Our only hope now...

hottub

How big is that screw-up by the officials in the Ravens-Seahawks game? Without that, we'd still be tied with the Ravens, and still have a decent shot at the tie-breaker. Now, with the Raven's easy schedule the rest of the way, our only real hope is that we "turned over" the flu to a few of the Raven's defenders during those fumbles/interceptions.

Oh well. Even if they don't win another one, Marvin Lewis and the Bengals had a great season. Of course, I'd like to see them win out anyway.

Well, considering how brutal the Dolphins schedule is, and the incosistancy that the Broncos have shown, they may well be behind us at the end of the year for the wild card spot...Yeah the AFC North would have been nice, and still could be (I ain't holding my breath) but the playoffs are still a real possibility....But yeah...Damn that official....Oh well, can't say anything, the Bengals had control of their destiny, now it's in someone elses hands.

Cheers

Don't know about you guys, but I'd rather the Bengals get to the play offs on their own, and not have to depend on someone else to help them out. Bad calls and bad games are going to be part of every season, and the Bengals are just going to have to play well enough to not be hurt by them when they happen. If we'd won in Arizona, Buffalo, or Oakland, we would still be in the lead due to the tie breaker.

Said on the other thread, if we don't get there this year, we will next year. Playoffs would be great. I want that winning seaon we've been waiting for.

Now, with the Raven's easy schedule the rest of the way, our only real hope is that we "turned over" the flu to a few of the Raven's defenders during those fumbles/interceptions.

We'll see. The Ravens certainly have an easier road, but it isn't without its pitfalls. The biggest one, actually, is just that the teams they're playing have been so bad. It's easy to come out flat in those kind of games, especially on the road. Billick will have his work cut out for him to keep them on their game.

Oakland's no sure thing. They stink overall but they're .500 at home. And both Cleveland and Pitt would love to ruin the Ravens' season.

The key for the Ravens, tho, may be injuries. They got banged up yesterday: Thomas is gone for the year, Jamal Lewis and Orlando Brown both reaggravated injuries, and Cornell Brown, Alan Ricard, and Lamont Brightful all left the game with knee injuries.