Pro Bowl voting

kevnz

Hi everybody.

It's time to vote for the Pro Bowl

http://nfl.com/probowl

Vote as much as possible.

Why not? Do you think other teams fans aren't gonna vote for their players? How many times have we seen players get voted in that haven't deserved it? Players that haven't even played much that year.

Stand up and get this team and these players noticed.

Eric Steinbach is one of the best guards in the game, don't you think he deserves some attention? How about Tory James tied for the league lead in INT's? How about Brian Simmons getting some league wide acknowledgement for what he does? How about Willie getting a probowl start? How about Rudi who's on pace to set a team record rushing? Help get these guys noticed.

Remember, it's not just the players that you're helping. If other players see Bengals getting recognized then they are gonna consider Cincinnati as a better free agent destination.

Again, I'll ask any of you cats that frequent other boards to pass on the info and the message.

Hi everybody.

It's time to vote for the Pro Bowl

http://nfl.com/probowl

Vote as much as possible.

Why not? Do you think other teams fans aren't gonna vote for their players? How many times have we seen players get voted in that haven't deserved it? Players that haven't even played much that year.

Stand up and get this team and these players noticed.

Eric Steinbach is one of the best guards in the game, don't you think he deserves some attention? How about Tory James tied for the league lead in INT's? How about Brian Simmons getting some league wide acknowledgement for what he does? How about Willie getting a probowl start? How about Rudi who's on pace to set a team record rushing? Help get these guys noticed.

Remember, it's not just the players that you're helping. If other players see Bengals getting recognized then they are gonna consider Cincinnati as a better free agent destination.

Again, I'll ask any of you cats that frequent other boards to pass on the info and the message.

NOBODY MAKES IT FROM THE DEFENSE!!!!

If anyone makes it, it should be Willie (again) and possibly Shayne Graham. Graham has most of the Bungles' points this year.

You guys still have to remember that the Bungles are 2-4 for the year. Most pro bowlers are going to be coming from playoff teams.

If anyone makes it, it should be Willie (again) and possibly Shayne Graham. Graham has most of the Bungles' points this year.

You guys still have to remember that the Bungles are 2-4 for the year. Most pro bowlers are going to be coming from playoff teams.

Give me a break Barb, I didn't say anything about deserving it. I said vote any damn way. Did Shockey deserve going last year? Hell no. But that's what happens when you let fans vote. All I'm saying is that why should Bengals fans be any different?

As for the no defense thing. I think if James continues to lead the nfl in picks he might just end up going and probably rightly so.

If anyone makes it, it should be Willie (again) and possibly Shayne Graham.  Graham has most of the Bungles' points this year.

You guys still have to remember that the Bungles are 2-4 for the year.  Most pro bowlers are going to be coming from playoff teams.

Give me a break Barb, I didn't say anything about deserving it. I said vote any damn way. Did Shockey deserve going last year? Hell no. But that's what happens when you let fans vote. All I'm saying is that why should Bengals fans be any different?

As for the no defense thing. I think if James continues to lead the nfl in picks he might just end up going and probably rightly so.

Didn't Shockey play injured and have decent numbers???? That does deserve Pro Bowl consideration.

...and Tory James plays on a defense that is still one of the worst against the run. No way anyone makes it from that scrub squad.

chad will make it. he sealed his vote on monday night.

CJ's numbers haven't been that great to make it. There's 5 other receivers in the AFC alone that have better numbers.

However, you're probably right since CJ has one of the biggest mouths without backing it up in the NFL.

Big mouths like him and Owens always make it.

No way anyone makes it from that scrub squad.

Dude, he's not telling you that they deserve it. Even though, I think some may deserve it. He's saying why not vote for Bengal's players. Don't you want to see some Bengals in the Pro Bowl?? He's not trying to convince you that they are the greatest in the league.

No way anyone makes it from that scrub squad.

Dude, he's not telling you that they deserve it. Even though, I think some may deserve it. He's saying why not vote for Bengal's players. Don't you want to see some Bengals in the Pro Bowl?? He's not trying to convince you that they are the greatest in the league.

NO--I BELIEVE ON VOTING ON WHO SHOULD BE THERE!!!!! Not because I homer out on vote for all Bungle Players.

Jesus, some of you guys are going to fall off the bandwagon if the Bungles lose Sunday, huh????

