Don't mean to nit-pick, but Farve would play

walzav29

I unerstand it is a sprained knee, but we need him to play. I say tape it up and go in. If Farve can play with a broken thumb on his throwing hand, I'm sure he'd play with a sprained knee. I'm probably just bitter because I have TJ and Johnson in fantasy football, but dammit I want to see a 4 td game from the Golden boy.

I unerstand it is a sprained knee, but we need him to play. I say tape it up and go in. If Farve can play with a broken thumb on his throwing hand, I'm sure he'd play with a sprained knee. I'm probably just bitter because I have TJ and Johnson in fantasy football, but dammit I want to see a 4 td game from the Golden boy.

Back-up Center, snow and ice on the field making for a slick playing surface...I don't think there is any good reason to risk a more serious injury to CP by him trying to play in this one.

We have Kitna signed for a lot of money to be available. I expect Kitna to be rock solid on Sunday.

Sounds like Carson will be closer to 100% in a week.

Despite my disappointment at coming up for my one game a year and not seeing Carson, I can live with that reality.

Kitna loves Housh and knows exactly where CJ is. Your bigger problem with fantasy numbers for those two may be the weather...

No point in risking anything with a knee injury, especially when we're not going to make the playoffs.

I'm just happy that he's pretty sure he'll play the last two games. I'm very excited about his future, so I love to see him out there as much as possible.

That injury is not something you can shake off in a week and play. If he could play he would.

Carson not playing is better for you guys. we blitz alot and with a sprained knee he would be a sitting duck. Kitna can get outside the pocket or move when pressures coming. And it will be.

Thats why I think you'll see Kitna go up and over the defense for a long attempt to CJ in the first couple of plays. Just to remind the agressive Bills D that while he may not have the strongest arm it is strong enough. Just ask P-Dub and the Kansas City Defense.

Carson not playing is better for you guys.  we blitz alot and with a sprained knee he would be a sitting duck.  Kitna can get outside the pocket or move when pressures coming.  And it will be.

Thats why I think you'll see Kitna go up and over the defense for a long attempt to CJ in the first couple of plays. Just to remind the agressive Bills D that while he may not have the strongest arm it is strong enough. Just ask P-Dub and the Kansas City Defense.

I don't doubt that CJ will catch some passes downfield, but we are nothing like whatever it is that KC puts out there against other teams offenses. (I won't call them a defense)

Carson not playing is better for you guys. we blitz alot and with a sprained knee he would be a sitting duck. Kitna can get outside the pocket or move when pressures coming. And it will be.

Congrats, some actual football talk in there...

Yeah, given the snow in the forecast, the back-up at center (I like Fontenot but Adams and Williams is a tough draw for him) and Buffalo's desire to blitz, playing Carson on a knee sprain is a recipe for disaster.

Kitna will be quite capable of trying to take advantage of the blitzes and will be able to scramble where necessary.

Just glad we don't have Chris Chandler as our back-up...

Yeah, given the snow in the forecast, the back-up at center (I like Fontenot but Adams and Williams is a tough draw for him) and Buffalo's desire to blitz, playing Carson on a knee sprain is a recipe for disaster.

Kitna will be quite capable of trying to take advantage of the blitzes and will be able to scramble where necessary.

Just glad we don't have Chris Chandler as our back-up...

Who is you're Fullback?

Personally, if Kitna has a stellar game (Yes, I said, IF) then I wouldn't mind seeing him get the start again against the weaka$$ Giants the next week. If giving his knee a weeks rest is good, then 2 weeks wouldn't hurt either. Have him come back on the road against Philly and get the upset for a 9-7 season. No we aren't going to the playoffs, but a winning season will go a long way for this franchise.

WHODEY !!!

Since playoffs would take a miracle would starting Kitna give him some trade value. i though someone said he was signed through the 05 season.

First, Kitna doesn't need trade value, he's not going anywhere. Kitna will retire a Bengal after becoming a QB coach for the Bengals.

Secondly, Favre would play because he doesn't have Kitna backing him up. Palmer can rest and avoid further injury because he does have Kitna backing him up. Kitna's not the best QB in the league, but he is a student of the game, a great film study guy, and he does give the Bengals a good fill in QB.

Since playoffs would take a miracle would starting Kitna give him some trade value. i though someone said he was signed through the 05 season.

