A little more playoff hope

kevnz

I've just read that Steve McNair has a broken bone in his left ankle, in addition to his sprain. This could really help the Bengals playoff hopes, the already floundering Titans lose some more games, there maybe two wild card spots within playing distance. Who would have thought that I'd be pulling for TK'Ohmy I'm glad he left' Spikes to win a game, but go bills(and for that matter, the Texans, and Tampa)....Now the Bengals just need to win out.

theres a good chance pitt can beat the ravens -- the game will be at pitt and they have never lost to the ravens at home -NEVER so that will play in the ravens head all day long and if they loose and we keep winning the NORTH is ours !!!!

This week is a very critical week for us. This is a must win! If we can't beat the struggling 9ers playoff hopes are slim to none.

baltimore has a simple game against oakland and all we can do is pray for a maracle for the raiders to decide to play football this week.

As long as kitna does not throw INT and fumble 3 times we will be fine.

Who-Dey baby!!!! B)

I've just read that Steve McNair has a broken bone in his left ankle, in addition to his sprain. This could really help the Bengals playoff hopes, the already floundering Titans lose some more games, there maybe two wild card spots within playing distance.

Could happen. They have the better conference record (barely) right now, 6-4 vs. 6-5 but they have 2 AFC games left to our 1. So we could even potentially win a tie. Of course, counting on the Bills and Texans to win may be a lost cause, and Tampa, Tenn's final opponent, will likely have given up by week 17. But we'll see.

If the Bengals are to sure up the wild card spot that Tennessee was expected to get, they'd essentially have to win out and Titans would have to lose out. And with the Titans playing Buf, Hou, TB, it's more likely Ten will win at least two of those games.

McNair being hurt is nothing new. Remember how the media made him look like the toughest player of all time last season while consistantly hurt? Either way, Tennessee's D will take over since the remaining games are against teams with a subpar offense.

I think our best bet to make the playoffs is win out. That way we'll either get the AFC North crown or the 2nd Wild Card sport for sure. If we win out, and Balt loses a division game, we win the division. If we don't win out, then our playoff hopes fade big time.

Before I thought the clowns had a chance to upset Balt. That game is always fierce and Cleveland has nothing to lose. But, with so many IRs up there, I don't see that happening now. It's like they put the entire team on the shelf until training camp.

Pitt upsetting Balt. is our best shot from that angle. Pitt fans HATE the Ravens and the team could get up for that one just to prove they haven't quit.

But, that said, we need to take care of business. We need to win out at home, where we've been very good this year. No one is giving us a chance in the dome, but I think we match up okay against St. Louis, assuming we can overcome the noise factor.

McNair being hurt is nothing new. Remember how the media made him look like the toughest player of all time last season while consistantly hurt? Either way, Tennessee's D will take over since the remaining games are against teams with a subpar offense.

Maybe, maybe not. It's Tennessee's offense, not their defense, that's carried them this year. And their opponent this week, Buffalo, has a darn good D. I see that one as a close game, tho with the Titans at home they have to have the edge.

Otherwise this weekend, we could use:

Cincy over San Fran (duh). By all rights, this ought to fall in the "lock of the week" category.

Philly over Miami. Monday night game, Philly in control and looking to lock down the division, Miami looking to choke as usual...yeah, we ought to get this one, too.

Oakland over Baltimore. There's some hope, with Oakland 3-3 at home and Baltimore a miserable 2-4 away, but the Raiders are such a mess that it's hard to see it. Still, one can hope...

Cleveland over Denver. At Denver. Yeah. Right.

Cleveland over Denver. At Denver. Yeah. Right.

Now that I've stopped laughing ......... finally.

If Cleveland did beat Denver, we'd feel the shock wave in Cincinnati from every Cleveland resident all falling down at exactly the same instant. ............. Or in sequence like in the beer commercial.

Small correction on the Ravens-Squeelers issue. We can't seem to beat them AT HOME. For the last few years these teams have won in the others stadium but not at home. I'm not sure what it was last year, but as it was Rebuild Year 1 I'll not worry about it. But the three years before that for sure.

Keep hope alive kiddies, but these Ravens are ready to roll. We will destroy oakland, beat Cleveland, squeak by the Squeelers. I hope you get that winning record but (in the voice of Jim Moira) Playoffs?? Playoffs!!!??

Tennessee will lose in Baltimore in the 1st round.

Patriots upset in the 2nd round.

Then we pay the Chiefs back in the AFC Championship game.

Finally, we roll into the superbowl, Shut down the Rams, and this time, don't turn the ball over 14 times.

Anyone who wants to join the bandwagon is welcome. Plenty of space.

Arizona, I don't really see Baltimore slipping up on the last game either. However anything is possible...ball bounces, bad weather, officials....But I don't see the Ravens going all the way having to travel to some very cold places in the playoffs, the Ravens are not the best road team...But I don't see the Titans holding onto the top wild card spot either....I think maybe the Broncos will move up into that spot, and they would be a bit tougher to play in Baltimore simply because they know how to play in hostile enviroments....But what do I know, I was the one that said I thought the Colts would falter late and now hopefully it's the titans...

cheers

Az. Sorry have to agree with Kevnz on this one. If you guys had gotten home field advantage throughout, I'd like your chances a lot better. Even ceding the division to you, Ravens would still have to win 2 on the road against some pretty good competition. Not impossible, but darned tough.

Thanks for the invite to board the bandwagon. We got our own going here though. Same invite is open to you when you care to join us this year or next. B)

arizona.........space.......the only space seems to be between your ears. yes you kicked our ass. but stats were in your favor as a team playing 3 road games has a 20 % chance of winning their 3rd road game. therefore you're damn lucky the schedule was in your favor or you would have bought the big L. :D