lack of offensive line

halp

Since I couldn't watch the game I didn't see what you guys saw. But I did see lots of false starts. I also saw the number of sacks given up. That's all on the o-line. But, that's nothing new, all season everybody from Marvin Lewis on down said they needed some work on the o-line...But this is not the game you want your o-line to have a bad day on.

Sorry but the O-line didn't lose the game, it was everyone. Corey wasn't finishing runs, Rudi wasn't breaking his customary tackles nor was he hitting the line hard, C.Johnson wasn't breaking open for anyone to throw him the ball, J.Johnson missed a few blocks for lost yardage. Kitna consistantly decided not to throw to his first or second reads and ran right into the rush. How many times did he run around the backfield instead of stepping up into the pocket.

The defensive line was pushed back 5 yards per run, Tory James and Jeff Burris were abused, and Simmons wasn't reacting fast enough allowing JLewis to run all day.

I'm not going to put the blame on any single position nor person. Even if the line was awesome, Kitna would still have had trouble all day finding someone open, Corey still would run to the line timid, Chad would be double covered all game, and Lewis still would have 180 yards on the ground.

This is the same O-Line that we've been praising since the start of the four game winning streak. They had a bad game, as did everyone else. They will rebound next week, well hopefully.

The Ravens crushed the Bengals and that's that.

Sorry but the O-line didn't lose the game, it was everyone. Corey wasn't finishing runs, Rudi wasn't breaking his customary tackles nor was he hitting the line hard, C.Johnson wasn't breaking open for anyone to throw him the ball, J.Johnson missed a few blocks for lost yardage. Kitna consistantly decided not to throw to his first or second reads and ran right into the rush. How many times did he run around the backfield instead of stepping up into the pocket.

The defensive line was pushed back 5 yards per run, Tory James and Jeff Burris were abused, and Simmons wasn't reacting fast enough allowing JLewis to run all day.

I'm not going to put the blame on any single position nor person. Even if the line was awesome, Kitna would still have had trouble all day finding someone open, Corey still would run to the line timid, Chad would be double covered all game, and Lewis still would have 180 yards on the ground.

This is the same O-Line that we've been praising since the start of the four game winning streak. They had a bad game, as did everyone else. They will rebound next week, well hopefully.

Well, from the stats I'd have agree with you...The only thing I can say is I did notice several false start penalties and that ain't good....I think everyone of us has made comments about the defense, and it really bit the team on the ass today. Especially considering how poorly the offense performed. These games happen though, the key thing is to get back on the horse and go for it.

Hey guys, explain this thing I keep seeing on this board about how Ravens players will come to the Bengals because of their love of Marvin? I've seen both Ray Lewis and now Jamal Lewis mentioned in this capacity. Let me offer that these guys love where they are, these guys are cornerstones of the franchise and I can't imagine them even smelling free agency, and I'm pretty sure they like Brian Billick too.

A thought though, a little unrelated. The price you're going to pay for having a respectable season is that your offseason will be less fun. I don't know about you guys, but excluding last year's 10 overall pick, the Ravens have picked so far down the previous few years that there was no point in even trying to guess who we were going to get. Now that you guys aren't going to have a top five pick (probably not top 15 the way you're going now) you're going to miss the fun of imagining getting a top stud in the draft.

I'm sure you'd rather have the playoffs though. :D

Hey guys, explain this thing I keep seeing on this board about how Ravens players will come to the Bengals because of their love of Marvin?  I've seen both Ray Lewis and now Jamal Lewis mentioned in this capacity.  Let me offer that these guys love where they are, these guys are cornerstones of the franchise and I can't imagine them even smelling free agency, and I'm pretty sure they like Brian Billick too.

A thought though, a little unrelated.  The price you're going to pay for having a respectable season is that your offseason will be less fun.  I don't know about you guys, but excluding last year's 10 overall pick, the Ravens have picked so far down the previous few years that there was no point in even trying to guess who we were going to get.  Now that you guys aren't going to have a top five pick (probably not top 15 the way you're going now) you're going to miss the fun of imagining getting a top stud in the draft. 

