Lincoln Kennedy - prognostication

slowtwitch

NFL Network -- a pipedream for cable subscribers. DAMN IT!

No s**t! You know, we should start an all out email/phone/letter campaign to drive Time Warner freaking NUTS until they put it not only in a package, but make it a freebee in the damned basic cable! :player: :player: :player: :player: :player: :player: :player: :player:

Actually as much as I love the NFL, that network is worthless garbage!

I agree that a lot of NFL Network is fluff (watch Total Access to see if you agree) but programs like Play Book are informative and the announcers intelligent. Shannon Sharpe is a windbag but he's not stupid by a long shot.. just overly oppionated. Solomon Willcox and Glen Parker are usually insightful without being overbearing. Rich Eisen is a hopeless sycophant when it comes to interveiwing the players.

Yeah, I'll give you that, but those are so few and far between that overall it's a disaster!

It's just getting started and as a avid NFL fan I watch it at least for an hour a day, their programming is pretty good for a fledgling network. Total Access is a must see, Playbook is the most informative NFL show on TV, plus they show 2 games every week with the sweet NFL Films music and editing to spruce it up. With the new deal they just signed you should expect the NFL Network to only get better.

Big Lincoln (btw, it's Lincoln Kennedy) did predict us to win out and make the playoffs. Not quite sure how accurate he is with his picks but he is only one year removed from playing so he should have a pretty good idea about what is going on in the NFL. Pretty cool to see national analyst actually predict something good about the Bengals for a change(Thanks Marvin B) !!!) . Just as long as Terrell Davis didn't predict us to win, that guy can pick a winner to save his life.

NFL Network -- a pipedream for cable subscribers.  DAMN IT!

No s**t! You know, we should start an all out email/phone/letter campaign to drive Time Warner freaking NUTS until they put it not only in a package, but make it a freebee in the damned basic cable! :player: :player: :player: :player: :player: :player: :player: :player:

http://getnfl.cablesource.net/

I just don't understand why TW is being such pricks about it. Last I heard, TW doesn't want to pay the fee for the NFL Network.

NFL Network -- a pipedream for cable subscribers.  DAMN IT!

http://getnfl.cablesource.net/

I just don't understand why TW is being such pricks about it. Last I heard, TW doesn't want to pay the fee for the NFL Network.

TW is being prix about it becuase they CAN. It's what they do. Their whole attitude is F-U to everyone. Happiest moment of my TV watching life came when I got DirecTV and could tell TW to stick it.

That is the main reason why I switched from Time Warner to Direct TV. I sent an email to TW, asking them to carry the network when it first premiered, but they said they have no plan to carry it. I guess the NFL channel wouldn't be as popular as the golf channel or the speed (racing) channel :rolleyes: , no wonder AOL Time Warner is doing bad, they have idiots making the big decisions.

Football is the most popular sport in America, why wouldn't a cable provider not what to give it's customer's what they want??? I switched to Direct TV in August and I wish I would have switched last year. I haven't had any service interruptions due to the satellite yet! I say forget TW, if they can't or won't give me what I want then I don't need to do business with them.