Stacy Andrews

HoosierCat

Anybody catch a brief appearance by the big man Sunday? I haven't heard about him rolling out onto the field before, was this his first call to duty?

Per Lapham, he checked in at TE on something like a 3rd and 2; I assume they were going to use him as a blocker, same way they did with Levi in his first year. Of course, Big Willie false started and bang, it was 3rd and 7 and Stacy checked out. Good to see them working him in, tho... :player:

Anybody catch a brief appearance by the big man Sunday? I haven't heard about him rolling out onto the field before, was this his first call to duty?

Per Lapham, he checked in at TE on something like a 3rd and 2; I assume they were going to use him as a blocker, same way they did with Levi in his first year. Of course, Big Willie false started and bang, it was 3rd and 7 and Stacy checked out. Good to see them working him in, tho... :player:

I think it was actually on a first down. Then the penalty and he went out. Then he came back in later and they ran a play while he was in. He was playing next to Willie. That guy is enormous.

Can he catch a pass? Maybe the TE of the future!!

Then he came back in later and they ran a play while he was in. He was playing next to Willie. That guy is enormous.

Can he catch a pass? Maybe the TE of the future!!

Cool, good to hear he's seeing some action.

TE of the future? Well, probably not...but the guy was a track-and-field guy in college and apparently does have surprising speed for someone who's like 350 pounds! :lol:

he was in a running play, and he got flattened by the bills DE i forget which on because they're both white, all ican remember is him getting pushed by the DE and pushed backwards with his back bending. He didn't get low enough and was pushed up by the DE. The form didn't look to god, but it was his 1st NFL play so..

Anyways IMO willie Anderson will move to Gaurd within the next 2 years, and Andrews will take over at RT. Willie would be a a massive and i think easily prowbowl Right Gard, he could help out stacey Andrews also, teling him who to block.

Anyways IMO willie Anderson will move to Gaurd within the next 2 years, and Andrews will take over at RT. Willie would be a a massive and i think easily prowbowl Right Gard, he could help out stacey Andrews also, teling him who to block.

That sounds about right. Too bad his first play didn't look better, but there's nothing like getting in there to learn ya.

Saw this on bengals.com:

"They love Andrews and shake their heads over some of the amazing things he does in practice. It certainly looks like he’ll be starting at some point in his development (he played just 70 snaps in college), but probably not until ’06. And would it be at tackle, since Levi Jones and Willie Anderson will still be young men?"

Anyone notice if Andrews made a cameo appearance in the game yesterday like he did in the Buffalo game?