Boomer/Marino... what happened in the post game?

Dan2330

Marino needs to lighten up.

This is a compliment being paid from QB to QB.

I've like Marino, but he always came off edgy and irritable to me.

You can obviously tell he's mad that his record broken.

I mean, he never won a Super Bowl, (and Peyton may never as well)that was pretty much his way of staying relevant in the minds of football fans, present, past and future.

I watched the whole thing and laughed my arse off. Marino got pissed, and Shannon just kept running his mouth to a point where you could hear Boomer whisper, calm down. It was great. I guarantee that there will be a little different squad nest year (Shannon will be unemployed and he can't go to ESPN cause they've already got apoorly dressed loudmouth in Michael Irvin)

I only caught part of this on ESPN Sports Radio, appartently Boomer said something like Peyton will be the 'Dan Marino of this generation'.

Anyone know if this is true?  If so, what was Marino reaction?

Mike LoPresti used that same line in his column today. I am not sure who thought of it first but Boomer isn't the only one using it.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...180379/1067/SPT

Belichick, Patriots have Manning's number - again

Colts QB's legacy remains that of fizzling in big games

By Mike Lopresti

Gannett News Service

Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi (54) made several big plays Sunday, including sacking Colts quarterback Peyton Manning during second-half action of the AFC divisional playoff game in Foxboro, Mass. New England defeated Indianapolis 20-3.

The Associated Press/Stephan Savoia

Zoom

Eagles QB Donovan McNabb is lifted by Hank Fraley during Phildelphia's 27-14 victory over Minnesota on Sunday.

The Associated Press/Miles Kennedy

Zoom

All that's left in the NFL are the top two seeds in each conference. The exact gang of four the standings told us to expect, no matter how many Peyton Manning television commercials we had to watch.

And since three of the four survivors - not counting lucky Pittsburgh - won by a combined margin of 94-34, the road to the conference finals has been definitive.

But all that's next Sunday. For now, we need to get out a few letters.

• Dear Peyton Manning ...

Relax. There's nothing wrong with your legacy that a couple of home games in January couldn't cure.

But that's the rub, isn't it? The Indianapolis Colts are the quintessential climate-control team. You guys look as out of place in winter weather as a robin. And because getting home-dome advantage is never an easy thing to do, it seems you have only two alternatives.

Toughen the roster, so the meanies of the AFC don't push you around.

Or hope New England builds a dome.

What was it you said Sunday about the public and media hanging the Patriot Problem around your reputation? "I have always believed a player kind of defines himself. I am starting to change those thoughts."

In other words, get used to being called this generation's Dan Marino. Though there are worse guys to get lumped with.

it was shannon sharp who said it and it looked like he was going to kill him haha

I thought Boomer Esiason said it first, and Shannon Sharpe couldn't stop laughing! Me either. I really didn't think Dan Marino took it all that bad, but then again I was laughing so hard, maybe I missed something. :blink:

i think that Sharpe said it 1st, but Boomer explained it to Marino what it meant. That he (Peyton) would go his whole career w/o winning the big 1. Marino was smiling till Boomer said that but then all of a sudden u just saw him go blank. It looked like he was really pissed. It was pretty f***n funny.

i think that Sharpe said it 1st, but Boomer explained it to Marino what it meant. That he (Peyton) would go his whole career w/o winning the big 1. Marino was smiling till Boomer said that but then all of a sudden u just saw him go blank. It looked like he was really pissed. It was pretty f***n funny.

You wouldn't think Marino would need it explained to him, would you? :rolleyes: I actually wish Dan Marino would have won a Super Bowl at least once. The same goes double for Boomer. :(