Vote for people who deserv e it, who have good numbers PLEASE!

Do you really think that all fans vote for stats alone and not their favorite team?

THANK YOU.

BAX and Barb are just totally missing the flpping point. Why the hell should we, the fans of the Bengals(though I use that term loosely for you two) be any different? Hell I would think that we would be hungrier to see an improving team's (anyone that thinks this team isn't better than the team that finished the 2k2 season is f'n nuts) players get some good press and go to the probowl.

Look at the people that make the probowl every year? Do they always deserve to go???? NO! I say we stand up and get our guys some pub.

Vote for people who deserv e it, who have good numbers PLEASE!

Do you really think that all fans vote for stats alone and not their favorite team?

THANK YOU.

BAX and Barb are just totally missing the flpping point. Why the hell should we, the fans of the Bengals(though I use that term loosely for you two) be any different? Hell I would think that we would be hungrier to see an improving team's (anyone that thinks this team isn't better than the team that finished the 2k2 season is f'n nuts) players get some good press and go to the probowl.

Look at the people that make the probowl every year? Do they always deserve to go???? NO! I say we stand up and get our guys some pub.

You know, Kev. You're absolutely right about Pro Bowlers and the people that go.

Mike Alstott made the Pro Bowl NUMEROUS TIMES, but he never really deserved it--he just goes on reputation alone. I thought that Shockey shouldn't have made it last year either, although him playing hurt WAS Pro Bowl worthy.

There are several players that make it every year because of a popularity contest. It's sort of like the Prom Court. It's a popularity contest. No less.

;)

However, when I vote, I consider who SHOULD MAKE IT--as every fan should. I don't care what the f**k point I did miss. The players who deserve it should make it--homered or non-homered. And the NFL leaves it up to the fans to be conscious about their decisions.

So go ahead, vote for all 11 Bungles' Defensive Players. Most fans do have a conscious and know that it isn't right for any of those schmucks to go.

This has been an interesting topic to read. I'm seeing Bengals fans actually argue with each other about Bengals players that should or shouldn't go to the Pro Bowl.

Listen, just because Bengal Fans get online and vote for Bengals doesn't mean that they are going to wind up in the Pro Bowl anyway. It really just shows support for your team by giving some of these players votes.

Yes, NFL fans should vote for players who really deserve to be there but most of them don't. A lot of people vote for their own players, or players whose names they recognize but don't know much about.

As for Bengals players...maybe Simmons, James will deserve it if he keeps getting INTs, Chad Johnson should definitely go as well as Willie Anderson and Eric Steinbach. Thats 3 definite and 2 maybe's IMHO.

I wouldn't try to vote for Miller or Johnson over Ray Lewis, and I would never pick Kim Herring over Ed Reed. I wouldn't give any of our D-lineman a vote...except maybe Justin Smith if he keeps playing well. Rudi will have to show me that he can put up 1400 - 1500 yds to get a vote...but he won't beat out Priest Holmes, LaDanian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, or maybe even Corey Dillon.

Anyway, I will probably send all these guys at least 1 vote for support, then I'll vote again for the players who I think deserve it.

Dude, I can't understand, that if you call yourself a real Bengals fan, why you are being so negative after such a huge week for the team

*SIGH*

damned ROOKIES!!! Someone please fill him in.

:rolleyes:

Here's the deal on ol' Barbarian WhoDey42..You could consider him the druken, verbally abusive, foul mouthed agressive father that beats you that you never had! But I think the best way I can put this is to say that he and his opinions, comments, viewpoints, rants and ramblings are sort of an "aquirred" taste. Most folks, myself not withstanding, found him at first to be distasteful, and if you're anything like I was about it, you're likely gonna have a strong reaction to it! A reaction I'd describe as something akin to how you'd react to a big bite out of a s**t sandwich! "Pleasant" usually isn't the first word that comes to mind, BUT... If you look at what he's actually saying, and not the "s**tty flavor" aftertaste of how it looks when you read it, he usually has a somewhat valid point. Also don't be too shocked to find yourself not often sharing that point with him.

Like in this case about the Pro Bowl game. (Which I somewhat agree with him here.) How is he being negative to want the very best players represented at each position in the game, instead of the one's who are simply popular, or are voted in because they come from large market teams! They should rename it to the "Popularity Contest" bowl, because that's all it is, and it's the main reason while I'm usually NOT watching it either. IMHO, the All Star Game, the Pro Bowl Game, NBA All Star Game...they're all designed just to give the teams a short break and (except for football) divide up the season, plus make a few extra bucks on some saps that have too much cash anyway, and will seemingly pay to watch ANYTHING!

