M&T Bank Stadium

kingwilly

Well that did not go very well.

I tip my hat to Baltimore and that savage D. It looked like they had almost every read, scheme and formation keyed and then just dominated the LOS. Brutal. I would NOT go on to say this Ravens D is like 2000, there were many other circumstances that year that made them more impressive (such as no offense). This Ravens team, over the last few weeks, has come on very strong. However, the Ravens D of 2000 brutalized EVERY team they played. They scored tons of Defensive points and basically intimidated teams right off the field.

I am not going to bag on Kitna, though. They just got beat. I'm not sure if Joe Montana would have fared any better against that pass rush.

Just saw this on EPSN.com about Chris McCallister, impressive. Maybe Marvin Lewis can lure him to the Bengals. Base on what I've seen this year, he looks better than Champ Bailey or Charles Woodsen.

"Over the past seven games, Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister's primary responsibility every week has been playing the opponents' premier wide receiver. Here is a look at how those wide receivers fared:

WR -- Recs. -- Yds. -- TDs

Rod Smith -- 4 -- 23 -- 0

Jimmy Smith -- 5 -- 72 -- 0

Torry Holt -- 3 -- 38 -- 0

Chris Chambers -- 4 -- 34 --0

Koren Robinson -- 4 -- 64 -- 1

Terrell Owens -- 3 -- 23 -- 0

Chad Johnson -- 2 -- 15 -- 0

Total -- 25 -- 269 -- 1"

Anthony Wright has a very nice touch on his deep passes, but was not a world beater. He was just effective enough, though. The real key, beyond the Baltimore Defense handing out Sh*t sandwiches, was Jamal Lewis and the O-line for Bmore. They chewed the clock, moved the chains and rolled at will. It got real ugly, real fast.

No excuses here, the Bengals got beat, but did anyone hear that up to 12 Bengals players had the flu and had been sick since Friday night?

If the Ravens D plays at this level for the reminder of the year (OAK, CLE, PIT) it will be hard for the Bengals (SF, STL, CLE) to get to the playoffs, save a total detonation by Denver and Miami.

The road game at STL is troubling but the SF and CLE games at home are very winnable.

For BAL, winning in OAK might be tougher than it looks on paper but CLE and PIT are certainly winnable. The Bengals need BAL to lose in the division for there to be any real hope.

KW: Nice post, and C-Mac is a real keeper which is why we franchise tagged him this season. Dont expect Oz to let him walk....

As far as remaining schedule, we haven't beat Pittsburgh in almost 3 years, that has me a tad worried...

Hopefully our defensive buzzsaw continues all the way through January.

Good luck to you guys but I hope we hang onto this North!