Most loved Bengal

bengals200485

For his brief career, my vote is for Ickey Woods. Forget the dance and the pony tail. This guy ran downhill before it became a media buzzword. He could slash for a big guy and had good speed as well. Too bad he got injured.

Second would be Isaac Curtis. Graceful, classy and acrobatic. It's a shame he didn't play in the era of ESPN and the like. He was like Dr. J on the football field. He should be in the HOF.

Third would be Anthony Munoz. He used to completely erase people from the game.

Forgetting the mouthing off near the end, I used to love Carl Pickens!!!!!!!!!

and Dillon, then my city's own Anthony Munoz!!! We Ontario natives got to stick together, after all, 10 steps from my front door is Anthony Munoz Park!!! :player:

then Boomer, Krumrie, Fulcher, Blake, etc. :player:

David Fulcher and Rodney Holman. Mean, nasty mother f?!kers both.

This is a thread more befitting people that pride themselves on being such great fans. Ken Riley and bobby Kemp are two that come to mind.

Ken Riley was a great player who maintained his composure. He did his job, and shrewdly avoided controversy without co-signing the organization and the local establishment's B.S. He was a consummate pro and "classy" without being a butt-kisser.

Bobby Kemp was my kind of defensive player - as vicious a hitter pound-for-pound as you'll find. I'll never forget how he took Kellen Winslow out of the regular season San Diego game in the first Super Bowl year. Kellen caught a couple balls and Kemp pounded him for it, and Kellen got quiet for the rest of the game. It broke my heart when they started putting starters on special teams and somebody yanked his arm out of socket - he was never the same.

David Fulcher and Rodney Holman. Mean, nasty mother f?!kers both.

This is a thread more befitting people that pride themselves on being such great fans. Ken Riley and bobby Kemp are two that come to mind.

Ken Riley was a great player who maintained his composure. He did his job, and shrewdly avoided controversy without co-signing the organization and the local establishment's B.S. He was a consummate pro and "classy" without being a butt-kisser.

Bobby Kemp was my kind of defensive player - as vicious a hitter pound-for-pound as you'll find. I'll never forget how he took Kellen Winslow out of the regular season San Diego game in the first Super Bowl year. Kellen caught a couple balls and Kemp pounded him for it, and Kellen got quiet for the rest of the game. It broke my heart when they started putting starters on special teams and somebody yanked his arm out of socket - he was never the same.

Also, Greg Cook - what a tragedy when he got hurt.

Bill Bergey -- now there's nasty.

I'll go along with Isaac Curtis - fine player, and fine human being.

Don't forget Tim Krumerie.

Ken Anderson gets accolades but really doesn't get his due. Ken Anderson is the real prototypical West Coast QB, and as bland as he appears, the man had as much heart and courage as anybody on the field.

Coy Bacon was my man. He brought big time pass rushing technique and wouldn't knuckle under to Paul Brown, going on to have more successful seasons in D.C. even in the twilight of his career. Coy Bacon had the kind of fire that doesn't always fit in in Cincinnati - which is Cincinnati's loss. But since it's not everybody's gig to be a Coy Bacon, see my post about Ken Riley for another way to get it done (Isaac Curtis is another one in the Ken Riley mold).

The two Bengals that gave everything in their bodies and left it all on the field each and every game were Tim Krumrie and James Brooks... Brooks was 5'9" 178lbs and would not run out of bounds. He's put a lick on a tackler first! Krumrie was a dog pure and simple...Allot of linemen had more talent but none had a bigger heart than Krummie....

the two players I see on the present team that may have that type of heart is

Kiewan Ratliff.. he trys to punish receivers, and Reggie Myles on special teams, he might just be insane!!

Dude, Rob, are you going to make a team set of the 87 topps version of the 2004 bengals to go w/ the 84?!?!?!?!? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am printing up the 84 ones and making trading cards out of them for my own collection.... no reselling I promise. ^_^ :player: ^_^

Going in roughly chronological order...

Pete Johnson (my all-time fav)

Kenny Anderson (even in pads & helmet he looked like a 98-lb. accountant)

Chris Collinsworth (player version, not TV talking dingbat version)

Tim Krumrie (player version, not ineffective coach version)

Stanford Jennings (just for the 93 yard TD return in the Super Bowl)

Boomer Esiasion (Super Bowl version, not MFN blabbermouth)

Scott Mitchell (he won me beer)

Willie Anderson (one word: warrior)

Jon Kitna (great human being version, not player version)

Chad Johnson (pass-catching version, not Pepto-Bismol version)

Carson Palmer (welcome aboard, Mr. Franchise)

Oh, yeah...

and Paul Brown. :player:

Dude, Rob, are you going to make a team set of the 87 topps version of the 2004 bengals to go w/ the 84?!?!?!?!? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am printing up the 84 ones and making trading cards out of them for my own collection.... no reselling I promise. ^_^  :player:  ^_^

I always liked the 71 Topps baseball cards (black borders) but back then they didn't do much with the logos on the card itself. I also like the 1983 Fleer baseball as well (hint, hint). The Topps 1984 Football are great ones as well.

Going in roughly chronological order...

Pete Johnson (my all-time fav)

Kenny Anderson (even in pads & helmet he looked like a 98-lb. accountant)

Chris Collinsworth (player version, not TV talking dingbat version)

Tim Krumrie (player version, not ineffective coach version)

Stanford Jennings (just for the 93 yard TD return in the Super Bowl)

Boomer Esiasion (Super Bowl version, not MFN blabbermouth)

Scott Mitchell (he won me beer)

Willie Anderson (one word: warrior)

Jon Kitna (great human being version, not player version)

Chad Johnson (pass-catching version, not Pepto-Bismol version)

Carson Palmer (welcome aboard, Mr. Franchise)

Oh, yeah...

and Paul Brown.  :player:

I'm glad someone agrees with me about Pete Johnson.

I could go on and on about it, but Pete knew what he was doing.

I liked watching Mike Fuller play center field too.

Since I have been a fan since 1994 and missed the glory days of Bengals football, my list is mostly recent players:

Jeff Blake, Carl Pickens, Darnay Scott, Tony McGee: These guys, who were the core of the Bengals' passing attack in the mid-90s, made me a Bengals fan.

Jon Kitna: My favorite Bengal, no matter what people have to say about his abilities.

Kenny Anderson: Gotta respect the history...best QB the Bengals have ever had.

Willie Anderson: What more can I say that hasn't already been said?

Chad Johnson: Cocky, but loves his team. We certainly wouldn't be where we are now without him.

BN1281