Paging Dennis Weathersby!

HoosierCat

Burris is already out for the game and now they've added Artrell to the injury list with some kind of knee problem. If Marvin has to press the rook into service, let's hope he's ready!

The situation with this young guy is making me crazy. I like coach Lewis, but this is the one thing he does that drives me up a wall.

Why isn't Weathersby playing ?? ans. Cause he's not good enough to beat somebody out.

Well then what is the problem with his development ?? ans. There's no problem with this development, he's doing fine.

Well then, when can we expect ot see him in a game ?? ans. When he's good enough to play.

And around and around we go. He absolutely drives me nuts when he goes into his puddin tame routine. We had the perfect opportunity to put this young guy in a game against the Texans and didn't. I'd have much rather found out where his "development " was in that game instead of when we're going for what amounts to be the division.

God I hope he's ready, cause when you put a rookie in coverage you can see all the little red dots on him from the laser sights.

If I remember Marvin's explanation (and yeah, I agree, it's pretty circular) it wasn't exactly that he wasn't good enough to beat someone out, but that with everyone else at CB playing reasonably well, there hadn't been an opportunity for him to go in and actually have a chance to beat someone out. (He served up the old "I see better than I hear" line.) So hopefully he's ready if he gets the chance.

Memo from the Ain't Nutin' Wrong Wif Mah Head, Coach Dep't: Burris upgraded from out to doubtful. Bets he's starting Sunday?  B)

If he does, I hope he's got better sense than to go head to head with a guy that out weighs him by about 100 pounds again. You gotta love his heart, but there is such a thing as self-preservation too you know.