14 years of failure and counting....

tibor75

Fourteen years of failure and counting is right. The Bengals are making progress in turning that around, but they're still failing. If they treat this loss as the totally unacceptable failure that it is, and start holding people accountable with their jobs, things will continue to progress. There are just too many guys on this team that don't need to be there.

The Bengals should have been able to beat the Bills. Your number 2 quarterback is there to at least take care of the ball when pressed into service. If he can't do it, you need another one. If your number 1 back thinks he's worth 5 or 6 million, he's got to move the pile and hold the ball when it counts. If he can't, let him go, and use the cap money to address other issues. If the defense is playing cover two and doubling both your outside receivers, your tight ends and backs have to step up and put pressure on the middle of the field, and they sure as hell have to run the right pattern depth on critical third down plays. If they can't do that, you need new tight ends. If you've got guys continually committing bonehead penalties to kill drives no matter how critical the game, you need some more professional guys.

It's time to take the axe to this team or there will be nothing to show for all this trouble but a 15th year of failure.

Follow tubhumpers advice! Quick!

Cut everyone, have nothing but rookie free agents because we have nothing left under the salary.

You might want to actually read the post because most of what he's saying has been said around here before. He's absolutely right: our TEs are all one-dimensional role players; the job of the backup QB is to come in cold and do well, if Kit can't do that, buh-bye; and if Rudi wants to be a big-time player then he has to hold onto the friggin ball.

Fourteen years of failure and counting is right. The Bengals are making progress in turning that around, but they're still failing. If they treat this loss as the totally unacceptable failure that it is, and start holding people accountable with their jobs, things will continue to progress. There are just too many guys on this team that don't need to be there.

The Bengals should have been able to beat the Bills. Your number 2 quarterback is there to at least take care of the ball when pressed into service. If he can't do it, you need another one. If your number 1 back thinks he's worth 5 or 6 million, he's got to move the pile and hold the ball when it counts. If he can't, let him go, and use the cap money to address other issues. If the defense is playing cover two and doubling both your outside receivers, your tight ends and backs have to step up and put pressure on the middle of the field, and they sure as hell have to run the right pattern depth on critical third down plays. If they can't do that, you need new tight ends. If you've got guys continually committing bonehead penalties to kill drives no matter how critical the game, you need some more professional guys.

It's time to take the axe to this team or there will be nothing to show for all this trouble but a 15th year of failure.

Why are you in such denial that the Bills are a good team?

Go to espn.com, go to any sports site, they will be talking about the Bills as one of the best in football right now, and we've been playing like it.

Come tommorow we will be in the top 10 in most of the power rankings and we've won different ways in many of the games. Sometimes O, sometimes D, always special teams.

Would the game have been different with Palmer in and the center? Yes, but 23 points different, probably not. We never really got rolling on offense but we never really tried either. we played not to lose on O and thats what happened. Our special teams and D took care of the rest.

And Palmer wouldn't have helped that punter and wouldn't have changed our starting field position, which was always at the 40 (it seemed)

Why don't you try being a man an excepting a thorough beating that we handed you. None of the back handed insults at the Bills. You just sound like a big baby, but maybe thats just what you are.

The Bengals are a good team. I was genuinely concerned that the Bills would lose this one. However, Defense and special teams were the saving grace of a lackluster offensive performance by the Bills as they have been all year long. They even overcame some questionable calls (running into the punt returner/illegal block in the back call).

One comment/question... does anybody else think that Rudi Johnson was interfered with by Spikes when he intercepted the ball and ran it back for the score? It looked like Spike ran right through Johnson to get the ball, knocking him down well before the ball arrived.

I`m sorry but I refuse to hold 1991-2002`s history against

Marvin Lewis.

He took the NFL`s doormat that went 2-14 and had the #1 overall

pick to a respectable season. He restored hope and respect back

into a city and franchise that had been lacking both for over a decade.

He did all of this with no expansion draft.

He then went on to trade the teams all time leading rusher.

