Break-Out the Jersey! The Return of AKILI!!!

walzav29

Buy em up while their still available. Akili Frankurt Galaxy jersey's!!! I still can't believe that we passed on the Saints entire draft for this piece of work. I think everyone in the top 10 was high that year. Cade, Couch, Smith, and Ricky! I'll give McNabb a pass, but what a goofy ass draft.

What a f'n joke. Can I go? I don't think I can do much worse.

Click in the link to see a live action shot of Akili. Then guess which of the following things happen next. A Fumble, a Sack or an Interception. Any of the three are followed by a look of pure bewilderment as he leaves the field.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?ID=114937&hubName=nfl

Akili Smith among 265 headed to NFL Europe

Sports Ticker

2/14/2005

CHELSEA, London (Ticker) - Quarterback Akili Smith does not have an NFL team, but he is headed to NFL Europe.

The third overall pick in the 1999 draft, Smith has been assigned to the Frankfurt Galaxy for the 2005 season.

NFL backup quarterbacks Dave Ragone of the Houston Texans and Kurt Kittner of the Chicago Bears and running back Jarrett Payton, the son of the late Walter Payton, were among the 265 players allocated to NFL Europe on Monday.

"This is a fantastic show of support for our league by the NFL teams and it demonstrates the value of NFL Europe to the NFL," NFL Europe director of operations Mike Chan said.

Smith started 17 games in four seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, but completed less than 47 percent of his passes (215-of-461) for 2,212 yards and just five touchdowns with 13 interceptions.

In June 2003, Smith signed with the Green Bay Packers, but was cut during training camp and did not play at all in 2004. Now Smith will be the highest NFL draft pick ever to play in NFL Europe.

Ragone, who started two games for the Texans in 2003, was allocated to the World Bowl champion Berlin Thunder. Kittner will play for the Amsterdam Admirals after starting four games for the Atlanta Falcons in 2003.

Payton was allocated by the Tennessee Titans and will play for Amsterdam.

Buy em up while their still available. Akili Frankurt Galaxy jersey's!!! I still can't believe that we passed on the Saints entire draft for this piece of work. I think everyone in the top 10 was high that year. Cade, Couch, Smith, and Ricky! I'll give McNabb a pass, but what a goofy ass draft.

THE CHAMP!(bailey) also went top 10 along with Torry Holt, we just went after WR 1 year too late.

Imagine us having Holt instead of Warrick.

I know the circumstances are a lot different but for all of the people said Palmer was another Akili, look at this.

"Smith started 17 games in four seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, but completed less than 47 percent of his passes (215-of-461) for 2,212 yards and just five touchdowns with 13 interceptions."

Palmer's numbers were a 61% completion percentage (263 of 432) for 2,897 yds with 18 TDs and 18 INTs for 2004. Akili was able to amass his staggering numbers in four seasons. :lol:

From Bengals.com. Looks like Bramlet is going too. That's a good move. That might give them some flexibility with Kitna after this season or even this year.

"Notes: Akili returns

2/14/2005 - 8 p.m.

BY GEOFF HOBSON

Former Bengals quarterback Akili Smith, who last threw an NFL pass in 2002, has been assigned to the Frankfurt Galaxy in NFL Europe. Smith, a free agent, and current Bengals No. 3 quarterback Casey Bramlet hope to follow in the footsteps of the 27 quarterbacks that have gone on to start games in the NFL after playing in Europe.

Bramlet, the club’s seventh-rounder last season out of Wyoming, has been allocated to the new team in Hamburg, where he will play for Jack Bicknell, the man who coached Bengals backup quarterback Jon Kitna to the MVP in the World Bowl game for Barcelona in 1997. Bramlet is a teammate of former Heisman Trophy winner Eric Crouch, but the former Nebraska quarterback is going as a defensive back. "