Wizard of WhoDey....

BlackJesus

And I thought referring to Marvin as Black Jesus was bad.

Actually I didn't make it up, it has been common knowledge amongst the players, locker room, and Cincinnati media for 2 years now. Also if you read the first paragraph in the last ESPN the magazine with Dillon on the cover you would have read this .....

Perfect Fit

By Tom Friend

Nothing against Black Jesus or Willie, but he loves it here. He eats omelets for breakfast, crab legs for lunch, the AFC for dinner. He doesn't have to be the face of the franchise – Coach and No. 12 handle that – and when he fumbles in the red zone, nobody has a heart attack. So far, what a year. He's lost his Monday Night Football virginity, his inaugural playoff game is next, and if he ends up in the Super Bowl, he may never grow cornrows again.

Back in Cincinnati, where Black Jesus and Willie are trying to resuscitate a franchise, this transformation is all met with bewilderment. They wonder why he wouldn't buy in, why he'd want to bail just when the going was getting good. Black Jesus "That's what they call Marvin Lewis back there," Dillon says – doesn't want to talk about it

That picture with Marvin with a crown of thorns really is disgraceful...

Now onto your thorns comment.....

Christianity doesn't have ownership monopoly over thorns, crowns, or crowns of thorns. Crucifixion was a common form of punishment in Roman times, and they used the crown of thorns on many of their citizens who defied authority ala Jesus.

I know this thread isn't about this ..... but since Joseph (I love the biblical irony) had to pull a Ned Flanders on me.... I had to say something ;)

And I thought referring to Marvin as Black Jesus was bad. That picture with Marvin with a crown of thorns really is disgraceful...

Lots of true fans call Marvin "Black Jesus".... It's has nothing to do with Grace.

Im sure if Jesus was a football fan he'd give his "blessing"...

and yeah lighten up this isnt Sunday school....