And replace the come back player of the year with a QB

that had never started an NFL game.

The Bengals lost 9 players from the defensive side of the ball alone !

They have lost 15 players to the IR all together !

They lost their BEST blocking WR in Warrick, their staring Middle LB,

Center, DT and their starting safety hasn`t played hardly at all (Beckett).

I`m not happy with 6-8...but all things considered it could have been

MUCH WORSE. This team will win more than they lose in the very

near future.

Write it down ....taking a f**king picture...I don`t give a f**k.

Just watch and see.

Fourteen years of failure and counting is right.  The Bengals are making progress in turning that around, but they're still failing.  If they treat this loss as the totally unacceptable failure that it is, and start holding people accountable with their jobs, things will continue to progress.  There are just too many guys on this team that don't need to be there. 

The Bengals should have been able to beat the Bills.  Your number 2 quarterback is there to at least take care of the ball when pressed into service.  If he can't do it, you need another one.  If your number 1 back thinks he's worth 5 or 6 million, he's got to move the pile and hold the ball when it counts.  If he can't, let him go, and use the cap money to address other issues.  If the defense is playing cover two and doubling both your outside receivers, your tight ends and backs have to step up and put pressure on the middle of the field, and they sure as hell have to run the right pattern depth on critical third down plays.  If they can't do that, you need new tight ends.  If you've got guys continually committing bonehead penalties to kill drives no matter how critical the game, you need some more professional guys. 

Go to espn.com, go to any sports site, they will be talking about the Bills as one of the best in football right now, and we've been playing like it.

Come tommorow we will be in the top 10 in most of the power rankings and we've won different ways in many of the games. Sometimes O, sometimes D, always special teams.

Would the game have been different with Palmer in and the center? Yes, but 23 points different, probably not. We never really got rolling on offense but we never really tried either. we played not to lose on O and thats what happened. Our special teams and D took care of the rest.

And Palmer wouldn't have helped that punter and wouldn't have changed our starting field position, which was always at the 40 (it seemed)

Why don't you try being a man an excepting a thorough beating that we handed you. None of the back handed insults at the Bills. You just sound like a big baby, but maybe thats just what you are.

I don't blame the loss on Palmer being out like some people. Jon Kitna's stinking up the house is just part of the Bengals not being a good team yet. The Bills are a non-entity to me. I can't say anything good about them because I just don't care. What I care about is the Bengals becoming a good team, and they're not there yet, because a good team beats the Bills in that game. So the Bengals got their butts kicked and they have themselves to blame. They need to fix what's wrong and that means cutting out more dead wood.

It was a very disappointing performance.

So the only thing possible to you is that the bengals, a team that gave the pats a run, and beat Baltimore, stinks because they lost to the Bills?

All last week you had played a FAR TOUGHER schedule and had many good victory, including some on the road.

Now you lose at home to the Bills and you stink.

NON ENTITY, we've played you guys the last 3 years and will play you next season I think. This statment is the stupidest thing you've said.

We just did to you what we have done to other NFL teams the last 5 weeks, beat them soundly.

I told you all exactly what to expect and you laughed, said the Bills were a nothing and that we would see what a real team is in the Jungle. Aside from Willis not killing it we did exactly what I said. Our D and ST dominated, you couldn't cover our recievers. You did run the ball but aside from the first drive it was all in between the 30's.

I think you are being too hard on your Bengals, and after we crush SanFran and then pund Pittsburg at home you'll finally get it.

Playoffs here we come.

Fourteen years of failure and counting is right.  The Bengals are making progress in turning that around, but they're still failing.  If they treat this loss as the totally unacceptable failure that it is, and start holding people accountable with their jobs, things will continue to progress.  There are just too many guys on this team that don't need to be there. 