Yes. There are teams out there that definitely could use Kitna and I hope he does for both our sakes and his as well. We'd get a potentially good pick, while he would be given head QB duties -- both sides like that scenario I'm sure.

Since playoffs would take a miracle would starting Kitna give him some trade value.  i though someone said he was signed through the 05 season.

Yes. There are teams out there that definitely could use Kitna and I hope he does for both our sakes and his as well. We'd get a potentially good pick, while he would be given head QB duties -- both sides like that scenario I'm sure.

Kirk, when will you all understand that Kitna doesn't WANT to be a starter somewhere else. He isn't concerned about making more than $1 million a year, he is content even if they offered him $50,000 a year to be a 3rd string QB. He likes living in Cincinnati. He enjoys watching his cousin play sports at Lakota. He knows God has put him where he needs to be, and is a very active part of the Christian Community in Cincinnati.

Kitna will retire before he accepts a trade offer.

Well for one thing you're comparing a thumb to a knee.

Favre is tough as a rhino and dam near as smart .... but that aside he'd do exactly what Palmer is doing. Abiding by the decisions of the head coach and medical people. B)

Just got bleeped by spell check on Favre ............. I KNEW it was F - A - R - V - E. All these years everbody has been saying " farve " ... but you can look at it and ... you just know its supposed to be " favor ". B)

not only all of this, but several times Favre played and hurt his team. Maybe it was because of the streak, maybe just because he's a gamer, but how does it help us to take mobility stricken sack on 2nd and 6 setting up 3rd and 16's all game. This team is usually a lot more successful when they have 3rd and shorts. A non-mobile QB doesn't help that. Kitna taught Carson the offense. If it were Casey Bramlett as the #2, it would be different. This is the reason you have a stud backup qb. The guy is still in a soft cast and on crutches for god's sake. It's hard to throw on the run on crutches. One of them could easily hit a lineman and trip him. I wonder if they would have to be a certain color to match the NFL's uniform policy. I can see it now. "You thought the fine for Jon Kitna's cross hat was strange, Carson Palmer has been fined for playing in the game with wood colored crutches."

Kirk, when will you all understand that Kitna doesn't WANT to be a starter somewhere else. He isn't concerned about making more than $1 million a year, he is content even if they offered him $50,000 a year to be a 3rd string QB. He likes living in Cincinnati. He enjoys watching his cousin play sports at Lakota. He knows God has put him where he needs to be, and is a very active part of the Christian Community in Cincinnati.

Kitna will retire before he accepts a trade offer.

I can't believe for a minute, if the offer to start for a team was there, with Brown/Lewis asking Kitna's permission to at least check it out; asking him what he thinks, that he wouldn't entertain the idea of becoming a starting QB.

I'm not saying we must trade him, you're going off the wall on that to make your own point; I'm saying if the oppritunity is there, with the competitiveness installed on all NFL players -- Kitna included -- the oppritunity to start for an NFL team may be too much for Kitna to look past.

Personally, if Kitna has a stellar game (Yes, I said, IF) then I wouldn't mind seeing him get the start again against the weaka$$ Giants the next week. If giving his knee a weeks rest is good, then 2 weeks wouldn't hurt either. Have him come back on the road against Philly and get the upset for a 9-7 season. No we aren't going to the playoffs, but a winning season will go a long way for this franchise.

WHODEY !!!

At this point, I'd be all right if Palmer takes the rest of the year off so he can be healed all the way.

He checked out of the biggest game of the year w/ the season on the line last week. With an injury that severe, by all means, take a seat.

The Bengals can finish w/ a winning season just fine w/o Palmer :)

Carson not playing is better for you guys.  we blitz alot and with a sprained knee he would be a sitting duck.  Kitna can get outside the pocket or move when pressures coming.  And it will be.

I don't doubt that CJ will catch some passes downfield, but we are nothing like whatever it is that KC puts out there against other teams offenses. (I won't call them a defense)

Point take about the KC defense (or whatever it is they call it).

I see an upside and a downside to the possible inclement weather on Sunday. On a positive note, the short to intermediate passes is more in Kitna's comfort range and with the ability of CJ and TJ to rack up the YAC (yards after catch) I could see some short passes going for major yardage. HOWEVER, we all know that Kitna has the small hands and doesn't tend to protect the ball real well when scrambling. If we have real cold weather Kitna could end up putting the ball on the grass ALOT.