Is he a real Bengal fan? IMO absolutely! The hate he harbors for Mike Brown can't be faked! You actually have to have been there and physically taken it up the tailpipe for all those losing years on Mikies watch! And a quick scan of the Smack Forum posts will quickly help you get a handle on this "Being a real fan question may have about him. If it doesn't, then I'll just vouch for him and we can all move on with our lives.

Is he always right in his opinions and comments? Absolutely NOT! I mean anyone who openly makes fun me and my second favorite sport of "Nascar" racing would have to be considered "wanting" in many critical area's of key mental ability. For instance his "Watching things go 'round and round, and then around again a few more times ability" is almost assuredly way more underdeveloped than my own! Poor guy. Please don't make fun of him and his "Nascar" handicap. He get's enough comments and snide remarks just by being HIMSELF!!

My take on the Pro Bowl: It should be an election only, no game. The game is a paid vacation to Hawaii for people who could afford to take all of us with them. If I were an owner, who is paying someone monster money, like a QB, and he gets seriously hurt in the game playing behind an o-line that hasn't played together in a meaningless game, I would be pissed. Or my lineman, or RB, or LB, or whoever! I do not know how many injuries have accurred in any Pro Bowl, I never watch it. The most I think I've ever seen is one quarter's worth or highlights on ESPN.

I'm all for Pro Bowl selection honors, but put their names on a plaque or something and have an ESPN announcement/ceremony for them and us fans. Don't play the game.

And the voting should not be done by fans, sorry. It is a popularity contest. Let the sports writers, coaches, etc do the voting. And make sure they look at all teams, not just the ones who went to the playoffs. Look at all the teams to see if someone deserves to be named. And do the voting AFTER a full season, not a few games into it. Who excelled all the way through. Not for just a few games.

Blah..blah..blah

<_<

[soapbox]

I'll get off that soapbox now!

My take on the Pro Bowl: It should be an election only, no game. The game is a paid vacation to Hawaii for people who could afford to take all of us with them. If I were an owner, who is paying someone monster money, like a QB, and he gets seriously hurt in the game playing behind an o-line that hasn't played together in a meaningless game, I would be pissed. Or my lineman, or RB, or LB, or whoever! I do not know how many injuries have accurred in any Pro Bowl, I never watch it. The most I think I've ever seen is one quarter's worth or highlights on ESPN.

I'm all for Pro Bowl selection honors, but put their names on a plaque or something and have an ESPN announcement/ceremony for them and us fans. Don't play the game.

And the voting should not be done by fans, sorry. It is a popularity contest. Let the sports writers, coaches, etc do the voting. And make sure they look at all teams, not just the ones who went to the playoffs. Look at all the teams to see if someone deserves to be named. And do the voting AFTER a full season, not a few games into it. Who excelled all the way through. Not for just a few games.

Blah..blah..blah

<_<

[soapbox]

I'll get off that soapbox now!

I agree...I mean, really...who cares about the Pro Bowl? I've never watched more than a few minutes of it either.

I agree...something should be changed about the Pro Bowl. I think there should be a Pro Bowl selection committee or something, with sports writers on it. I don't think coaches should vote on it...although coaches are better than fans. It's just like the college football coaches poll... it's pointless. I don't think coaches watch a lot of the games of teams other than the ones that they play the next week and the ones that are in the playoffs.

Dude, I can't understand, that if you call yourself a real Bengals fan, why you are being so negative after such a huge week for the team

*SIGH*

damned ROOKIES!!! Someone please fill him in.

:rolleyes:

Here's the deal on ol' Barbarian WhoDey42..You could consider him the druken, verbally abusive, foul mouthed agressive father that beats you that you never had! But I think the best way I can put this is to say that he and his opinions, comments, viewpoints, rants and ramblings are sort of an "aquirred" taste. Most folks, myself not withstanding, found him at first to be distasteful, and if you're anything like I was about it, you're likely gonna have a strong reaction to it! A reaction I'd describe as something akin to how you'd react to a big bite out of a s**t sandwich! "Pleasant" usually isn't the first word that comes to mind, BUT... If you look at what he's actually saying, and not the "s**tty flavor" aftertaste of how it looks when you read it, he usually has a somewhat valid point. Also don't be too shocked to find yourself not often sharing that point with him.

