TJ thinking big for '05

jjakq27

TJ was on Lance McAlister's show yesterday evening and stated that he believes besides Indy, the Bengals will have the best offense in the NFL next year. He listed Chad, Rudi, Chris Perry, himself, Kelly, Schoebel and Carson as the core of that offense. When asked about Warrick, he stated that he kind of forgot about PDub but then said if he plays they will be that much better. I was really excited after hearing his confidence and the fact that he included Rudi and himself in the plans for next year.

Wonder if TJ has a chance at comeback player of the year this year or if Brees has it wrapped up already?

I don't either Brees nor TJ qualifies because they were never any good before this season. I would say Curtis Martin, but again, I'm not sure what qualifies as comeback of the year -- injuries the year before? Bad year the year before? Not sure.

Wonder if TJ has a chance at comeback player of the year this year or if Brees has it wrapped up already?

I don't either Brees nor TJ qualifies because they were never any good before this season. I would say Curtis Martin, but again, I'm not sure what qualifies as comeback of the year -- injuries the year before? Bad year the year before? Not sure.

was Kitna really any good before last year though?

i think by comeback they mean that they have come back from being bad to being good

In '99 Kitna threw for 3346 yards with 23 touchdowns and 16 interceptions.

In '03 Kitna threw for 3591 yards with 26 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

He led the Seahawks in '99 to the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

While I know those numbers are slightly different, he's been to the level he was at before he won the award in '03.

i think by comeback they mean that they have come back from being bad to being good

My question is, does the criteria suggest a player must have been at above-league average, suffer a bad season, and then perform to that "above-league average" level again? Or can they just suck donkey legs one year, and be great the year after without having a good year prior -- ie Brees.

Brees actually had a decent year in '02: about 61% completion, nearly 3300 yards, 17 TDs v 16 picks. Not stellar but pretty solid for his first go-round; pretty comparable to Carson, in fact. But yeah, I dunno if that would qualify him as comeback player. He's definitely made the Chargers' front office look pretty freakin' dumb, tho. :lol: