Rudi is the best RB we've faced

Willisdownyathroat

I hate to pay compliments to a board that bashed my boy TKO, but Rudi Johnson is an animal. We've faced Curtis Martin, Fred Taylor, Shaun Alexander, and even Corey Dillon. I wouldn't take any of them over the guy I saw today. He's a tough SOB. Your D basically went all out to stop the run and they succeeded. I must remind you that Lee Evans is a beast.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take a couple of those guys over Rudi Johnson. I say don't sign Rudi for next year. He's not worth his asking price. It's time for the Bengals to clean house. If Marvin Lewis and company don't send a message to these guys that if you don't have the heart and commitment to show up and execute against teams like the Bills in your own house, you won't be working here, they will eventually not be working here.

This game showed that while there are some players on this team, there's also a lot of garbage and it's time to take out the trash. Rudi is a player, but too limited to pay what he's asking. It's time to move on. They're gonna need the salary room to replace all the bums they need to send packing.

I'd take a couple of those guys over Rudi Johnson. I say don't sign Rudi for next year. He's not worth his asking price. It's time for the Bengals to clean house. If Marvin Lewis and company don't send a message to these guys that if you don't have the heart and commitment to show up and execute against teams like the Bills in your own house, you won't be working here, they will eventually not be working here.

This game showed that while there are some players on this team, there's also a lot of garbage and it's time to take out the trash. Rudi is a player, but too limited to pay what he's asking. It's time to move on. They're gonna need the salary room to replace all the bums they need to send packing.

The playcalling wasn't very good. They should have been more consistent with the run.

If the guy's not moving the pile, you don't keep calling his number while you're falling behind - especially when he's coughing up the ball.

How can you say Rudi didn't execute? 130 yards and a TD against one of the leagues best defenses isn't executing? He was breaking tackles and getting extra yardage all day. He was basically the entire bengals offense today and you call him a bum. I think by not signing him the bengals would send the message you speak of to the wrong player. Rather maybe it should be sent to Kitna or Perry.....

rudi joined james brooks and corey dillon as the only bengals backs to have a 1200 yard season oh yea and hes like 111 yards away from breaking dillons single season rushing mark and hes only like 25 years old i think rudi has plenty of upside. deal kitna and perry to miami for some defense that sounds pretty good to me. :player:

I never said Rudi is a bum. I said he's not worth the money he wants. Rudi got 31 of his 130 yards on a 4th quarter garbage-time run with the score 33-10. Another 20 came on the play in which he fumbled the ball away for the second week in a row. Plus he missed a blitz pick-up that forced the Spikes interception.

Rudi started the game running pretty well, but when the Bengals fell behind he was getting a lot of short runs and Kitna was busy getting sacked and turning the ball over. So reviewing the play-by-play account, he probably got the carries he should have. When he really had a chance to make a difference, he fumbled. You just CAN'T do that.

I wouldn't fault the play calling. I fault the execution and professionalism of the players. Rudi certainly didn't lose the game, but he was one of the people who didn't execute at critical moments in the game. If you want to cultivate the winning mindset, you've got to start getting rid of the guys who aren't coming through in the clutch. That means with this team that you have too many holes to fill to pay $5 or 6 million for a guy that runs up numbers but is one of the question marks in the clutch.

You don't need the same production as Rudi. You need a better overall team - one that's more consistent and doesn't beat itself, matches up better phycially in some areas, and has the nasty streak to make sure it doesn''t get punked out by teams like the Bills in its own home. You can get running backs that will do the job on a good team, and you can have a world-beater running back and still not win. If the Bengals win this game, they're a better team that can afford the luxury of signing Rudi. But losing this game shows that they've got bigger problems than keeping him in the fold.

We've already cleaned house. The only bungle left IMO is John Kitna, I would rather had Akili Smith then him in there.

You've still got tight-ends that can't run the route deep enough on 3rd down to get past the 1st down marker. You've still got stupid penalties in big games, fumbles, blown coverages and blocking assignments.

The Bengals lost at home to the Bills in December with pride, playoffs and a winning record on the line, after plenty of object lessons during the season in what it takes to win and what will lose you games. WAKE UP! There's more house-cleaning to be done.

We've already cleaned house. The only bungle left IMO is John Kitna, I would rather had Akili Smith then him in there.

You've still got tight-ends that can't run the route deep enough on 3rd down to get past the 1st down marker. You've still got stupid penalties in big games, fumbles, blown coverages and blocking assignments.

The Bengals lost at home to the Bills in December with pride, playoffs and a winning record on the line, after plenty of object lessons during the season in what it takes to win and what will lose you games. WAKE UP! There's more house-cleaning to be done.

Why are you taking this game so personal? It's one game out of a 16 game season. I doubt you were making posts like this before this game.

The bengals lost to one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now. The only thing they should be ashamed of is how the offense played and especially Kitna and no matter what anyone says he was the difference in this game. The team is young and has dealt with alot of injuries this season. With a healthy and more mature team next season the bengals are right where they need to be. I think the "house" is cleaner than you may think thanks to the new maid ;)

Plus he missed a blitz pick-up that forced the Spikes interception.

whoa hold on rudi didn't miss a block that play was a screen designed to rudi and tko shoved rudi to the ground from the back as the ball was on the way. tko even admits the wrong doing after the game there should of been flags and that int should've been comin back.

