big blow out by the ravens

ravens#1

Kevnz:

Because our team and subsequently our defense is the 2nd younest team in the league! Thus the incosistency.

By the way anyone who saw the Rams game wouldn't try and insinuate that our defense is bad.

Dont delude yourself, our defense is making heads roll a la 2000 and the nonbelievers will have to see for themselves.

btw, the luck touchdown Johnson had was because it bounced off Reed's chest, that simply ain't happenin' again...

KW:

Make no mistake, Boller is our starter next year, Wright is just good enough to capitalize on the opportunities created by our defense.

Also not to be overlooked is that we have promptly put Corey Fuller on the bench as our Nickel back. Baxter is playing corner now and that is when Seattle stopped scoring, it was 41-24 in the 3rd quarter.

I agree you have the edge in a shootout but my main point this week is that the Raven defense is back in full effect. Anyone can make stats look a certain way, yeah we've given up 30 points 4 times but we are also ranked 4th in overall defense. Our offense was truly offensive a few games back, commitiing about 13 turnovers in 3 games. Wright was not a part of that so dont expect that to continue.

And you are also right about Jamal, he is the key, he is my boy and that is why I use the handle that I do!

I dont know about you guys but I have been excited about this game since Sunday around 5 pm.

May the best team win!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevnz:

Because our team and subsequently our defense is the 2nd younest team in the league! Thus the incosistency.

Dont delude yourself, our defense is making heads roll a la 2000 and the nonbelievers will have to see for themselves.

I agree you have the edge in a shootout but my main point this week is that the Raven defense is back in full effect. Anyone can make stats look a certain way, yeah we've given up 30 points 4 times but we are also ranked 4th in overall defense. Our offense was truly offensive a few games back, commitiing about 13 turnovers in 3 games. Wright was not a part of that so dont expect that to continue.

Jam31,

One thing. You say that the defense is back, but you say the defense is inconsistant. I would agreee that there are games that are very 2000ish, but then they go and give up 41 points...Can't have it both ways. I will agree that the defense is very good and very young and that's scary for the long term.

I in no way think this game will be a shootout(which means the final score will be like 55-54 :lol: )

I know the Ravens have also been very good about not turning the ball over with Wright under center, but if the Bengals do manage to contain J Lewis and they do put it on Wrights shoulders to win the game...Well that's a tall order for a 3rd string QB...Especially when it's not the Seahawks that he's playing.

And I'd agree with you that Boeller is the starter for next year and on....If the Ravens finally get good consistant WR's. (He's got a cannon for an arm, he needs a speed demon...I hope he doesn't ever get one) I still think the Ravens paid a pretty high price cause next years draft is gonna be a good one...But I can live with it. :D

And thank you for the post, it's nice to see that some Ravens fans can do more than call people names or threaten them....

Also, yeah, this game is gonna be exciting...It looks like this series cood really turn into something major for years to come. Gotta love it.

Kevnz:

No problem bro, I like smack dont get me wrong, especially when I have Ray Lewis on my side, but its good to get opposing views, that is why I even talk to Steeler fans :o

Now as for Cleveland, I have ZERO respect but I think you could probably imagine why, something about Indians and Orioles and New Browns and Old Browns!!!!!

BUt anyway, your point is well taken, my faith in our defense is based on our last 5 quarters, and Ray Lewis, I have seen him do this before ya know??

Like in 2000 he simply wouldn't allow a loss, that is why I am so confident this week

No disrespecting your team, I cant really because I still love Marvin! I just wish he went outside the frickin division :(

My main point here is that in 2000 we went 5 games w/o td's and instead of mutiny we became stronger like family

Now going back 2 weeks to Seattle, we trailed 17-3 at the half, we were booed off the field by the home crowd and in the locker room, well.....there was damn near mutiny

So coming out of that, we pulled off an amazing comeback (referee assisted for sure but im not giving it back) Ever since then we have been a family again which means bad things for everybody else. Last week we played the Niners and I was in attendance and it was like 2000 all over again. Balls were being tipped left and right and we dominated them. We took away their manhood.

Not predicting such a display this Sunday but I am just super confident in this team.

The Ravens have a track record something the Bengals do not, not saying it cant be done, but t his is the reason for my "swagger"

so again, may the best team win!!!!!!!!

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!

So coming out of that, we pulled off an amazing comeback (referee assisted for sure but im not giving it back)  Ever since then we have been a family again which means bad things for everybody else.  Last week we played the Niners and I was in attendance and it was like 2000 all over again.  Balls were being tipped left and right and we dominated them.   We took away their manhood.

Not predicting such a display this Sunday but I am just super confident in this team.

The Ravens have a track record something the Bengals do not, not saying it cant be done, but t his is the reason for my "swagger"

so again, may the best team win!!!!!!!!

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago, we got to talking among ourselves about the possibility of the playoffs ... with no punchlines or anything. We were actually serious for the first time in .. oh about a decade or so. Your team was in the middle of its " problem time ", and of course we were looking at play the Steelers and then your guys on the road. My response to one of the comments about both teams was something to the affect that even if they couldn't be considered dangerous anymore, they should still be labeled " approach with extreme caution".

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and here you go ..... you've scored a couple hundred points in the last few games and played take away with the other guys offense. To tell you the truth, I'm glad to see it. Watching your team made you confident because of their level of play. I think thats great. The Ravens are back on track ........ playing up to their super bowl year level ... according to Ray Lewis, and he'd be in a position to judge. AND also according to him they are FIRED UP for this game. That's exactly the way I would like to see it, and here's why. The Bengals are playing pretty good ball too right now. They're on a 4 game winning streak that has included back to back road games ..... last one in Pittsburgh. I don't care what their record is, that's never an easy game and it wasn't this time either. I don't know if you could exactly call it a swagger, but the Bengals are playing with a lot of confidence. We've got one key guy injured, but other than that we are healthy. Extremely healthy for this time of year. We do have one real question mark. Or, I do anyway. This turn around has been so fast that we don't really know how good this team is. So this week we find out. We are playing a bona fide super bowl caliber team ..... at the top of their game .... and in their house ...... and they're fired up about it. How we do against this team and in this situation whether we win or lose is going to clear up a lot of questions for everybody. If we lose badly, its back to the drawing board .... if we lose a close game, well we're getting there, and if we win, then as amazing as it sounds I think we have a legitemate contender on our hands. Either way, we get to find out this Sunday and I can't wait.

Redsfan:

Id even go so far to say that both of our teams will make the playoffs regardless of Sunday's outcome.

Is Burris playing Sunday?

And thank you for calling us a Super Bowl contender, I usually dont expect respect like that coming from anybody outside of Baltimore.

May the best team win Sunday

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!! (Baltimore 27, Cincinnati 13)

Redsfan:

Id even go so far to say that both of our teams will make the playoffs regardless of Sunday's outcome.

Is Burris playing Sunday?

And thank you for calling us a Super Bowl contender, I usually dont expect respect like that coming from anybody outside of Baltimore.

May the best team win Sunday

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!! (Baltimore 27, Cincinnati 13)

I'd like to see both teams go to the playoffs mainly to stick it to the media for saying what a weak division we're in. Honestly though I think that would be tough.

Burris is not playing ...... we're ranting about that on another thread. see Weathersby

To ignore the fact that your team is a contender is not being a fan. Its being unrealistic and stupid. A lot of people can't accept the fact that they can be a loyal fan and still recognize the accomplishments and talents of their competition. The good thing is, that you won't find many of those types posting on this board. Most of the guys who post here have a broad knowledge of football in general and are good about sharing it without trying to one up each other. While we don't care for the company of trolls, real fans of other teams are always welcome to talk football here.

Here's hoping for a good game on Sunday with no injuries.

Redsfan:

Amen on the no injures....

Denver plays KC and Miami plays at NE, assuming they both lose,

My team or your team would still be within a game and striking distance of the wildcard.

Id take Billick and Lewis over Shanahan and Wannstedt

I am already likening this potential rivalry to that of Baltimore-Tennesee in 2000, I seriously think one of us might make the Bowl.

I know some Bengal fans are in shock right now but believe me, as I saw in 2000, if a team gets hot these days you just might wind up with a ring that can never be taken away!

I am already likening this potential rivalry to that of Baltimore-Tennesee in 2000, I seriously think one of us might make the Bowl.

I'm glad that you brought that up. I've been giving that some thought as well. It's been a long time since we've been in a position to be anyones "rival", and to tell the truth it feels good. I think the Steelers can be added to the mix for a 3 way rivalry. They're down now, but you know that won't last long. Provided we can hold up our end, and not just be a flash in the pan, we could get back to the days when this was the black and blue division in the league. One step at a time though. After 12 years, I'll be happy with a winning record. A playoff game under any circumstances is gravy.

I think Marvin Lewis is going to be as good of a head coach as he was a coordinator. If that is the case, I think we can look forward to several years of good games.

* Didn't forget about the Browns. Didn't count them in because .......... they don't count.

Redsfan2:

You won't get any argument from me about the Steelers, sh** we haven't beaten those folks in damn near three years. :(

I think Marvin Lewis is building a "program" that will serve you well in the future and he learned the majority of his organizational skills from my boy Coach Billick. The Ravens are already in Year 5 of the program with one ring to show for it.

Im fairly certain this will be a competitive rivlary as long as the head coaches remain as they are in about 12 hours!!!!!

What time is it?

I usually dont expect respect like that coming from anybody outside of Baltimore.

Your surprise rests in your mouth. Constant smack gets old and no respect.

Respect must be earned. Talking smack constantly and winning big does not win the respect of your opponent.

A troubling trend in modern athletics is the loss of winning graciously. The end of the Folorida state-Florida game is a prime example.

Whatever happened to the notion of lacing 'em, playing hard and when it's over shaking hands?