JD's Cincy/Game Rant and Raves

jditty47

Heres my observations from cincy and the game during my 4 days there.

1) There aint s**t to do there really - friend of mine that lives there said it best, "the only thing to do here is smoke, drink, and go to sporting events"

2) Skyline chili - ok...it was ok. but what the f**k is up with putting chili on spaghetti? heh

3) went to the reds HOF. It was better than i thought. Not being from cincy u dont really realize how much history that franchise has had. I thought i was gonna be in and out in 30 min, i was in there for 2 hrs and coulda been in longer if i woulda known more and was interested in anything prior to 1980. It was cool seeing a ton of records Eric Davis still has and Larkin has etc. They have a pitching thing inside of it...lets just say i wont be in the majors anytime soon heh

4) stayed at the 4 points sheratin. Bills stayed there as well. actually saw a ton of them in the lobby and hallways, they were pretty cool to me even though i was in bengal garb usually. My sister ran into JP (the backup qb) in the hallway and he was lost heh

5) Went by PBS on friday just to go to the proshop and check out the stadium and s**t. Went by the back and saw the players leaving. Drove next to Robert Geathers - he was cool, said wassup - has nice 20's on his car. Funniest thing of my trip though was seeing Kyle Larson is a f**kin BEATUP ASS TRUCK. he was the only bengal without rims i think. Oh and hes bald as hell...he likes to wear a hat heh

6) Went to a bearcats basketball game on saturday - pretty cool. Game pretty much sucked cuz we were tied to a garbage team at halftime when we should abeen blowing them out...typical bearcat game though, pull away in the last 10 min.

7) went to eat on friday night at Red fish something and man was it interesting. Only in cincy can ur waiter get fired halfway through your meal and u have to wait 45 min to get ur check. heh

Also at that place they had karaoke. man was that depressing. 2 guys were alternating who sang, a 40 yr old country dude that sang like s**t and a 80 year old grandpa that sang sinatra.

8) after eating on friday night our waiter b4 he got fired told us about a bar down the street called Madonnas...so we went over there...he was there lol so we bought him a drink. At that bar is a crazy ass crackhead bengal fan who every song that was played, no matter the genre would work WHODEY into it...was pretty funny. Oh and if u live there, theres a 30 yr old chick whos ok looking but has a great ass man. best in cincy prolly.

Now lets move on to gameday.

7) Went to tailgate - btw, longworth hall u have to have a car if anyone didnt know (lol me) so we walked over to a bar and kicked it. CRAZY man. we got there at 8 am to drink. there was 2 ppl there besides us at that tiem. a old ass man with a beard. We started talking etc, buying rounds and s**t. that placed packed the f up - was sick. never seen that many bengal fans man. was wall to wall. We drank for 4 straight hours i was hammered....and our tab was 28 bucks with food lol cheap ass s**t in cincy man.

8) got to the game at like noon - let me just say - that PBS is a nice f**kin stadium. nicest ive ever been to. That field looks amazing.

9) Our seats were section 307 on the bengals side row 3, let me just say i loved our seats. great view and we could see everything perfectly. Great experience to say the least.

10) it was 4 degrees at the game. snowed all morning till gametime and it just got colder. my feet almost fell off during the game i swear. i have never sat in the cold for that long in my life.

11) onto the game unfortunately....when the game started it was prolly 85% capacity. Was loud for the first quarter. When rudi scored first the crowd errupted.

12) when buff got 21 pts in 3 min that crowd got quiet and so did i. i was so pissed. i honestly dont want to go into alot of detail about th egame cuz all it will do is make me mad so ill just ramble on for a bit. Kitna - played like s**t. just flat out terrible. how do u throw a pass across ur body on ur back foot to the opposite side of the field? WERENT U TAUGHT NOT TO DO THAT IN LIKE HIGH SCHOOL???? Rudi fumbled once again - god even though he had a good game overall i wouldnt miss him if he was gone. We needed palmer badly. The whole team looked like they didnt want to hit anyone or get hit in the cold. No intensity whatsoever throughout the game.

13) wish my first experience in cincy wasnt a loss but oh well, i had a good trip overall. Just sucks that they played their worst game of the season when i was there. Same as last year when i went to the arizona game. I am now 0-2 at bengals game and they've looked like s**t both times. mb i shouldnt go watch them live.....

1) There aint s**t to do there really - friend of mine that lives there said it best, "the only thing to do here is smoke, drink, and go to sporting events"

Yeap, now you know why a majority of SW Ohio drinks a lot. Hell, we keep Captain Morgan's in business...

3) went to the reds HOF. It was better than i thought. Not being from cincy u dont really realize how much history that franchise has had. I thought i was gonna be in and out in 30 min, i was in there for 2 hrs and coulda been in longer if i woulda known more and was interested in anything prior to 1980. It was cool seeing a ton of records Eric Davis still has and Larkin has etc. They have a pitching thing inside of it...lets just say i wont be in the majors anytime soon heh

Awesome you were able to make it there. The Reds, as an organization competes nostaligically and traditionally, with any team in the majors; sadly, the team today insults the Reds of yesterday.

We should have coordinated a few drinks or something. Although we'd have to be careful NOT to talk about politics.hehe.

First off, there is plenty of s**t to do here, but as an out of towner, don't expect to just wander and find stuff to do. You could have hit the Newport Aquarium, the Cincinnati Zoo for the festival of lights, the Krohn Conservatory, the Art Museum, The Beach Waterpark (another christmas thing going on), etc. You just didn't know what to do here.

Secondly, you get used to the idea of chili on spaghetti. After all, it's not real chili, it's a pasta sauce!

You can have, or get, your waiter fired halfway through your meal no matter what city you are in.

Rudi was wide open on the pass across the field, Spikes just knocked his ass over and stood there to catch it.

Why do you think I left? Lovely town, I still have family there, was just back over Thanksgiving, but I know myself. If I'd stayed, I'd be that crackhead in the bar working whodey into every song! :lol:

lol tell me about it. if i ever go back for another game, which i definately will, it'll be a friday to sunday night thing. I was there from thurs morning till monday night...too long.

I love the Natural History in Cincy. Do they still have it?

Jwitty had a bad time because he was with the wrong people. If I was there, he would be like "im moving here". But, Kentucky is funner. Is funner a word?

I didnt get to go to the game. I been congested in my chest. But, it wasnt that good of a game, so I dont regret it.

If I went to the game, they probably would have won. Every game I have been too, they have one. Luck? Nahhh.

I love the Natural History in Cincy. Do they still have it?

Jwitty had a bad time because he was with the wrong people. If I was there, he would be like "im moving here". But, Kentucky is funner. Is funner a word?

I didnt get to go to the game. I been congested in my chest. But, it wasnt that good of a game, so I dont regret it.

If I went to the game, they probably would have won. Every game I have been too, they have one. Luck? Nahhh.

ahh man you shouldve taken one for the team and suffered through the coldness with the people who were at the game.