Corey Dillon most powerful RB

2004Champs

Rewatched the game with the Steelers and saw some blitz pickup where he absolutely destroyed Joey Porter more than two times knocking him on his ass. Also towards the end of the game Corey ran right at Porter and two other guys and bowled right over 3 of them. They did have in check most of the game but he was solid with 73 yards. Gotta love the 25yd TD run where he ran over Polamalu and dragged him in the end zone. That guy still has got some wheels. Dillon is by far the most powerful back in the nfl along with Jamal Lewis.

Rewatched the game with the Steelers and saw some blitz pickup where he absolutely destroyed Joey Porter more than two times knocking him on his ass. Also towards the end of the game Corey ran right at Porter and two other guys and bowled right over 3 of them. They did have in check most of the game but he was solid with 73 yards. Gotta love the 25yd TD run where he ran over Polamalu and dragged him in the end zone. That guy still has got some wheels. Dillon is by far the most powerful back in the nfl along with Jamal Lewis.

And your point would be what exactly ?????

You may have noticed by the way he dresses these days that Dillon doesn't play for the Bengals any longer. Since this forum is for discussion about the Bengals, your post would be more appropriately placed in the NFL forum or better yet on a Patriots board.

Have a nice day. B)

also no way is he more powerful than guys like Duckett, Droughns, or even Bettis.

Duckett, Droughs, Bettis..........AAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHAAHHAH!!!

Dillon > ALL OF THEM

Dillon and Jamal Lewis are the most powerful backs in the league bar none!

Bettis, Droughns and Duckett?? LMFAO.....Good one fella...GOOD ONE!!

also no way is he more powerful than guys like Duckett, Droughns, or even Bettis.

Dillon > ALL OF THEM

28 Corey Dillon RB 6-1 225 lbs 10/24/1974 8 Washington Seattle, Wash. TR(CIN)-04

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=rosters&print=yes

Duckett is 6-0 254 lbs

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/playerBio.jsp?id=1511

36 Bettis, Jerome HB 5-11 255 lbs 2/16/72 12 Notre Dame

http://www.steelers.com/team/player/

22 Staley, Duce HB 5-11 242 lbs 2/27/75 8 South Carolina

31 Jamal Lewis RB 5'-11" 240 5 Tennessee

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/template.ph...s§ion=press

now I do not know what you are on, or what makes you think Dillon is the next incarnation of the Hulk, but the fact that you think that Dillon, at 20-30 lbs lighter than these guys, is as powerful or more powerful than they are is laughable.

Dillon > ALL OF THEM

28 Corey Dillon RB 6-1 225 lbs 10/24/1974 8 Washington Seattle, Wash. TR(CIN)-04

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=rosters&print=yes

Duckett is 6-0 254 lbs

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/playerBio.jsp?id=1511

36 Bettis, Jerome HB 5-11 255 lbs 2/16/72 12 Notre Dame

22 Staley, Duce HB 5-11 242 lbs 2/27/75 8 South Carolina

31 Jamal Lewis RB 5'-11" 240 5 Tennessee

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/template.ph...s§ion=press

now I do not know what you are on, or what makes you think Dillon is the next incarnation of the Hulk, but the fact that you think that Dillon, at 20-30 lbs lighter than these guys, is as powerful or more powerful than they are is laughable.

Dillon is a prettypowerful guy. For a relatively upright runner that only weighs 225 lbs, he dishes out a lot of punishment and breaks a lot of tackles. Plus he sees and cuts pretty well. He's not the second coming, but he's a good back - a good piece to install in a championship team, which is what the Pats did.

<_< This is absolutely my last hit on this particular dead horse. God I'm so tired of Dillon that my gonads ache.

No one with a few minor exceptions ever said that Dillon was not a good running back. He has great instincts ... makes people miss and runs over guys that he can't duck. Guys that usually outweigh him at that. Has good cutback skills, and is just plain old fast to boot.

Point is though ... that Dillon WAS NOT going to use any of that ability here. Don't try to figure out why or rationalize it, because beside being a good running back he's also a grade a nut job head case. His " tired of losing " song would have played a lot better if he hadn't got it out of the trunk in the middle of what everybody who is familiar with the NFL recognizes as a complete turnaround for the Bengals.

Having said both of those things, the most important thing about Dillon is that he's gone ....... gone folks .... love him or hate him, it doesn't make any difference ..... He's gone ... get over it and move on. I think of Dillon just like I do every other RB that plays for some other team. NOT MUCH. To me, he's like the air. I tend not to notice or even think about it unless there's an irritant in it that annoys me.

As to Dillon fans / or not

Love him ??? and can't get over him leaving ???? Then go buy his new jersey and be a Patriots fan. Its OK .... really.

Hate him ????? He's gone. He's happy he's gone, and you should be happy too. Lance the boil and get the infection out.

Already a Patriots fan ????? GO HOME.

Dillon is a very powerful RB, due in large part to his thick and bulbous head.

Just lower that bad boy and watch the LBs tumble...open the mouth attached to it and watch the IQ points drop.

BN1281

Maybe Black Jesus can did up the goal line stop from the preseason game. It's kinda neat to see him lose his helmet. It's kinda like when he pitched his equipment into the seats at PBS, 'cause he didn't wanna play here no more. :(

coreyatthegoalline20044vc.jpg

Mommy they are picking on me..........

Officer: Mr. Dillon did you get the license plate of the truck that hit you.

Dillon: Yes officer, I got the license plate. It was 52.

Are we already back to this worn out subject of Dillon is so great/sucks, versus Rudi is so great/sucks? 2004 Champs...You have to be the most one dimensional poster I've ever seen here. If you're not talking about how wonderful the Patriots Dillon is, or how the Bengals Rudi can't compare, or whatever, then you ain't talking at all!!

Jesus Christ dude! Do you live the rest of your life that way!?! I have no other way to put this, but you are boring as hell!! If you're married, please give your wife my sympathies. You also must be the life of any party, walkin' around telling and re-telling your one worn out story to anyone who doesn't have an excuse to ditch your coma-inducing ass! Have you ever heard of "variety?" Look it up, and give it a try for once! :lol:

And one more thing, Corey is undeniably a good running back, but hardly the most "powerful." That would go to the Bronco's Rueben Droughns hands down!

Are we already back to this worn out subject of Dillon is so great/sucks, versus Rudi is so great/sucks? 2004 Champs...You have to be the most one dimensional poster I've ever seen here. If you're not talking about how wonderful the Patriots Dillon is, or how the Bengals Rudi can't compare, or whatever, then you ain't talking at all!!

Jesus Christ dude! Do you live the rest of your life that way!?! I have no other way to put this, but you are boring as hell!! If you're married, please give your wife my sympathies. You also must be the life of any party, walkin' around telling and re-telling your one worn out story to anyone who doesn't have an excuse to ditch your coma-inducing ass! Have you ever heard of "variety?" Look it up, and give it a try for once! :lol:

And one more thing, Corey is undeniably a good running back, but hardly the most "powerful." That would go to the Bronco's Rueben Droughns hands down!

Ruben Droughs more powerful than Jamal Lewis and Dillon???

You still playing with that white dust again I see. Droughs is a little guy...but muscular. He is only 5'10 and weighs 210. Dillon weighs 230lbs...20 more pounds of nastiness :)

Dillon>Droughs (BY FAR)

yeah dillon is powerful and a great back but i dunno if hes the most powerful in the league. oh and who is the only back back to rush for 100 yds against the steelers this season? wasn't it rudi johnson?

I thought I correct your sentence.

I agree Dillon is powerful, and a great Black. I dunno if he is the most powerful in the league. Who is the only Black to preach for 100 seconds against the killers this season? Wasn't it Martian Luther King Jr.?

