn't motivate players, I really believe that if Dick had of asked for a lot of the things that Marvin did, he would have gotten them....but he was just too happy to be a coach I think....

And yes, the Bengals do have the best new coach in the NFL, and probably in the top 5 coachs in the league right now.

I think Mike Brown's ultimate fault was relying on people that shouldn't be in the position they took (i.e. Head Coaches) and there was too much hiring within, but we all know the story so I'm going to stop there.

I will say that even last year I didn't think the Bengals sucked

Believe it or not, the Bengals could have just as easily been 7-9. The two wins and five games lost within a touchdown (one required a 2 point conversion). You hit the nail on the head with the teams inability to find ways to win last season.

Bengals do have the best new coach in the NFL

Without a doubt, he should win Coach of the Year award based on sentimental purposes. You know the rest of the league is happy the Bengals are doing well because that adds revenue for sharing among the entire league.

probably in the top 5 coaches in the league right now

Damned right! No one gets more out of what's available to him than Marvin as a coach. Now as a head coach, and I'm going to get flack for this, he's still unproven. Inasmuch I love the guy and the great things he's doing in our community, a typical timeline for evaluating a head coach is around 3 seasons. That way he'll get the players that he knows fits in his system.

I'm not questioning his desire, motivation, bright light as you will; I'm just curious to see the aspects of head coaching off the field and how he deals with that. For instance, how will he do now he knows what he needs, as before he filled up the roster with quality and sorted from there. Will he go after the big free agents? Will he build the team from drafts (MY PICK)? Things like these. After all it, this is Spurrier's third season and he's all but out the door (GOING TO UC). :ph34r:

OK lets review so you guys don't jump on my back. Marvin is the best coach in the league in terms of getting results. Marvin hasn't head coached enough games to determine him a great "HEAD" coach.

I'm not off the bandwagon or nothing, these are intreging thoughts. He will be a great head coach though in my estimation. I just hope it's while he's the top Bengal.

Then again, I just might be protecting myself from 12 FREAKIN' YEARS OF MISERY! <_<

... Inasmuch I love the guy and the great things he's doing in our community, a typical timeline for evaluating a head coach is around 3 seasons. That way he'll get the players that he knows fits in his system.

I'm not questioning his desire, motivation, bright light as you will; I'm just curious to see the aspects of head coaching off the field and how he deals with that. For instance, how will he do now he knows what he needs, as before he filled up the roster with quality and sorted from there. Will he go after the big free agents? Will he build the team from drafts (MY PICK)? Things like these. After all it, this is Spurrier's third season and he's all but out the door (GOING TO UC). :ph34r:

I agree Kirk. Time will be the test to see how great a coach coach Lewis is. But right now he looks to have a bright future as a Pro coach.

I never thought I'd say this but :huh:

we should be thankful for Mikey's tight fisted financial policies or we could have a steve spurrier as coach, be way over the cap and still not win enough to make the playoffs. The skins are worse off now than when screamin' spurrier took over.

I predict steve spurrier will be coaching Nebraska next fall (or maybe Notre Dame, but Tyrone should have another year there). His style is all wrong for a professional team. Just like Rick Pitino flopped in Boston!

Mikey's tight fisted financial policies

WOW! But you know what? I can't counter that, I kind of agree.. man that felt wierd :P

I predict steve spurrier will be coaching Nebraska next fall (or maybe Notre Dame, but Tyrone should have another year there). 

"Ol' Ball Coach" - I think Spurrier is a good nfl coach, just not a head coach. If he gets the players that work well in his system as an offensive coordinator, then Steve's misfortunes probably would change. But while he's calling plays and working as the head coach, well that never works well in the NFL. He needs to just be an offesnive coordinator, then we can see how his system works. Going to Nebraska? Well I never really thought of that and I guess it could happen, I really don't know. Maybe Kentucky.

Tyrone - I think Tyrone would be a better fit for an NFL team. His demeaner, the way he structures his offense and defense, he could do well in the NFL. But I thnk ND should wait to see what Brady Quinn does in the next few years. He's going to be a great quarterback.

Kirkendall said:

"Damned right! No one gets more out of what's available to him than Marvin as a coach. Now as a head coach, and I'm going to get flack for this, he's still unproven. Inasmuch I love the guy and the great things he's doing in our community, a typical timeline for evaluating a head coach is around 3 seasons. That way he'll get the players that he knows fits in his system."

Well here's some flack, you knew it was coming...There is really something to be said for a new leader to come in and turn around a team. Any team in any sport! And ESPECIALLY a team as bad as the Bengals were!! I believe this years "Coach of the Year" honors will be just the first of many such titles of recognition Marvin Lewis will be awarded in his time at the Helm of the Bengals!

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE!!!