Chris Perry

turningpoint

I'm not convinced Perry has what it takes to be an explosive NFL player, granted I haven't seen enough of him but I'm sure there were better 1st rounder RB's available at the time. Plus you traded down, I think you could have had Steven Jackson.

Though I was saying the same for the Cowboys and Julius Jones. :blink:

I'm not convinced Perry has what it takes to be an explosive NFL player, granted I haven't seen enough of him but I'm sure there were better 1st rounder RB's available at the time. Plus you traded down, I think you could have had Steven Jackson.

Though I was saying the same for the Cowboys and Julius Jones. :blink:

Maybe because we didnt want Steven Jackson? Jackson is very overrated, i was saying that all the way up till the draft that he was the 4th or even 5th best RB in the draft, not many fans agreed, but it seems the NFL gms did.

Maybe because we didnt want Steven Jackson? Jackson is very overrated, i was saying that all the way up till the draft that he was the 4th or even 5th best RB in the draft, not many fans agreed, but it seems the NFL gms did.

It's true that we might not have wanted Jackson but I think Jackson is a better RB than Perry. I doubt Perry plays in this game and if he hasn't learned to pick up a blitz yet then he wasn't worth a 1st round pick anyway.

It's true that we might not have wanted Jackson but I think Jackson is a better RB than Perry. I doubt Perry plays in this game and if he hasn't learned to pick up a blitz yet then he wasn't worth a 1st round pick anyway.

I don't. I dont think Jackson will have a very good NFL career. He has looked pretty good his rookie year, but not good enough for me to back out of my pre draft rankings of RBs, which were..

1. Kevin Jones (i was right here)

2. Chris Perry (if he wasnt injured he would be starting over rudi now)

3. Bell (i still beleive he will be great, he just hasnt gotten carries)

4. Jackson

5. Julies Jones

Jackson is very overrated

Excuse me? Are you serious?

Jackson has a rushing average of 5.0 YPC this year (100 rushes, 496 yards), plus he has an 9.2 YPR average (15 receptions, 138 yards).

If you extrapolate his carries to the average of the top five RBs in the league in terms of carries, (Martin, Portis, Rudi Johnson, Tomlinson, and James), he'd have 271 carries so far this season, and 1342 yards, and 5 touchdowns. Each of those backs also has an average of 24.8 receptions (Portis has 1, so he's really a bit of a statistical outlier), and that would give him another 228 yards in the air if he were as utilized as they were.

I don't think he's overrated - on the contrary, I think he's capable of being one of the best backs in the league - on any other team, he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Perry is nothing if he doesn't play. Rudi is playing. And Rudy is a work horse. One of the big things you need in a back is the ability to take the pounding in the league. Pete Johnson talked about that in expressing his confidence when the Bengals were trying to shuttle guys in to replace him before the first Super Bowl run.

Let Perry get on the field before you start comparing him to Rudi. If he's hurt, he's got his durability yet to prove if nothing else. If he's not on the filed because he's a slow learner, he wasn't worth the high pick.

Jackson has a rushing average of 5.0 YPC this year (100 rushes, 496 yards), plus he has an 9.2 YPR average (15 receptions, 138 yards).

If you extrapolate his carries to the average of the top five RBs in the league in terms of carries, (Martin, Portis, Rudi Johnson, Tomlinson, and James), he'd have 271 carries so far this season, and 1342 yards, and 5 touchdowns. Each of those backs also has an average of 24.8 receptions (Portis has 1, so he's really a bit of a statistical outlier), and that would give him another 228 yards in the air if he were as utilized as they were.

I don't think he's overrated - on the contrary, I think he's capable of being one of the best backs in the league - on any other team, he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Ive explained this before on other forums but i dont feel like doing it again. Oh well, here goes, his rookie numbers mean nothing, he is spelling faulk, coming in when the defense is already worn down, and getting a few carries here and there, usually 8-12 a game i beleive. His numbers compare almost identically to Trung Canidates numbers when he was in STL. Only difference is, Canidate averaged 5.7 ypc spelling faulk, with something like 450 yards and 6 tds (compared to jacksons 2). You can see where that got him. These stats mean nothing. Jackson does not have a lot of potential, he is what he is, i doubt he will improve at all over his career. Perry, Jones, Bell, and the other Jones all have more potential. Jackson in our offense would be a slightly worse version of rudi johnson.

Another thing, it was not a coincidence that jackson was passed on by a handful of teams with needs at RB. A lot of GMs apparently saw what i saw, and decided that he wasnt the RB that he was being hyped as.

2. Chris Perry (if he wasnt injured he would be starting over rudi now)

Based on what? The turd can't hold Rudi's jock. He's just another soft big 10 back with inflated school stats.

Perry has earned no praise and deserves no praise! PERIOD!

Those were my pre draft rankings. I put perry 2nd before the draft, it was based off what i saw of him in college and at the combine.

And i do think he would be starting over Rudi had he been healthy all year, thats not the case obviously, but he has much more talent then Rudi. Rudi is one dimensional, Perry is the total package, he can do everything. Not to mention, Rudi has struggled this year spare a few games, hes way to inconsistent.

Ive explained this before on other forums but i dont feel like doing it again. Oh well, here goes, his rookie numbers mean nothing, he is spelling faulk, coming in when the defense is already worn down, and getting a few carries here and there, usually 8-12 a game i beleive. His numbers compare almost identically to Trung Canidates numbers when he was in STL. Only difference is, Canidate averaged 5.7 ypc spelling faulk, with something like 450 yards and 6 tds (compared to jacksons 2). You can see where that got him. These stats mean nothing. Jackson does not have a lot of potential, he is what he is, i doubt he will improve at all over his career. Perry, Jones, Bell, and the other Jones all have more potential. Jackson in our offense would be a slightly worse version of rudi johnson.

Another thing, it was not a coincidence that jackson was passed on by a handful of teams with needs at RB. A lot of GMs apparently saw what i saw, and decided that he wasnt the RB that he was being hyped as.

Wow you're a God.

:rolleyes:

Those were my pre draft rankings. I put perry 2nd before the draft, it was based off what i saw of him in college and at the combine.

And i do think he would be starting over Rudi had he been healthy all year, thats not the case obviously, but he has much more talent then Rudi. Rudi is one dimensional, Perry is the total package, he can do everything. Not to mention, Rudi has struggled this year spare a few games, hes way to inconsistent.

Sorry but I disagree with your view. Did you ever see Rudi play in college? The facts are Rudi never had a shot because of Dillon. When he got that shot he has done well. Perry didn't show me anything in the preseason when he was healthy. Now he can't play because he can't pick up the blitz?! I think he is a bust.

Now he can't play because he can't pick up the blitz?! I think he is a bust.

He's not playing because Marvin doesn't need him in there. If he took anyone's slot, it would be Watson's, not Rudi's. And Kenny has been doing just fine this year. Why in the world would you want to mess with the offensive chemistry now, when the team still has a shot at the postseason and you're about to play one of the best teams in the league?