Question on Health Insurance

jditty47

Ok - im about to move to temecula california and im losing my health benefits once i move in 2 weeks. I currently have Aetna insurance and if i take Cobra(which is insurance after u quit) and pay the full amount its like 350.00 a month. f that. so heres my question...what should i do? Like blue cross has a ton of plans but i have no idea what i want. does anyone know anything/alot about this kind of thing? if they do can u help me :unsure:

oh and i need insurance cuz of my back...ive been going to the doctor and i might need to continue to go when i move so ill need to have doctor visits.......

plz help!

Ooh. Tough Question. Especially at a football forum! My brother who's a member here (Wisk) also works in the Insurance biz.

You can't get coverage through your employer, or is that not why you're moving? Without my full coverage through my employer, I doubt that I could afford it.

BTW, I've already got two friends that live in Temecula. Bounce that count to three! :D

I actually just signed up for ins. cause my work stopped providing it. My first piece of advice which sucks to do is shop around. The same co. can give you five or six different plans to look at. i signed up for a pretty good one through Anthem blue cross with a 1000 deductible for about 60 bucks per month. I've got back problems too, but my s**tty doc stopped prescribing me painers cause he says he doesn't want me to become dependent(I swear I'm not an addict) so now I just go to a chiropractor twice a month and even he tells me I'm wasting my time with him and need to get a new doctor. Anyways, call a couple of insurance agents and get them to send you some different quotes with lower and higher deductibles and then pick wha't best for you. I don't go to the doc very often cause I think they are all stupid as hell (medical school my ass) so I got a higher deduc. basically, if you go to the doc alot get a lower deduc with a higher monthly payment. If you don't go to the doc much, get a higher deduc with a lower monthly. If you need any help, just ask

thx guys. when u say u have a 1000 deductable...does that mean the first time u go u have to pay that? or what does that mean....

It means you pay the first $1000 in costs. They would then cover anything after that for that year.

Exactly, usually after you make your deductible they will cover about 80% of the costs after that. That's why if you go to the doc alot you get alower deductible so the insurance co. pays more. I try not to go so I got a higher deductible. Also, make sure to check out what your policy will pay for, like doctor visits, pprescriptions, stuff like that.