Yeah, the smart thing for the Bengals to do is to clean house and start a 5 year rebuilding process because we lost a game when we had our backup QB starting.

:rolleyes:

I never said Rudi is a bum. I said he's not worth the money he wants. Rudi got 31 of his 130 yards on a 4th quarter garbage-time run with the score 33-10. Another 20 came on the play in which he fumbled the ball away for the second week in a row. Plus he missed a blitz pick-up that forced the Spikes interception.

Rudi started the game running pretty well, but when the Bengals fell behind he was getting a lot of short runs and Kitna was busy getting sacked and turning the ball over. So reviewing the play-by-play account, he probably got the carries he should have. When he really had a chance to make a difference, he fumbled. You just CAN'T do that.

I wouldn't fault the play calling. I fault the execution and professionalism of the players. Rudi certainly didn't lose the game, but he was one of the people who didn't execute at critical moments in the game. If you want to cultivate the winning mindset, you've got to start getting rid of the guys who aren't coming through in the clutch. That means with this team that you have too many holes to fill to pay $5 or 6 million for a guy that runs up numbers but is one of the question marks in the clutch.

I gotta agree. I thought before the game that there was less to the Bills "great run defense" than met the eye (don't believe me, go read my Bengals Banter comments on the subject). I expected Rudi to have a good day, yardage-wise. But from opening day, fumbling against the Jets (run back for a TD in what ended up being a 7-point game) to fumbling on the opening drive in the red zone against the Pats, to yesterday's last-gasp-killing fumble, Rudi's been coming up small all year.

Bring on Perry.

I never said Rudi is a bum.  I said he's not worth the money he wants.  Rudi got 31 of his 130 yards on a 4th quarter garbage-time run with the score 33-10.  Another 20 came on the play in which he fumbled the ball away for the second week in a row.  Plus he missed a blitz pick-up that forced the Spikes interception. 

Rudi started the game running pretty well, but when the Bengals fell behind he was getting a lot of short runs and Kitna was busy getting sacked and turning the ball over.  So reviewing the play-by-play account, he probably got the carries he should have.  When he really had a chance to make a difference, he fumbled.  You just CAN'T do that. 

I wouldn't fault the play calling.  I fault the execution and professionalism of the players.  Rudi certainly didn't lose the game, but he was one of the people who didn't execute at critical moments in the game.  If you want to cultivate the winning mindset, you've got to start getting rid of the guys who aren't coming through in the clutch.  That means with this team that you have too many holes to fill to pay $5 or 6 million for a guy that runs up numbers but is one of the question marks in the clutch.

I gotta agree. I thought before the game that there was less to the Bills "great run defense" than met the eye (don't believe me, go read my Bengals Banter comments on the subject). I expected Rudi to have a good day, yardage-wise. But from opening day, fumbling against the Jets (run back for a TD in what ended up being a 7-point game) to fumbling on the opening drive in the red zone against the Pats, to yesterday's last-gasp-killing fumble, Rudi's been coming up small all year.

Bring on Perry.

I don't know. I think he's a solid back.

STILL...I'd like to see that 5-6 million spent in other areas. Our offense will be ok with or without Rudi.

yea i don't know what the fumbling is about, but i thought the one in New England should have been whistled before the ball came out <_<

i think we should keep Rudi because if Perry is a bust, then AGAIN, we're back at "ok maybe next year..." and I really think THIS team, with some tweaks to the defense, is completely capable of making a good playoff run next year.

5-6 million is a good price for a back like Rudi. If we don't resign him, this may be my last year as a Bengals fan. You don't let a guy who worked for almost NOTHING during his first contract walk away when he's still extremely young and has a lot of years left in the tank. Rudi did everything we have asked of him, and he deserves the payday... from the Bengals.

5-6 million is a good price for a back like Rudi. If we don't resign him, this may be my last year as a Bengals fan. You don't let a guy who worked for almost NOTHING during his first contract walk away when he's still extremely young and has a lot of years left in the tank. Rudi did everything we have asked of him, and he deserves the payday... from the Bengals.

You'd give up?

5-6 million is a good price for a back like Rudi.  If we don't resign him, this may be my last year as a Bengals fan.  You don't let a guy who worked for almost NOTHING during his first contract walk away when he's still extremely young and has a lot of years left in the tank.  Rudi did everything we have asked of him, and he deserves the payday... from the Bengals.

You'd give up?

It's not giving up, it's losing respect. Up until now, I have put up with Mike Brown's bad decisions because they were done out of misguided loyalty. To let Rudi walk because he wants to be paid what he's worth, when he is a huge part of making our offense effective through balance would be the dumbest thing ever. At that point, I don't think I'd buy another ticket for at last three years, playoffs, superbowl, or whatnot.

Rudi has EARNED his place and his contract.

Rudi is 25 years old. He needs to average 56 yards the next 2

games to break Dillon`s franchise rushing record.

He has rushed for over 100 yards against 3 top defenses in the NFL.

(Redskins, Steelers and Bills)

He didn`t fumble AT ALL LAST YEAR and he has fumbled 3 TIMES

this year while being 3rd in the NFL in carries !!!!!

He has carried the ball 314 times and fumbled 3 times !

And people want to act like he fumbles alot ? :blink:

The guy is the "anti-Leon"...he does his job and says all the right things.

If the Bengals don`t sign him it would be a traveshamockery !

How could you just let a 25 year old RB who holds your franchises

single season rushing record and isn`t a cancer walk ? :huh: