What do you guyu's think about? Ben Wilkerson

glnwf

We are in need of a Center.

The #1 rated Center in the draft is Ben Wilkerson 6-4, 295 5.45 LSU very athletic center, probably the most athletic at that position in years. He's had past knee injuries that have healed fully, but should weaken his draft stock.

I think he would make a great additon to our O Line that needed some depth last year due to injuries. Braham is getting old and we need to keep Palmer healthy and looking downfield. So starting with a good anchor is a must.

I there in the third round I think he would be a great add :player:

well we all know the benglas are drafting C, WR, DL in the 1st 3 rounds we just don't know the order( unless a play of great ability slides to us.)....anyways he'd be a great 3rd round pick, i'm hoping we draft shazor then though.

Shazor is a 3rd rounder just like madiue could of been.

Chris Spencer is the best center in the draft.. Wilkerson has had knee surgeries allready and has back problems as well...Brown is said to be dumb as a box of rocks by NC alumni, Baas isnt athletic at all best suited to play guard in the NFL..

Spencer has all the attibutes the others lack.. Hopefully we can draft him...

Chris Spencer is the best center in the draft.. Wilkerson has had knee surgeries allready and has back problems as well...Brown is said to be dumb as a box of rocks by NC alumni, Baas isnt athletic at all best suited to play guard in the NFL..

Spencer has all the attibutes the others lack.. Hopefully we can draft him...

Unfortunately for the reasons you stated I don't see Spencer dropping far enough down for us to get him, but Wilkerson should be avauilable. Let's hope that his apserations to play in the NFL will help him overcome his past physical dificulties. He's definitely smart enough to make our offensive line calls as Braham has done.

that's my 2 cents :player: But I see we all agree that we need a Center,especially if we want to keep Palmer healthy, & have rushing production :player: form any back.

post-2-1108660380.gif

The key for Ben Wilkerson to move himself back into 2nd round consideration has to be his workouts at the Combine.

I think if the Draft were today, Spencer would go in the 2nd round. Then Wilkerson probably late 3rd to early day 2, with Brown,Carter,etc.etc. going in the respective rounds.

* Competition for these players will most likely come from the two teams that have the same hole in the middle of their offensive lines like the Bengals. Tampa Bay and Buffalo. Atlanta needs line help, but I think it's mostly because of their Tackles lacking starting athletic ablity as to why Mike Vick gets sacked so much.

Ben Wilkerson is probably the more established player over Spencer. Wilkerson was a top recruit, started early in LSU, and could have been a high draft choice last year as well. His injury however was a Patella tendon tear. Can you say Red Flag ?? He's had back injuries, which is why Spencer has moved ahead of him.

When all is said and done, Spencer may be the most athletically gifted C in the draft, he's just lacking the know-how. A year behind Braham and we should be set for quite some time .