Like in this case about the Pro Bowl game. (Which I somewhat agree with him here.) How is he being negative to want the very best players represented at each position in the game, instead of the one's who are simply popular, or are voted in because they come from large market teams! They should rename it to the "Popularity Contest" bowl, because that's all it is, and it's the main reason while I'm usually NOT watching it either. IMHO, the All Star Game, the Pro Bowl Game, NBA All Star Game...they're all designed just to give the teams a short break and (except for football) divide up the season, plus make a few extra bucks on some saps that have too much cash anyway, and will seemingly pay to watch ANYTHING!

Is he a real Bengal fan? IMO absolutely! The hate he harbors for Mike Brown can't be faked! You actually have to have been there and physically taken it up the tailpipe for all those losing years on Mikies watch! And a quick scan of the Smack Forum posts will quickly help you get a handle on this "Being a real fan question may have about him. If it doesn't, then I'll just vouch for him and we can all move on with our lives.

Is he always right in his opinions and comments? Absolutely NOT! I mean anyone who openly makes fun me and my second favorite sport of "Nascar" racing would have to be considered "wanting" in many critical area's of key mental ability. For instance his "Watching things go 'round and round, and then around again a few more times ability" is almost assuredly way more underdeveloped than my own! Poor guy. Please don't make fun of him and his "Nascar" handicap. He get's enough comments and snide remarks just by being HIMSELF!!

Holy Christ--I've just been psychoanalyzed!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

Nice job, Billy. Hey, he's pretty good too.

I hate NECKCAR, too--just from living in Charlotte, NC for 2.5 years alone! I've always hated that damned "sport". Bill, please tell me you don't have a #3 with a halo sticker in the back window of your pick'em up truck!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Somebody please tell me how making 4-left turns is a sport????

;)

Bill, please tell me you don't have a #3 with a halo sticker in the back window of your pick'em up truck!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

;)

Well I sold my truck about six months ago, and the ONLY sticker on it was an old, faded out, little Cincinnati Bengals helmet on the rear window. The same place where, yes, you'll usually see those little Dale Earnhardt #3 halo stickers.

And since this isn't the Nascar Forum, I'll limit my answer to your "4 left turns" question to this:

It's not the making of 4 left turns that determines it's a sport.

It's HOW you make those 4 left turns that determines it's a sport!

Quick Pro Bowl question for you: Chad Johnson went last year with Willie Anderson. IMO both desevedly so. Chad caught that opening play pass for the AFC, and Willie played to his ability, or as well the game format would allow him to appear to.

What do you think about this season with these two players? Alot can happen in the remaining games, and Rudi may find much success running behind big Willie in future games.

Again IMO, I can really only justify a vote for Chad so far this season, and but he too could improve by not dropping so many passes as in the Browns game.

Bill, please tell me you don't have a #3 with a halo sticker in the back window of your pick'em up truck!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

;)

Well I sold my truck about six months ago, and the ONLY sticker on it was an old, faded out, little Cincinnati Bengals helmet on the rear window. The same place where, yes, you'll usually see those little Dale Earnhardt #3 halo stickers.

And since this isn't the Nascar Forum, I'll limit my answer to your "4 left turns" question to this:

It's not the making of 4 left turns that determines it's a sport.

It's HOW you make those 4 left turns that determines it's a sport!

Quick Pro Bowl question for you: Chad Johnson went last year with Willie Anderson. IMO both desevedly so. Chad caught that opening play pass for the AFC, and Willie played to his ability, or as well the game format would allow him to appear to.

What do you think about this season with these two players? Alot can happen in the remaining games, and Rudi may find much success running behind big Willie in future games.

Again IMO, I can really only justify a vote for Chad so far this season, and but he too could improve by not dropping so many passes as in the Browns game.

Billy,

For right now--No Bungle Player Makes it. If CJ and Willie step it up and Rudi has 1300 yards, then you may see some Bungle OL's making it.

I still believe that the Bungles have to do better than 7-9 for Bungle Players to make it.

That's just my opinion though.

;)

However, how the voting goes, CJ is beginning to be a household name nationwide with his antics. I'll bet he makes it on his rep alone.