The Bengals should have been able to beat the Bills.  Your number 2 quarterback is there to at least take care of the ball when pressed into service.  If he can't do it, you need another one.  If your number 1 back thinks he's worth 5 or 6 million, he's got to move the pile and hold the ball when it counts.  If he can't, let him go, and use the cap money to address other issues.  If the defense is playing cover two and doubling both your outside receivers, your tight ends and backs have to step up and put pressure on the middle of the field, and they sure as hell have to run the right pattern depth on critical third down plays.  If they can't do that, you need new tight ends.  If you've got guys continually committing bonehead penalties to kill drives no matter how critical the game, you need some more professional guys. 

Hey Willis, how's work today. Did you take a half day Friday or something? We missed you in the afternoon.

Please stay with us through the end of the season and give us the Bills report. This way we can share stories about not making the playoffs.

As far as the fourteen years, I look at it as year two in Marvin's tenure. So far he has brought this team to the middle of the pack from the bottom quarter. However, I think next year might be a make-or-break year for Marvin. The natives will be restless if he is unable to raise this team above the 6-10 to 8-8 range.

So the only thing possible to you is that the bengals, a team that gave the pats a run, and beat Baltimore, stinks because they lost to the Bills?

All last week you had played a FAR TOUGHER schedule and had many good victory, including some on the road. 

Now you lose at home to the Bills and you stink. 

NON ENTITY, we've played you guys the last 3 years and will play you next season I think.  This statment is the stupidest thing you've said.

We just did to you what we have done to other NFL teams the last 5 weeks, beat them soundly.

I told you all exactly what to expect and you laughed, said the Bills were a nothing and that we would see what a real team is in the Jungle.  Aside from Willis not killing it we did exactly what I said.  Our D and ST dominated, you couldn't cover our recievers.  You did run the ball but aside from the first drive it was all in between the 30's.

I think you are being too hard on your Bengals, and after we crush SanFran and then pund Pittsburg at home you'll finally get it.

Playoffs here we come.

I said before the game that the Bills are garbage and if the Bengals lose to them, it only means that they're worse garbage than the Bills are. I stand by that. It won't take all that much to take the Bengals from garbage to gold, but until they come up big in big games against imminently beatable opponents like the Bills, they'll continue to be garbage. This game just signaled that its time to get the garbage guys off the payroll.

What is most upsetting about losing to teams like the Bills and the Browns is that they're SUCH nonentities that you hate having to spend any thought on them.

I'll sure be glad when you disappear back into your frozen rat hole of a town.

We've got a few more meaningful weeks of football so I'm not gonna be able to make it. 

PS I hope we make the playoffs, I'll come back and make sure you all know we made it in.

You're here today aren't you?

We need weekly or daily updates! I want to hear about how the Jaguars or Ravens shouldn't have made it, while the Bills should have. Enjoy the ride while you can. Peace.

PS: You never answered by question either. Half day Friday? We missed you Friday afternoon.

I`m sorry but I refuse to hold 1991-2002`s history against

Marvin Lewis.

He took the NFL`s doormat that went 2-14 and had the #1 overall

pick to a respectable season. He restored hope and respect back

into a city and franchise that had been lacking both for over a decade.

He did all of this with no expansion draft.

He then went on to trade the teams all time leading rusher.

And replace the come back player of the year with a QB

that had never started an NFL game.

The Bengals lost 9 players from the defensive side of the ball alone !

They have lost 15 players to the IR all together !

They lost their BEST blocking WR in Warrick, their staring Middle LB,

Center, DT and their starting safety hasn`t played hardly at all (Beckett).

I`m not happy with 6-8...but all things considered it could have been

MUCH WORSE. This team will win more than they lose in the very

near future.

Write it down ....taking a f**king picture...I don`t give a f**k.

Just watch and see.

