Bengal Fans

edreed#20

Hello Fans,

I just got home from the game. Your Johnson boys did not have a good day (not in our house).

Anyway the reason for the post; I have to say that I was more than a little disappointed in the turnout by Bengals fans at the game today. I really expected more from the fans of a team that is battling for first place in the division. We began tailgating at 8:15am and saw no more than a dozen fans all day long.

Your Johnson boys were taught a lesson today. Hopefully Bengals fans will also learn a lesson.

You guys dont come here either. Thats why I wanted Indy or Tenn to be in our division, but Blodell got his way, AGAIN.

YEah, the NFL really screwed up the division realignments...the AFC North should have been Pitt, Clowns, Bengals, and Colts, AFC East should have been NE, Jets, Buff, and Ravens, AFC south should have been Miami, Titans, Jags, and Texans, the west as is....But nooo.....It makes about as much sense as the Cowgirls being in the NFC east.... :blink:

Your Johnson boys did not have a good day (not in our house).

No they didn't, pretty much the whole team looked dumpy, flu or not. We were horrible.

YEah, the NFL really screwed up the division realignments

Completely agree.

I can't decide who's worse! The NFL commitee who arranged this alignment, or the current college BCS commitee who left the #1 team in the nation out of the championship game!?! Wassup with both of these?

Do you really think that the division re-alignment is that bad? For the most part, the division re-aligners just wanted to keep the classic rivalries despite the geography.

the AFC North should have been Pitt, Clowns, Bengals, and Colts

I agree with that except for the Colts. There's no history between the Colts and the other three teams. The Baltimore Browns (version 1) or the Tennessee Oilers would be more logical choices from the rivalry standpoint.

AFC East should have been NE, Jets, Buff, and Ravens

Either the Dolphins or the Colts should take the position of the Ravens. My vote would go to Indy.

AFC south should have been Miami, Titans, Jags, and Texans

The AFC south are just the leftovers. The newer teams: Jax, Houston, Baltimore along with Miami would work.

the west as is.

Agreed.

So, I guess my personal alignment would be...

AFC Northeast: New England, Buffalo, New Jersey, Indianapolis

AFC Mid-America: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Tennessee

AFC Coastline: Baltimore, Jacksonville, Miami, Houston

AFC Everything West of the Mississippi: Kansas City, Denver, Oakland, San Diego

You could argue that Indy and Baltimore are out of place a little, but moving them somewhere else would break up some of the good divisional rivalries. But I'm sure that the re-aligners hashed all this out long ago. I'm just glad that what we have now is such an improvement over what we had before (that's not to say that it can't be improved more).

I can't decide who's worse! The NFL commitee who arranged this alignment, or the current college BCS commitee who left the #1 team in the nation out of the championship game!?! Wassup with both of these?

They're probably the same people.

Oh, San Antonio Bengal. I kinda think they should have thrown out some of those tradtional rivalries...Maybe left a spot on every schedule for them to play. But I really don't think it's fair on the teams. Look at the distance some of those teams have to travel for division games. It makes sense to have them localised. While there is no tradtion with some of them, let's face it, a rivalry can spring up overnight in the same division...Look at the Ravens-Bengals....Playing twice a year creates rivalries.

I guess I have a different attitude regarding travel since I'm down here in Texas. No matter where you go, it's going to be a long trip no matter what. Take Houston for example. The closest NFL team is Dallas which is about 4 or 5 hours away by car. If you stick to the AFC, the closest teams are Oakland/San Diego to the west, Denver to the northwest, Kansas City to the north, Tennessee to the northeast and Jacksonville to the east. It's not like you can just hop in the car and get to any of those destinations quickly. Therefore, the actual geographical arrangment isn't as important as the tradition side of things, just as long as the divisonal opponents are reasonably close.

I do have to admit that in the NFC it does not make any sense for Dallas to be in the east. :D