Dan Patrick 2pm eastern

Willie Anderson should have made him eat that damn hat, then followed it up by asking him, "could a bum make you do this?"

Anderson 4 Life

BN1281

Marvin Lewis called Corey "a good person." I don't know if he is or not. I do know that people are overreacting to his public miscues. People carry on about whether I'm a fan or not and all this nonsense because I appear to be defending Dillon. I'm not so much defending Dillon as I am taking people to task for being what I consider bad fans.

I've been following the Bengals since the first news releases that the team was coming to town, when the only thing anybody knew was that their games would be initially played at Nippert Stadium. That was over 30 years ago. In that 30-plus years, I've grown to the point that I'm not so mindlessly jingoistic that I can't see straight.

Marvin Lewis knows Dillon and had to put up with his crap, and he say's he's a good person. One guy in here met him and thought he was "cool", but now hates his guts because of some stuff that he's only experiencing through the media. I don't know Dillon and neither do most of you. I think it would be sick of me to resort to getting as bent out of shape as some people are.

There are plenty of ardent Bengals fans that don't feel the need to villify and demonize Corey Dillon despite knowing that his behavior wasn't admirable. Those are the people that I consider good fans. I suspect the motives and mentality of those fans that carry this thing beyond a certain point. If that's what you consider a fan, I don't want to be one.

You're right about one thing, I'm free to leave at any time, which is what I will be doing fairly soon.

;) Idle curiosity and nothing more ....... Where will you be headed to ???

Don't know yet. It won't be immediate. My wife is working on her masters. We plan on leaving after she's done. She's from the Chicago area - she doesn't necessarilly want to go back there, but she doesn't want to stay here, and neither do I. Neither of us have any illusions that there's a Shangrila out there, but it's definitely time to organize ourselves to move on, so we've begun the process.

Chicago is one of the coolest towns that you don't hear that much about. I wish they'd get the interstate done thru downtown, but beyond that I like going there.

Not to offend anyone, but the places I would avoid like the plague are L. A. and most any other place in So. Cal. ....... I even hate the way it sounds " so ... cal "

Some of the smaller towns in Northern California are great. Note I said smaller. Sorry I can't recommend New York either.

Carolinas are beautiful .... and still affordable. Atlanta is growing by leaps and bounds .... as is Houston.

South west has always held a fascination for me .... the area around where Billy lives. Haven't made it there yet, but plan to correct that soon.

Lot of great country out there .... where ever you end up, hope you stay in touch with the Zone and keep up on the Bengals. The best is yet to come.

So the "good fans" are the ones who don't take it personally or don't get angered when a player smacks all over their team? If this was anyone other than Corey Dillon, would you feel that way?

Having ill feelings about Corey Dillon does not make any of us jingoistic. Having ill feelings about a guy who has made it his mission to villify our team does not make us mindless idiots. I am glad that you like Corey Dillon and still root for him, but why should we have to do the same to be considered "good" fans? So we can all be as enlightened as you are?

What I find funny is how many posts you have made where you make it clear that you are so far above the rest of us because you like Dillon and we don't...blow it out your @ss. Maybe you would make a better point if you weren't such a one-note, high-and-mighty @sshole. If you don't like the fans, go root for another team. if you don't like the city, move. If you don't like the fans that don't like Dillon, go find a board where all they do is talk about how great he is, like a Pats board. You might find the bitterness that some of us hold for Dillon to be exhausting, but we find your unabashed love for him and bitterness for those that don't feel the same way to be tired and repetitive.

This board is about varied opinions, but it certainly isn't about insulting people's intelligence or allegiance for their team. It is highly unfortunate that you don't feel that way.

BN1281

and one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL right now.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you're really digging now. no way he's a top 3. in no specific order, rbs better than dillon: shaun alexander, edgerrin, ladanian tomlinson, curtis martin, jamal lewis, priest holmes, hell you could make the case that tiki barber is better than him, same with portis.

Huh? The only RB who was better then Dillon this year, was Curtis Martin. We arent talking about the past right now, we are talking about right now, and right now dillon is top 3.

Corey Dillon also had the most yards per game of any RB. Had he not missed the 1 game due to injury he probly would of beat Martin for the rushing title.

he's also on arguably the best team in the league who is usually winning and therefore needs him to grind out the clock.

talent-wise he is not a top 3 back, bottom line. maybe stat-wise...

Does it occur to anyone that he talks about it because people ask him?

Of course. Not only is it a "good story," it is as I noted elsewhere an archetypal one. Writers and readers alike are drawn to it like moths to flames. The problem isn't that the story is being told, it's what story is being told. Increasingly, the spin is becoming that CD's woes in Cincy were 100% the Bengals' fault; Corey was just some poor, trapped saint waiting to be freed. But anyone who followed CD's career with the Bengals knows that simply isn't the case.

Which is why Daughtery's point, as passed along by Hair, that the more the story is about CD, the more likely it becomes that things will turn ugly, is more of a cautionary note than anything else. The media are now turning CD into a saint. If he acts up, they won't hesitate to re-brand him a sinner.

But Marvin Lewis said that Corey Dillon is a "good person" and that if he had come up in any other system but the Bengals' system during the era he'd have turned out differently. I read it in the paper this morning, and Marvin Lewis said it - you know, ol' "B.J."? So I guess it must be so.

You're right about one thing, I'm free to leave at any time, which is what I will be doing fairly soon.

;) Idle curiosity and nothing more ....... Where will you be headed to ???

Don't know yet. It won't be immediate. My wife is working on her masters. We plan on leaving after she's done. She's from the Chicago area - she doesn't necessarilly want to go back there, but she doesn't want to stay here, and neither do I. Neither of us have any illusions that there's a Shangrila out there, but it's definitely time to organize ourselves to move on, so we've begun the process.

Chicago is one of the coolest towns that you don't hear that much about. I wish they'd get the interstate done thru downtown, but beyond that I like going there.

Not to offend anyone, but the places I would avoid like the plague are L. A. and most any other place in So. Cal. ....... I even hate the way it sounds " so ... cal "

Some of the smaller towns in Northern California are great. Note I said smaller. Sorry I can't recommend New York either.

Carolinas are beautiful .... and still affordable. Atlanta is growing by leaps and bounds .... as is Houston.

South west has always held a fascination for me .... the area around where Billy lives. Haven't made it there yet, but plan to correct that soon.

Lot of great country out there .... where ever you end up, hope you stay in touch with the Zone and keep up on the Bengals. The best is yet to come.

The Carolinas have been a consideration, and I'll keep the thought about the smaller towns in Northern California in mind. One of the things I'd like to do is be reasonably close to a decent jazz scene so I can continue to hustle gigs.