I agree!!!! I am not to upset with this season. I am not happy no but i am thinking that this is the same old bungals. This is a great team regardless of there ranking. This team like stated already was the doormat of the NFL, NOT ANY MORE. This team has turned around so much and is a team that can beat any team at any time. Remember this team has a rookie QB which means a lot. He is doing a great job as starting QB but he is still a rookie. Experts say it takes 2 years to turn a team around, and in the bengals case it should take about 2-3 years. This team was at an all time low and things could not have been worse, and look at things now just over a year and a half later. Wait until next year boys!!!!!!

yeah i agree also. and really if you look at things and how we played our season wit hvirtually a rookie QB, next year when hes palying better at the begginign of the season like hes been playing as of late, we def have the potential to win a lot of games. i can remember 3-4 games we SHOULD have or could have won if it had not been for some "rookieish" palmer mistakes near the end of the games. then we wouldent be talking about restarting our franchise and cutting palyers would we. hell no we wouldent. weve been plagued by injuries and weve had to endure some growth from our virtual rookie QB. palmer is going to be great and hes going to win us some games.

now with that said i think we should trade of Kitna and Perry to miami and get some defense or a aplymaker for our defense.

yeah i agree also. and really if you look at things and how we played our season wit hvirtually a rookie QB, next year when hes palying better at the begginign of the season like hes been playing as of late, we def have the potential to win a lot of games. i can remember 3-4 games we SHOULD have or could have won if it had not been for some "rookieish" palmer mistakes near the end of the games. then we wouldent be talking about restarting our franchise and cutting palyers would we. hell no we wouldent. weve been plagued by injuries and weve had to endure some growth from our virtual rookie QB. palmer is going to be great and hes going to win us some games.

now with that said i think we should trade of Kitna and Perry to miami and get some defense or a aplymaker for our defense.

I agree to an extent. Palmer did, and still does, need time to develop and injuries have simply shot the team to pieces this year. If we get everyone back and healthy for next year, I fully expect a serious and successful playoff run.

That said, the last couple games how dangerously thin we are at some positions. QB is most obvious. Palmer goes down and this team has no chance. We continue to miss O'Neal (tho Ratliff seems to be improving). It took us half a season to work through the loss of Peter Warrick (and the guy who's come on, Houshmanzedeh, is a UFA after this season). And we don't know how much of Peter will come back next year. Whether Rudi stays or goes, RB depth (and perhaps starter) remains a big question. Jerry Fontenot is older than Richie Braham; we have a gaping hole at center that you could drive a 400-lb. defensive tackle through.

And beyond that, we have the litany of issues that have been talked over all season: no complete TE, little o-line depth, no 2-gap DT, etc.

There's still a lot of work to do, and I expect a lot of player movement in the offseason.

What really concerns me, and I am sure Marvin is livid about, is the seemingly undisciplined offensive line. Every home game they make several procedure penalties that set us back. Yesterday, Big Willie and Steinbach, both veteran players were called for false starts, the stupid penalties that should happen on the road because of loud noise, not in the friendly confines of your own stadium.

Speaking of the offensive line, how many times have you noticed this year where it seems like they can make holes for Rudi, but cannot hold protection. Kitna was pressured all day, not to make excuses for his pitiful play. So do our offensive line guys just go out to make a running game?

In addition of freezing my butt off yesterday, myself and the other fans present were really frustrated with the apathetic attitudes and play of our team. Funny, but I sensed before the game that Buffalo was fired up for this one, our team was as flat as a pancake. They seemed to play with no emotion, and some players seemed to want to get out of the cold and stay warm. That was a ridiculous excuse for a football team yesterday. Should they play that way this week against the Giants, I may offer someone the opportunity to have my tickets for next year.

Thanks Mike.

I would tell you to "Go to he$#", but I'd rather you go to heaven so Paul could beat the sh$% out of you.

It isnt all Mike Browns fault. I know he is a cheap bastard, but their where other things that made the Bengals suck.

Remember when the Bengals where good, well all the good players got old and we had to draft new ones. It also happened to the 49ers. Sorta like superbowl hangover.

And the big Bengal Sex Scandel. Like a bunch of players raped some women, and that put us far behind.

So if you're gonna blame the cheap bastard, you might as well bring some other stuff up.