AFC Championship game = Super Bowl

It may just be the way I see it, but I feel the AFC Championship game will be with the leagues two best teams. At best I see the Super Bowl as more of a consolation game for the NFC to get waxed in. IMHO, the playoffs top teams fall in this order:

#1: Pittsburg

#2: Indianapolis

#3: New England

#4: Philadelphia

#5: 3-way tie. Minnesota, New York and St. Louis. (With these 3 teams you're never really sure which version will show up for the game!)

The team with the most defensive momentum will win the SB.

Of course we haven't seen all the teams play in the playoffs yet, but out of the ones we have, none of those defenses really stood out to me.

Indy won with sheer firepower. The Jets and Rams were fortunate, to say the least, and Minnesota benefitted from a INT throwing lapse by Brett Farve. (No...the Vikings defense just didn't suddendly improve last night. Brett Farve stunk the joint out!)

I would tend to agree with Billy. I don't see any of the remaining NFC teams walking into Jacksonville and taking one fom Pitt, Indy, Or NE (I am fairly sure that the Jets won't be making the trip to the AFC Championship Game).

And since I think Indy is going, I will say that I don't think Atlanta or Philly could withstand the Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Stokley/James/Clark/Pollard/Rhodes/Mungro attack (wow, that was longer than I thought it would be). And don't even get me started on St. Louis or Minnesota...those wins didn't really show anything of note, other than Minnesota's D-Backs can catch lobs and Seattle choked like they always do. No team deserves it less than those two.

BN1281

And I wonder how Philly will perform now that they've taken month off?  Before the end of the regular season, I thought that Philly would march to the Superbowl.  Now, I'm not too sure.  I really have no clue who will come out of the NFC, but it won't be pretty.  :wacko:

That's what I think. They haven't played as a unit on offense since the first drive against St. Louis in the god-awful MNF during game 15. A lot of the offense sat against us.

And when Philly DID have the offense they're going to put on the field -- i.e. the game against Dallas in which TO got hurt -- they won 12-7. TO out, Philly struggled. Now all the attention will be on intermediate routes and Bryan Westbrook -- all of which will remove the threat of McNabb running outside the pocket. All of which had one drive with McNabb throwing to the receivers he'll be throwing to against Minnesota.

I'm not going to support Minnesota losing to Philly either because I thought GB would beat the Vikes by the first half. Now they are in the news, now they've become re-energized, re-united and whatever you knew between these two teams during the regular season is out the window. This game has changed since then. That's the NFL playoffs -- hey, they could use my phrase for the right $$$

Atlanta, I think is worse off. They are playing at a dome -- beneficial to the Rams -- with Vick out the past two games -- three total weeks off. This will kill the Falcons momentum and gives them a less than certainty to winning this.

I just think, in the NFC, anyone can win -- and that applies more this year than years past. You just have to look at the personnel and their performances in recent weeks.

I saw an interesting note; teams that have lost both regular season games and had a week off in the first round, are 2-5 (I could be wrong, I'm going off memory). Interesting indeed!

I saw an interesting note; teams that have lost both regular season games and had a week off in the first round, are 2-5 (I could be wrong, I'm going off memory). Interesting indeed!

I've never felt the bye week off in the playoffs was an advantage for a team. Football is all about as Josh said earlier...momentum. I feel the week off disrupts that.

Two teams building momentum: The Colts and Vikings. Rams and Jets??? Just building confidence.

I don't think anything could be worse than the Ravens-Giants SB in 2001. Not only was that the worst SB I've ever seen, it was one of the worst football games I've seen, period.

Damn Ravens...why must they ruin everything?

BN1281

Not only was that the worst SB I've ever seen, it was one of the worst football games I've seen, period.

You must be too young to remember some of those past Super Bowls in which the Bronco's and the Bills got flat blown out! Some of those games we over at halftime! :(

Those Bud bowl games were always close, but they never let Bud Light win.

That's a good thing. Only a valid beer team should win. They don't call it the "Amber Colored Tap Water Bowl", now do they? If they did, then it would be held in a urinal, and Crud Light would finally be allowed a victory! :lol: Hopefully followed by a courtesy flush. ^_^

I disagree about the D momentum. St louis showed us you can do it without D, just like Baltimore showed us you can do it without any offense.

Wait a minute there bb7. Baltimore did indeed have a potent offense in winning that Super Bowl. Unfortunately Mr. Dilfer had to take that arm with him when he left the Ravens soon after that season! Since that day, Baltimore has been mired in a dark, boring, offensive wasteland.

I can live with that. :rolleyes:

Superbowl XXIV (49ers vs Broncos) has to be the worst Superbowl of all time. 55 - 10?!

Absolutely no question! The Jet's/Steelers game I just watched was 100 times better than that mis-match!

You guy's watch...that Jet's/Steelers game will be FAR more exciting than anything the NFC could hope to produce for our Super Bowl viewing pleasure. :angry: They do have one last hope for redemtion. Micheal Vick and the Falcons...MAYBE!

I'm thinking Janet should have saved her "Boob-a-Thon" for this years halftime extravaganza! I'm predicting it'll be soooo bad, that by halftime, even a show done totally in the nude wouldn't even be noticed!