The Ford 400

BengalszoneBilly

I'm excited, but bummed at the same time. This race will determine the 1st Nextel Champion, but it's the last race of the year. The winner could very well be the Champion too. Five drivers still have a shot at it all, so with that in mind, here's my choices:

Chevy Driver: Jeff Gordon. He was PISSED about not winning last weekend!

Dodge Driver: Kasey Kahne. He HAS to win at least once this season!

Ford Driver: Mark Martin. I pullin' for the veteran to win this race and hopefully, the Championship too! He deserves at least one before retiring, although 82 points is a huge amount to make up in one race!

My choice for odds on to win it all? Kurt Busch

It's been a hell of a season, and this new points thing worked out far better than I though it would. Goodbye 2004 NASCAR season! B)

How do you think the Chase worked out? Personally, I love it. It's kept me engaged all season. I'm sure there are things that should be worked out, such as if you're in the chase but finish a race dead-last you should be given 10th place finish points. Or given 200 points instead of 185 while it still promotes consistency, it also promotes winning more.

To win it all, I think it's going to be a battle between Jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon. Johnson is the hottest driver right now winning 4 of the last 5 races! Gordon is the experienced know how to get it done type driver. Plus, people are saying that his test sessions at Homestead blew everyone else away. :blink:

Well I love the chase, but would like to see the points done differently for the entrie field. Basically reset everone not in the chase to 3000 points, and let them go for 11th place. Plus wins in the chase should give 20 extra points.

This week, the top three. Busch, Johnson, and Gordon.

Championship....Gotta stay with Busch cause everyone has to beat him to get it.