:rolleyes: Draggin the damn Dillon story around is like dragging a dead horse around. Geez, drop it. I agree 100% with Billy and Redsfan.

Gotta love the 25yd TD run where he ran over Polamalu and dragged him in the end zone. That guy still has got some wheels. Dillon is by far the most powerful back in the nfl along with Jamal Lewis.

I know that replying to trolls gets you nowhere and that arguing with bandwagon retreads is a hopeless cause, but this has to be stated.

Had you bothered to watch the game you would have noticed the following;

Dillon had one run of 25 yards during which he was untouched. Plain and simple. He didn't drag anyone anywhere. That doesn't mean that it wasn't an impressive effort but it does mean that he had a great deal of help from an impressive offensive line.

Other than that Dillon ran the ball 24 times for 48 yards. That means he didn't drag tacklers for much more than two yards during the remainder of his carries.

I do think that Dillon is a great back and I wish that things could have worked out with the Bengals, but c'mon man. Atleast attempt to follow the truth.

I'm sorry that my first post here was keeping a thread alive that was probably nearly dead, but his idiocy really bothered me.

Gotta love the 25yd TD run where he ran over Polamalu and dragged him in the end zone. That guy still has got some wheels. Dillon is by far the most powerful back in the nfl along with Jamal Lewis.

I know that replying to trolls gets you nowhere and that arguing with bandwagon retreads is a hopeless cause, but this has to be stated.

Had you bothered to watch the game you would have noticed the following;

Dillon had one run of 25 yards during which he was untouched. Plain and simple. He didn't drag anyone anywhere. That doesn't mean that it wasn't an impressive effort but it does mean that he had a great deal of help from an impressive offensive line.

Other than that Dillon ran the ball 24 times for 48 yards. That means he didn't drag tacklers for much more than two yards during the remainder of his carries.

I do think that Dillon is a great back and I wish that things could have worked out with the Bengals, but c'mon man. Atleast attempt to follow the truth.

I'm sorry that my first post here was keeping a thread alive that was probably nearly dead, but his idiocy really bothered me.

B) Welcome to the board Abe. Loved you on Barney Miller. You made that show and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Good first post .... accurate right to the point of being wasted on trolls ..... :rolleyes: All the regulars here pretty much noticed that 25 of his yards came on a single run ... and just calked it up to " what else is new ? " Pats and other CD jock riders will justify ... amplify ... or just out and out ignore the truth of any situation that is less than perfect in their eyes, so don't worry about them.

B) Hang around ............ plenty of good football talk is here to be had, and there'll be a lot more to come.

And one more thing, Corey is undeniably a good  running back, but hardly the most "powerful." That would go to the Bronco's Rueben Droughns hands down!

Ruben Droughs more powerful than Jamal Lewis and Dillon???

You still playing with that white dust again I see. Droughs is a little guy...but muscular. He is only 5'10 and weighs 210. Dillon weighs 230lbs...20 more pounds of nastiness :)

Dillon>Droughs (BY FAR)

Dude...20 pounds does not make the difference in the "powerful-ness" (if that was a real word) of a RB. It's in the speed, running style, and leg strength the individual RB posesses.

I remember watching Walter Payton, (also a smaller RB, size wise) flat bust tackle after tackle, shedding linebackers and linemen like he was coated in grease! He kept those legs pumping, twisting and turning away from their grasp to break free time and time again, so obviously this isn't an issue relegated strictly to size, and renders us arguing about our personal opinions.

Drougnhs really impressed me in the games I saw him play, and living out here in Arizona, I saw a LOT of Denver games televised! :(

It was clearly obvious Dillon outran the saftey #28 and Polamalu tried to tackle Dillon but Dillon was just too strong to bring down and dragged Palomalu in the endzone while he was hanging on his waist. It was pretty cool TD run how Palomalu was dragged for like 5 feet and even into the endzone he was hanging on to Dillon. That was my favorite play of the game :lol: