Important Game

Diesel

We still have a chance to make the playoffs now.

Wild Card Race Update:

Jets - 8-3

Ravens - 7-4

Broncos - 7-4

Jaguars - 6-5

Bengals - 5-6

Assuming the 1st wild card spot will go to the Jets, we are two games out with five to play. If we can beat the Ravens this weekend we will be one game out of it (hoping Broncos lose). We hold a head to head advantage over the Broncos and the Jags have been free falling since their start. That tells me that if we win this weekend, we're still in the hunt and if we lose any chance at the playoffs is gone. Interesting to have such big late season games at Baltimore two years in a row. Just wanted to point out the importance of this one.

I didn't say the road will be easy. Just that a win this weekend puts us right back in the thick of the hunt. I went to this game last year - unfortunately, it is definitely not an easy place to play. Watch though, if we win the national media will be talking about how we have surprisingly snuck into the wild card race. If we lose, season's over.

If the Jags die like they've started doing, the Bengals will break the tie-breaker against Denver IF their records tie.

Problem is, we have to have a better record than Baltimore to have a chance. And I'm saying that if we beat them Sunday because our divisional record is would only be 2-4 and at their worst, the Ravens would be 3-3. Inter-divisional record is the first tie-breaking scenario. We lose if we tie Baltimore's record.

We literally would have to win out our schedule to realistically have a chance for the wild card. Possible, but highly unlikely.

Just looked that up. You're right. We need to have a better record than the Ravens no matter what. They play us, Giants, Colts, Steelers, and Dolphins. Even if the Ravens lose to us, Colts and Steelers we would have to win out. Colts and Steelers are both away games for them and probable losses. That means they would finish 9-7 and we would have to win out to go 10-6. Crap! That s**tty loss to the Browns in Cleveland is looming pretty large right now. We don't need to beat out the Jets though.

Just looked that up. You're right. We need to have a better record than the Ravens no matter what. They play us, Giants, Colts, Steelers, and Dolphins. Even if the Ravens lose to us, Colts and Steelers we would have to win out. Colts and Steelers are both away games for them and probable losses. That means they would finish 9-7 and we would have to win out to go 10-6. Crap! That s**tty loss to the Browns in Cleveland is looming pretty large right now. We don't need to beat out the Jets though.

Hey man, it's still possible and until the old math-king comes out says, "you can't do this", then it's still on the table.

But you're right, if we are to have a chance, we HAVE to beat the Ravens. We will beat the Ravens Sunday... ;)

With the schedule the Bungles have left, it's going to be tough, IMO.  I say the Bungles still go 6-10 or 7-9.  They definitely miss the playoffs and the Donkeys slide in by a horse hair.

I agree. We still have games at Baltimore, at New England and at Philly on our schedule. While we can win those games, it's going to take an amazing amount of consistency to win all of those games -- much more consistency than we've had all season. We have the potential for winning out, but we'll probably wind up with a 7 - 9 record or maybe 8 - 8.

No matter what, we need to beat the Ravens on Sunday. And we can, if we can just put together a consistent game from the 1st quarter to the last.

If we win out, we go to the playoffs. If we don't, we don't go. A 9-7 team from the AFC just won't get a wildcard this season in the AFC. But I'll be happy with 9-7.

A 10-6 AFC team won't go to the playoffs....Just like last year when Miami was 10- and stayed home. This year there is a real chance that 2 10-6 teams will be at home in January.

Do any of you feel that the Bengals can beat the Ravens? I hate them, but they do seem to have our number. Especially on the road. I like our chances against the Patriots if we win this game more than against the Ravens this weekend. (If that makes sense). It just seems that the Ravens intimidate the Bengals.

I think we absolutely can beat the ravens. You KNOW Marvin and Leslie will be chewing out the defense, and with Lewis not 100% and Heap not 100% and Boller at QB we will have plenty of interceptions. The key to the game is simple. STOP JAMAL LEWIS and run Rudi straight at Ray until little Ray Ray gives up tackling him.

The New England Game will be a good shootout. I'm betting Corey Dillon isn't feeling well enough to play his tummy will hurt or something. Seriously, the defense will be working harder than against any other back in the league for this game, since beating them is something to be very proud of.

Buffalo will be another home win, and the Giants game will be pick city with Eli "the interception" Manning at the helm.

I have a hard time seeing us finishing up the season beating Philly in Philly unless they have clinched home field advantage and would rather see what they can do with their backups than risk their bigtime players. This is a very real possibility in the final week of the season.

The chances are slim and none on the playoffs. One thing to think about though....The Eagles have things locked and in cruise control so it's a "not get anyone hurt" game for them. The key game would be the Ravens. Is Jamal playing?

I think we win vs the Bills and Giants. We would need to play a mistake free game to beat the Pats and I don't think it will happen. I see 8-8 again.

The chances are slim and none on the playoffs. One thing to think about though....The Eagles have things locked and in cruise control so it's a "not get anyone hurt" game for them. The key game would be the Ravens. Is Jamal playing?

I think we win vs the Bills and Giants. We would need to play a mistake free game to beat the Pats and I don't think it will happen. I see 8-8 again.

Don't look now, but the Bills won't be nearly as easy to beat as you might think.

They're capable of playing very good football. Their rushing attack is taking off and their defense is playing well...

I agree with Who Dey, our playoff chances are in the "slim to none" category. But...it ain't over until it's over. And looking at this weekend and what the Bengals need to happen, those slim hopes may even survive for one more week.

Obviously, the Bengals need to win in Baltimore. It's a defining game for the team. Even if they don't ultimately make the postseason, a win says they're for real.

We need the Jets to beat Houston. Among other things, beating NY for a WC spot would require them to finish 9-7 or worse. Since they're already 8-3, my bet is that that isn't going to happen. But Houston is 5-6 like the Bengals and has a better conference record, 5-3 vs. 3-6. I think Jets over Texans is a pretty good bet, esp. if Pennington (now questionable) is back.

San Diego, at home, needs to beat Denver. If Denver played like it did Monday night, it should be an SD blowout.

Pittsburgh needs to win on the road against Jax. Pitt's already won the division over us, so they could at least be helpful and reduce Jax to 6-6.

Finally, we need Buffalo to lose in Miami. That hope might fall under the category of "pipe dream," however.

But the bottom line is that it all starts in Baltimore. Go Bengals!

ive stated this before

EVEN IF we somehow, by some miracle make the playoffs, we'd get sent home so fast we'd make it home from the plane flight to watch the other games being played later that day.

Gimme a break. We've had our opportunities, and we failed to seize them, and now they wanna play like we can get to the playoffs?

:lol: And Baltimore is just gonna fall off the face of the Earth and lose the rest of their games or something?

KNEE-GROW, PUH-LEASE.

EVEN IF we somehow, by some miracle make the playoffs, we'd get sent home so fast we'd make it home from the plane flight to watch the other games being played later that day.

Oh, very probably. But then again, that's not an unusual fate for wild cards in general.

And Baltimore is just gonna fall off the face of the Earth and lose the rest of their games or something?

Well, one can always hope :lol:. But they have 2 tough away games left against Indy and Pitt. If the Bengals can get on a roll, it could come down to whether their D or Miami's D can score more points on Jan 2. But one week at a time.

Guys...we are not going to the playoffs.

Again...probably not. Even if all the breaks do go our way next Sunday, the ensuing weeks feature a long string of improbable losses we'd need others to suffer. For example, in week 14, the Bengals would not only have to win in Foxboro (good luck) but we'd be rooting for Miami to defeat Denver in Denver (fat chance) and for the Eli Manning Giants to come down the coast and beat the Ravens (insert laugh track here).

But ya never know. What happens if Jamal reinjures the ankle and misses some games? Or if the Broncos continue to fall apart?

But we have to beat Baltimore first if we're to have any hope at all.