LMAO Seattle Playoff Blackout?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/spor...awknotes06.html

Notebook: First-round television blackout is possibility

By José Miguel Romero

Seattle Times staff reporter

KIRKLAND — Those in Seattle who thought seeing the Seahawks' home playoff game on television was a foregone conclusion had better think again.

As of this morning, the game is close to being blacked out locally.

In an effort to keep that from happening, the NFL granted the Seahawks a deadline extension yesterday to sell more tickets. There were 3,500 available as of last night for Saturday's NFC wild-card game against St. Louis at Qwest Field, which kicks off at 1:30 p.m.

The original blackout deadline was 1:30 p.m. yesterday. The league decided to extend that 24 hours because of the short turnaround time after Sunday's Seattle victory over Atlanta.

Seahawks players aren't necessarily surprised by the high number of tickets left, but some are dismayed.

"Am I surprised? No," running back Shaun Alexander said. "Do I wish we would sell them out? Definitely."

Alexander characterized Seattle as a laid-back sports town where fans wait until the last minute or game day to get tickets to a Seahawks game.

"Football is still entertainment out here," he said.

"I've been kind of disappointed with the lack of hype for it," added quarterback Trent Dilfer. "This is a huge thing. I mean, the biggest sport in the world right now. This city should be very proud to be hosting a game. It's embarrassing, to be honest."

The Seahawks must get as close to a sellout (66,000) as possible to avoid the blackout. The team has sold 62,500 tickets since Sunday evening, and has a streak of 15 consecutive home sellouts on the line.

There is the possibility that an individual, company, or group of companies would purchase the remaining tickets as the deadline approaches to lift the blackout.

:blink: Unreal. :blink: