Larkin Retires

middy19

He should have went out properlly

Define your idea of "properly!" :blink: To me it looks as though he did the only real option he really had left.

I mean it's not like he waited to the Reds last game of the season, then ran out on the field and started pelting the fans in the stands with his gear ya know! That's just my definition of "improper" though! :lol:

Well, the reds had his farewell tour all planned out, and then he decided not to retire, so the reds said we don't want you back, so he goes on the market, doesn't find anything worth coming back for, then midway through february when no one is thinking about baseball he announces his retirement. I wanted to see him come out of the dugout and tip his hat to a standing ovation for ten minutes! I'm only 24 years old so I really have no real memory of their ever being another reds shortstop. I can still remember like 5-7 years ago when Pokey reese was supposed to replace him!

I agree BB, but Larkin's indecision is his own fault. The team has a plan, and we'll see if it works out or not. But I like the fact that they're not altering their agenda on sympathetic reasons. For this, I commend the Reds.

Love Larkin, he's been my fav throughout the 90's and his MVP season was unforgettable.

I hope he's apart of the organization after his training session in Washington.

hes in. he was an MVP and has a WS ring. He played long enough and well enough throughout his career to get in. Hes definately in, mb not first ballot, but 2nd for sure.

and yes, i agree it was larkin's own fault but how the reds handled it wasnt very respectful for a longtime hero.

I feel that he'll eventually get in the HOF. 12 time allstar(including last year), he hit .295 with 441 doubles, 76 triples, 198 home runs, 960 RBI and 379 stolen bases. He helped the team win the World Series in 1990 and was National League MVP in 1995. And also started at SS for the Reds for 19 years! Definitely HOF material IMO...