Compensatory Draft Choices...

JPW

"Under terms of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in a year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks."

The Bengals had one compensatory pick last year.

In fact it was the highest (comp) pick of the Draft at the bottom of the 3rd Round.

That pick Landed us Landon Johnson...

Anyone know if we will be entitled to any compensatory picks this year ?

NO but I'll find out......

Ok I found out... according to D.J. Boyer from Football.com , He said Compensatory picks won't be announced until late March. Also the Cincinnati Bengals will not receive a pick as high as last seasons' high pick at the end of the third round.

Yeah, that was basically for Spikes. The NFL has some arcane formula based on the quality of the FAs you lost vs. the ones you got, or something like that. Last year we signed a bunch of guys, like Herring, Webster and Bobbie Williams and we really didn't lose anyone worth much -- Hawkins and Brennett are the only two worthwhile names I can think of. If we get any picks at all they'll probably be 7th-round junk (basically among those getting first crack at the undrafted pool).

NO but I'll find out......

Ok I found out... according to D.J. Boyer from Football.com , He said Compensatory picks won't be announced until late March. Also the Cincinnati Bengals will not receive a pick as high as last seasons' high pick at the end of the third round.

Yeah, that was basically for Spikes. The NFL has some arcane formula based on the quality of the FAs you lost vs. the ones you got, or something like that. Last year we signed a bunch of guys, like Herring, Webster and Bobbie Williams and we really didn't lose anyone worth much -- Hawkins and Brennett are the only two worthwhile names I can think of. If we get any picks at all they'll probably be 7th-round junk (basically among those getting first crack at the undrafted pool).

Yea nothing earth-shattering...

We also sgined Pat Johnson.

Other guys that we lost Mark Roman, Mike Goff and Matt O’Dwyer.

What about Lamont Thompson, Marquand Manuel, Oliver Gibson, Gleen Steele, guys like that? Marvin shifted a whole bunch of guys from the roster, 20+ surely?

Thompson was cut , Manuel was cut, Oliver Gibson wasn't a draft pick for us, and Glen STeele was released, as well. So I doubt we'll get anything from them.