Neagle contract terminated by Rockies

denverbengal

He got caught in the city that I live in. You can see a picture of Denny's latest love interest by clicking the link below. She's hot too :lol::lol::blink:

I really liked Neagle when he was with the Reds, and I feel sorry for him. But WTF was he thinking?

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/rock...3380600,00.html

Cost and effect as Rockies cut ties

Dropping Neagle may be a $19 million move

By Tracy Ringolsby, Rocky Mountain News

December 7, 2004

Left-handed pitcher Denny Neagle's contract was terminated by the Colorado Rockies on Monday, an attempt by the organization to protect its image. The move figures to cost the club $19 million.

It came after Neagle's arrest early Friday morning on charges of soliciting a prostitute.

There has been talk the Rockies could attempt to void the contract, which has $19 million remaining, by claiming Neagle violated a morals clause in baseball's standard players contract, but there is no precedent for such an effort being upheld.

Among others, the San Diego Padres invoked the clause when pitcher La Marr Hoyt was suspended for the 1987 season because of three drug violations, but the Major League Baseball Players Association won its legal battle, forcing the Padres to pay Hoyt for the remainder of the contract.

"There have been some attempts, but they have not been upheld," said Rob Manfred, Major League Baseball's executive vice president for labor relations and human resources.

Rockies CEO Charlie Monfort said he was not concerned about the contract situation.

"The monetary aspect never entered into our decision," he said. "There is a pattern of action that doesn't represent what the Rockies are about. I feel sorry for Denny and his family. He definitely made a mistake. But we have a lot of young, good-charter kids we need to protect. There's no way we can condone this."

Friday's arrest was the second in 14 months for Neagle, who lives in Morrison, along with his wife, their 4-year-old son and twins, who were born two months ago.

In October 2003, Neagle was arrested for driving under the influence and pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of driving with impaired ability.

The latest arrest came when police said they noticed erratic movements of the vehicle he was driving and pulled him over.

Upon questioning, a woman in the vehicle identified as Jill Russell, 40, allegedly told police Neagle paid her $40 for oral sex. According to the police, Neagle admitted he was driving in the area looking for sex.

Neagle and agent Barry Meister were not available for comment.

Neagle has been sidelined since midway in the 2003 season because of injuries that resulted in his undergoing reconstructive left elbow surgery in July 2003 and surgery to repair a partial tear of his left labrum in June.

The Rockies had received insurance premiums to cover half of Neagle's salary because of the injuries and would have been in line for a similar payoff if Neagle had been physically unable to play in 2005.

But they forfeited the opportunity by releasing Neagle, who is headed into the final year of a five-year, $51 million contract that included a salary of $10 million for 2005 with a $9 million buyout on a $12.5 million option for 2006.

"We don't feel he lived up to his contract and we will get advice on that matter, but that is not why we made the decision we made," Monfort said. "Financially, we feel we deserve (relief from the contract), but we are not expecting that."

It amazes me that someone with that much dough has to pay a worn out street ho. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That kind of money should provide you with something sweet. <_<

Hell yeah. I think he'd be able to afford more than $40. And from what I've heard, his wife is pretty hot too. I just don't get it. Well I guess Denny's not getting it either. At least not from his wife anyway :lol: (Ok, that was pretty cheap).

His dui arrest last year came after he left the bar where I watch the Bengals on Sundays (the waitresses were talking about it the night after it happened). The name of the bar...Pitcher's. I swear I'm not making that up. :lol:

Hell yeah. I think he'd be able to afford more than $40. And from what I've heard, his wife is pretty hot too. I just don't get it. Well I guess Denny's not getting it either. At least not from his wife anyway :lol: (Ok, that was pretty cheap).

I wonder if wife will be staying with him. If it were me, I'd take my share of his $$$ and bolt. My Gawd what was he thinking? :lol:

On a side note, if Neagle came back to the Reds, he'd probably be the ace or #2.  That just speaks measures about the current pitching situation with the Reds... (which is bad)..

No doubt. What Neagle and Wilson could be kinda makes me think of the Unit and Schilling when they were together. :D

I'm feeling sarcasm here. :lol:

It amazes me that someone with that much dough has to pay a worn out street ho. :lol::lol::lol:

That kind of money should provide you with something sweet. <_<

:lol: We've had a list of beautiful women on here in the past. Now some were more so than others ( personal tastes depending ), but Matt ....... Please post a picture of the one that you'd think would worth your family ....... your job ........ not to mention 19 mil .... and to throw salt on the wound ...... the wholesale public humiliation that came out of this whole episode.

Can you imagine his ol lady's reaction when he came straight home and went to jump in bed with her ???????? Geez .... talk about making your skin crawl.

Right up there with that one was on an episode of Cops one night ( yeah I watch Cops ) when they caught some guy in his .... 60's with a street whore ( not as bad as Neagles ) in his company van. They showed the guy calling his Wife to come down and bail him out. :lol::lol: He's going " hello ? hello ? " and then he looks at the cop and says " she hung up on me " Cop says " Yeah ???? Imagine that. what do you think your boss is going to say when he finds out we have his van at the impound ? " I laughed so hard I couldn't hear the rest of it.

• 1 month later...
But WTF was he thinking?

The question isn't "what" he was thinking, it's "with what" he was thinking. The little head strikes again! :rolleyes:

That kind of money should provide you with something sweet.

Unless of course you purposely don't want something sweet! To each his own, and I think we know which is Neagle's now. :(