I'm sure you'd rather have the playoffs though. :D

Firstly, I think a few of us have been a bit overzealous in wishing for players to come here....That's what happens when the only FA's that have been coming to town are a few years past their prime. (this year excluded of course) Also lot's of players(epscecially defense) have said they would love to play for Coach Lewis so that helps to attract FA's. But as for cornerstones of a franchise. I'm afraid that the salery cap makes it possible for anyone to leave nowadays.

Well, considering that the Bengals will be picking lower than they have in years they could very well go after one of the franchised CB's that will be out there this year, or after a restricted FA cause they won't be giving away a really high draft pick, plus they could always play let's make a deal with one of their running backs as well so it's got potential...At least we don't have to worry about them drafting a QB.

But yeah, I'd prefer the playoffs... :unsure:

1 - You can't block both Suggs and Boulware

2 - Kitna is not good enough to beat our defense

3 - Chad Johnson is not good enough to get past McCalister

4 - Corey Dillon isn't even a worthy adversery such as Eddie George 3 years ago, stiff arms and all!

The Ravens are back boys and all Marvin can do is watch!!!!

1 - You can't block both Suggs and Boulware

2 - Kitna is not good enough to beat our defense

3 - Chad Johnson is not good enough to get past McCalister

4 - Corey Dillon isn't even a worthy adversery such as Eddie George 3 years ago, stiff arms and all!

The Ravens are back boys and all Marvin can do is watch!!!!

1- Especially when they don't have there starting Left Tackle....

2- let's see....He has already beaten them once this year....

3- See 2.

4- see 1, and he still averaged 4 yards a carry....It's kinda hard to look impressive when you only get the ball 11 times.

These Ravens still have to win some playoff games before they're back thank you very much.

JohnnieEggo, typical. You talk smack, but don't talk football. Give it a rest already will ya? If you want to talk smack within the realm of what happened on the field then fine. But you are really full of hot air you putz.

JohnnieEggo, typical. You talk smack, but don't talk football. Give it a rest already will ya? If you want to talk smack within the realm of what happened on the field then fine. But you are really full of hot air you putz.

Get off the righteous bulls**t kick. You morons couldn't stfu a few days ago!! Now I've gotta turn the other cheek?!? Fat chance!!!

Here's some football talk :

" You don't belong on the same field with the Ravens"!!! :lol::D:rolleyes::blink:

You babble.

You've talked a load of bulls**t the entire time you've been posting on this site. Yeah, the Ravens won the game and good for them, and all they got out of it was a lousy season split with the Bengals. Don't be acting like you helped on the field. I never said turn the other cheek, but your are are really being a dufus(no surprise) some of the other Ravens fans have acted classy like Jam31, and Arizona, but you come on spouting a bunch of bunk, so really you can kiss my ass. One game up on the Bengals, and a season split doesn't give the Ravens a lot of breathing room...

This is the same O-Line that we've been praising since the start of the four game winning streak.  They had a bad game, as did everyone else.  They will rebound next week, well hopefully.

This one was definitely a group effort. Games are won or lost at the line though. Our line beat theirs in Cincy, and their line definitely had their way with us today.

I said going in that this game was going to be a good gauge of what we had to do. I don't think that anything we saw today was a real shocker, because it was all things we've talked about before. O line, second reciever, secondary. Some of the pieces we already have, but they still need to get the experience. Other pieces are missing, and still have to be drafted or acquired via free agency.

I think that winning 2 out of the next 3 is very realistic. That would give us a final record of 9 and 7, wihich is a lot better than anyone was projecting at the beginning of the season.

Final point is that we lost a game today. BIG DEAL. Nobody on the team laid down and acted like they were dead. They got beat by a team that played better than they did, and that's just the way it goes sometimes. The recovery of this team is still way ahead of schedule. Anybody that can't see the difference just isn't looking real good.

Josey:

If Ray breaks a teammate's arm going for a loose ball so be it. That is how Marvin taught him to play.

I have said before that I like to talk smack and last nite was no different but as I said before the game, both of our teams can make the playoffs and this is a rivalry that should only get better with each game!

Not to beat a dead horse but the team Kitna beat in October was not the same Ravens team today.

Also why was Corey Dillon wearing a coat in the 2nd quarter?? Brandon Bennett was your best runningback yesterday.

You guys played well but winning in Baltimore is hard to do.....still three more weeks.

Time to hang on to that division lead for dear life!!!!!!!!!!

GO RAVENS!